Add two switches to the Devo 7e

More
20 Feb 2014 09:05 #20640 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
that's not what you asked for ;) and with 3 flight modes available on one switch why you would have it like that is puzzling?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2014 23:54 #20670 by lmbull
Replied by lmbull on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Can someone post a link to suitable 3 way switches please?

More
21 Feb 2014 00:06 #20671 by robca
Replied by robca on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
You can find more info here www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...ation?start=60#19113 and the post after mine

More
21 Feb 2014 00:35 #20673 by lmbull
Replied by lmbull on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Awesome! Thank you very much!

More
23 Feb 2014 13:43 #20787 by enderffx
Replied by enderffx on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Hi guys !
I HATE to ask useless questions but as i cannot find a guide for the life of me maybe you can give me a hint.
I would love to add 2 3-way switches but i cannot seem to find a guide about that. always its "2 x 2way" or " 1 x 4way" or "1 x 3way".
Can you point me at a place where i can see how to connect 2 additional 3way switches ?

Thank you :-)

Ender

More
23 Feb 2014 16:33 #20792 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
I don't know of an official tutorial, but try this post (it is what I used to install 2x3 on my tx):
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...t-in-deviation#18116

More
25 Feb 2014 23:10 #20870 by enderffx
Hi PB !
Thank you !
That looks good !
Do i see that correctly: the brown wore is on both middle positions ?
ANd: i need 4 diodes in total ?
Does it matter a lot if thise are silicium or schottky diodes or can i take any leftover diodes, what do you think ?

Thank you for pointing me there, its a shame i cannot read chinese...

Ender

More
02 Mar 2014 13:25 #21077 by robca
Replied by robca on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Yes, brown wire is in both central positions

Yes, 4 diodes in total

Pretty much any signal diode will work (probably not zener, though). As for "leftover diodes", given that opening the Tx is half the work and soldering the other half, risking a poorly working final result due to diode problems seems a risk not worth taking. I used the most common/cheap 1n4148, and those should be available everywhere and cheap enough not to be a factor (if you have other diodes generally known as "signal diodes", those are always ok to use)

More
02 Mar 2014 14:25 #21080 by enderffx
Hello robca !

Thanks for the clarification !
By now i got the diodes (25 pieses for 2Euro including shipment).
I asked because i did have others at hand but now i got time because the 3way switches i got are the wrong ones (they have a spring returning the switch to the mid point, ARGH).

But i will get there eventually thanks to the pics & help & software changes of you guys.

THANKS !

Ender

More
02 Mar 2014 19:40 #21103 by Shanman3us
Replied by Shanman3us on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e

enderffx wrote: now i got time because the 3way switches i got are the wrong ones (they have a spring returning the switch to the mid point, ARGH).

THANKS !

Ender

Bummer. Looks like you ordered the (on)-off-(on) as opposed to the on-off-on. Those lousy brackets make a difference.

Shanman3us

More
25 May 2014 11:02 #23604 by dehalo
Replied by dehalo on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Maybe the answer is somewhere, but I cannot find it:

-How do I replace the Hold and/or Fmod switch with a 3-way switch?

-Does this need any firmware mods?

(Devo 7E w/ Deviation 3.0.0)

More
25 May 2014 15:23 #23607 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
There isn't any support for replacing an existing switch with a 3-way switch. I suppose if that is REALLY what you want, you could do the 2x3way mod, and then cut out the old 2-way switches and install the new ones in place of them.

More
06 Jul 2014 09:53 #24413 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Hi,
On the deviation in Devo7e can we move the switch FMOD 3 ways because in fact I would like the same functions in the same location as the devo devo 8 and 10. Otherwise the solution would be to rename the HOLD in SW H0/H1 and FMOD in SW F0/F1 to keep the switches in 2 ways, which would move, and to avoid confusion of names, but I do not know if this can be done.
Then put a switch 3 ways instead of FMOD (SW A0/A1/A2) and the other where you want. I made ​​the change switches everything works, but I have problem to naming.
If someone has a solution thank you to write to me.
Thanks.

More
25 Jul 2014 14:50 #24793 by helijagr
Replied by helijagr on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
So in doing some reading into the specs, it seems that pin 53 (PC12 or GPIOC 12) is not being used on the STM32F103RBT6 micro-controller. Can anyone confirm? (I would but just sent my new 7E back for a manufacturing defect before I mod it).

If this is true, we could easily add another 4 IO buttons (for a total of 8 IO buttons including the FMODE0 and HOLD0), by adding a Button Matrix Row 5.

Or if someone wants to get really fancy, turning the FMODE0 and HOLD0 pins (PC10 and PC11 respectively) into a button matrix row or column. With that, you could add another 8 IOs for a total of 16 possibilities.

Of course, the software would have to be modded accordingly.

Thoughts?

More
17 Aug 2014 08:04 #25233 by edwardrf
Replied by edwardrf on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
It seems schottky diode i used does not work with this setup, 1N5819 was the particular model.

The funny thing is, it works when i plugin my oscilloscope, the buttons works, but when it is not connected to my oscilloscope, the button works like pushing the trim button.

Then i changed back to a normal silicon diode, it works like a charm, any ideas why is it so?

More
18 Aug 2014 10:17 #25257 by RLmonitor
Replied by RLmonitor on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
A schottky diode has a significantly lower forward conduction voltage than a silicon diode.
The oscilloscope probe has a resistance, so may be acting as a pullup/down resistor.

More
13 Oct 2014 00:01 #26061 by gnensis
Replied by gnensis on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
greate job.

More
20 Dec 2014 14:27 #27102 by Deequeue
Replied by Deequeue on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Hi all, hoping someone can give me a bit of advice.

I have wired up a single 3 way switch as the instructions, patched the latest nightly on the DL page (Aug 12) DFU to the tx, and the display is showing the correct build number on start.

I then modified the hardware.ini on the handset, removing the remark at the start of the extra-switches= line, and adding 3x1 to it

Even with this, the tx is still not showing the extra switch in the transmitter menu -> Channel Monitor -> Stick input page.

The original hold and Fmode inputs are there, but no new ones.

My switches are wired in, but I assume that even if the switches arent wired in, they should still appear if they are made active, they just wont work?

More
20 Dec 2014 20:43 - 20 Dec 2014 20:43 #27113 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
the nightlies don't need patched as the switch code is already included, so by patching it with the old switch code you have most likely buggered it up. just load the nightly untouched and make the changes as required in hardware.ini, also remember you also need to replace the filesystem (well the modules folder as a minimum) with one that matches the build you are using.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2014 20:43 by HappyHarry.

More
22 Dec 2014 03:13 - 22 Dec 2014 23:28 #27132 by Deequeue
Replied by Deequeue on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Hi Harry, thanks for the reply.

Ok, I used the wrong terminology there - my fault.

I loaded an untouched nightly DFU to the tx using dfuse, wiped the USB storage on the tx as I saw someone had issues with old versions before, then copied the entire filesystem across from the nightly zip, excluding the dfu file, and have tried with and without the debug zip.

Edited the hardware.ini to un-remark so it reads extra-switches=3x1

Tx boots fine, shows the correct nightly build numner, but shows no additional inputs.

Dale
Last edit: 22 Dec 2014 23:28 by Deequeue.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds