Devo 8s: Flysky and Skyartec Modules Together

More
08 Apr 2013 08:37 - 08 Apr 2013 08:44 #8733 by bruiser
Hi, I am a newbie of R/C heli and this forum :P . In fact, I have had much fun with v911, Devo 8s and Deviation firmware. Thanks to all who make this happens.

I would like to try 6-channel Skyartec Wasp nano. Before putting one into my shopping cart, I would like to confirm if it is possible to install both Flysky and Skyartec modules into my Devo 8s at the same time by simply soldering corresponding pins together. Thanks.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2013 08:44 by bruiser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2013 08:47 #8736 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Devo 8s: Flysky and Skyartec Modules Together

bruiser wrote: Hi, I would like to confirm if it is possible to install both Flysky and Skyartec modules into my Devo 8s at the same time by simply soldering corresponding pins together. Thanks.

Yes you can - see the manual from the Main menu - you will have to fit the A7105 and CC2500 modules.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
08 Apr 2013 09:17 #8738 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 8s: Flysky and Skyartec Modules Together
But you can not simply solder the corresponding pins together - you have one wire to select the appropriate module.
You can see the docu in the "Downloads" section .

More
08 Apr 2013 09:31 #8740 by bruiser
Replied by bruiser on topic Devo 8s: Flysky and Skyartec Modules Together
Do you mean that I cannot simply base on the table on page 10 of "Adding Modules to Your Deviation Transmitter" to solder the pins together? And Deviation will NOT enable one of the modules automatically?

Do I need to install a switch to select corresponding module?

Hope that I have not missed anything important in the document.

More
08 Apr 2013 09:43 #8741 by sbstnp
I think the wording stands in your way guys. Best is to follow the documents rbe linked. That's the definitive guide to adding radio modules.

PS:
When you say "solder together" we understand you solder the pins on 2 modules in the same place on the board, which is wrong. Probably English isn't your first language, but please try to be more careful with your choice of words, we get easily confused :) and you get wrong all the wrong answers.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
08 Apr 2013 10:41 #8744 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo 8s: Flysky and Skyartec Modules Together
I only wanted to remark that the selection pins have to be connected to TMS/TCK, not anywhere at the existing module.
From my theoretical point of view (haven't done such modification yet) the docu is really good.

More
08 Apr 2013 13:03 - 08 Apr 2013 13:05 #8748 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Devo 8s: Flysky and Skyartec Modules Together
Hi Bruiser

Get the ModuleInstallation.pdf manual from downloads. Use page 10 table you have mentioned - I have simplified it for me when I did the modifications on my Devo8s, see below:

The red is wiring for the XL7105 module, the blue is for the XL2500 module. If you install both, use TMS for the Xl7105 and TCK for the XL2500 (default pin mapping for the firmware). Where there are both a blue and red arrow head in a block, they are connected together, same with two pin numbers in one block - they are connected.

Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Apr 2013 13:05 by RandMental.

More
08 Apr 2013 21:41 - 08 Apr 2013 22:29 #8763 by bruiser
Replied by bruiser on topic Devo 8s: Flysky and Skyartec Modules Together
Thank you all for the guidance especially the detailed illustration by RandMental. I hope I can make it work.

By the way, sorry for my poor English :unsure: which caused confusion. sbstnp is right that English is not my first language.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2013 22:29 by bruiser.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds