Some Customizing Questions from a new Deviationist

More
01 Apr 2013 23:20 - 01 Apr 2013 23:21 #8411 by jvulte
New Deviation fan here!!! Absolutely love it!!! Now, I like my Devo8 more than my Spektrum and JRs,.. lmao!!!

I have read just about every post in the forums that caught my eye, and learned quite a bit so far. Though, I have no experience with open source or any code/programming for that matter. I do know PS well, and have been playing around with bar colors, wallpapers and icons. What great fun!!! Thanks a ton PB, and others, YOU ROCK!!! B)

Now, for my questions, how can I change font colors and fonts? Is there an easy way? If not, could that be something added in the future? I see the font files in the media folder, and have downloaded some font files from the forums but I'm unsure of how to even preview what the fonts look like, nevermind change them, lol.

Also, is there a way to figure out which bars in the media folder, go to which screens? Is there a way to change background color of the trim and timer bars on the main screen? I think the only other thing Im wondering is if I can put an exitable splash screen when turning on? I saw that someone had, but I could not make heads or tails out of it :S
Last edit: 01 Apr 2013 23:21 by jvulte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2013 23:44 #8412 by DarkWolf
Under the /media folder while browsing the TX you will find config.ini. It contains the font settings and colors, as well as the theme files for the display.

More
02 Apr 2013 04:28 #8416 by vlad_vy

More
02 Apr 2013 09:16 #8423 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Some Customizing Questions from a new Deviationist
I didn't mention it in the link Vlad sent, but you can use fontforge to manipulate the bdf files (or TTF files) It is a little buggy, so save often.

More
03 Apr 2013 13:52 - 03 Apr 2013 14:07 #8465 by jvulte
NICE!!! thanx much guys!

Not sure I want to play with that,..lol. Im sure its not that bad once you know what each line of code stands for, but to have my first look at building the bdf file is a bit of foreign language. I havn't looked at fontforge yet, but I will!

If anyone gets bored in the meantime,... a tutorial on YouTube about this would be FN amazing!!!! HEHEHE, either way I will let you all know when I figure it out :silly:
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 14:07 by jvulte. Reason: adding a thought

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds