Devo 8S - How to bind to Spektrum RXs

More
04 Oct 2013 15:43 #14236 by jhawk19
Devo 8S - How to bind to Spektrum RXs was created by jhawk19
Hello All!

I am new to the forum. I have a Devo 8S that I've been using with a few Walkera helicopters. I am getting ready to purchase two Spektrum helicopters and would like to know how I can bind the Devo 8S with those Spektrum receivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At this time I do not have any custom firmware/software on my 8S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2013 20:14 #14244 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Devo 8S - How to bind to Spektrum RXs
You can if you load the deviation firmware developed here. See the home page menu for links to the manuals and software. Best would be to load the latest nightly build.

More
05 Oct 2013 22:14 #14272 by jhawk19
Replied by jhawk19 on topic Devo 8S - How to bind to Spektrum RXs
:( Not happy...I followed the manual...downloaded the Nightly Build and the Upgrade Tool. After getting "Upgrade Successful" I turned off my TX, turned it back on while holding the ENT. Nothing. Nothing at all... :(

More
05 Oct 2013 22:19 - 05 Oct 2013 23:14 #14273 by jhawk19
OK. I took out the batteries, ate dinner, plugged everything back in and I was able to load Devo 8 3.0.0 firmware. Looks old. I don't like it. How do I know which is the most updated firmware for my 8S that will allow me to use it with Spektrum receivers?! :unsure:
Last edit: 05 Oct 2013 23:14 by jhawk19.

More
06 Oct 2013 00:12 #14274 by jhawk19
I was able to bind to a Spektrum AR6115e receiver and flew one of my helicopters! Awesome. Ugly software though. Is there anything "prettier" out there? A nice wallpaper, a nice welcome screen, etc..

More
06 Oct 2013 01:23 #14275 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo 8S - How to bind to Spektrum RXs
Nightlies have a startup screen, which you can update with whatever image or animation you want.
There are a few wallpapers scattered around here, otherwise just start tweaking your own BMP to suit. I might get around to uploading my current theme at some stage; I agree that the default is a bit on the ugly side, but it's what's behind that's the focus here. Need other people to work on the front-end look, I haven't quite figured out all of the adjustment points (I think some settings must still be in the dev environment rather than the config.ini)
Check out the Media folder and start tweaking. Note that BMPs need to be saved as R5 G6 B5 or A1 R5 G5 B5 format.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds