How do I add more then 2 modules Internally devo7e

More
10 Feb 2014 20:57 #20098 by Shanman3us
I have looked first and only saw others adding external modules. I hope I didn't miss something...

I have an A7105 on A13 (TMS) and I also have an nRf24L01 on A14 (TCK).

I want to add a CC2500 module internally and switch between the nRf24L01 and the CC2500. I was thinking I would add a 3 position toggle to the radio.

Do I need to only switch the TCK line (have the Tx mainboard connected to the center pole of the 3 position switch) and then just have the 'OFF' (center) position not connecting either module and then when switching up or down connecting the module I want to the TCK?

Can I safely just switch the TCK line? (Tx turned off when switching, of course).

Do I need to disconnect VCC (+) and/or GND when choosing the other module?

I just want to make sure that only the module currently in use is powered up through the Tx so that I'm not wasting Tx battery power.

Thank you in advance...

Shanman3us

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2014 21:03 - 10 Feb 2014 21:04 #20099 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic How do I add more then 2 modules Internally devo7e
you need to have a pullup resistor on both ends of the switch to ensure the 'TCK' line stays high. Or you can wait a bit longer and get my programmable switch.

Note that currently the CC2500 only supports Skyartec, so it isn't as useful as the others yet
Last edit: 10 Feb 2014 21:04 by PhracturedBlue.

More
10 Feb 2014 21:22 #20101 by Shanman3us

PhracturedBlue wrote: you need to have a pullup resistor on both ends of the switch to ensure the 'TCK' line stays high. Or you can wait a bit longer and get my programmable switch.

Note that currently the CC2500 only supports Skyartec, so it isn't as useful as the others yet

Thanks PB.

I'm in no rush whatsoever so I believe I will be waiting for your switch B)

I'm thinking of CC2500 because I have an EyeOne Xtreme and I have been led to believe that the CC2500 module is the one it will use. I'm playing the waiting game but can also just do a Lemon Rx using DSM2 without adding a 3rd module.

Shanman3us

More
10 Feb 2014 21:49 #20102 by cx12
Please let me know when the programmable switch will be ready for release. Definitely want to pick one up for you so that I can add to my devo 8s.

More
12 Sep 2015 05:00 #37670 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic How do I add more then 2 modules Internally devo7e
Hello,I'm new to all of this,I'm basically just trying to install the a7105-500 and nfr24l01 modules right now.Are there any pinout pics of just these 2 with just the stocked walkera module.Does any of these modules share the same solder points?if so how do I mount them on top of each other or some other way.I also wanted to take that little antenna off the A7105 module and mount a sma cable for optional gained antennas.I greatly appreciate any feedback that would start me in the right direction.God bless.

More
12 Sep 2015 18:31 #37694 by mwm
SebyDocky just posted a series of YouTube videos that covered all these things, and more. Check those out.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
30 Sep 2015 00:28 #38242 by grnd flyr

PhracturedBlue wrote: you need to have a pullup resistor on both ends of the switch to ensure the 'TCK' line stays high. Or you can wait a bit longer and get my programmable switch.

Just saw this tread this morning, basically want the same thing: CC2500 (for frsky D4r-II) + A7105 + nRf24L01. Has this idea been shelved, or any details about pullup resistor - size/type?

Don't mean to put you on the spot PhracturedBlue, but as I said, just saw this...

More
30 Sep 2015 04:07 #38256 by mwm
PB seems to be tied up doing other things, but I think the "programmable switch" idea grew into the "universal module". That's a drop-in replacement for the CYRF module in the 6/8/10/12 with all four RF modules on it, that will switch between them and the both the Tx input and the antenna output, so you only need one antenna. Not a drop-in for the 7E, but it should work if you connect it up properly, as people have made the 6/8/10/12 CYRF module work in the 7E.

Also not ready for real world use yet.

However, people have made the multi module work in the 7E. By either not using the PCB for it, and wiring things up directly, or possibly just by squeezing it in. I don't have a 7E, so I'm fuzzy on the details. Your best bet is to try searching the forum here for the 7e and the multi module.

More
30 Sep 2015 11:34 #38274 by grnd flyr
Didn't connect those dots, thought maybe another option was out there that I missed before... thanks mwm.

More
15 Oct 2015 05:20 #38835 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic How do I add more then 2 modules Internally devo7e
Hello,I'm new to all of this,I'm basically just trying to install the a7105-500 and nfr24l01 modules right now.Are there any pinout pics of just these 2 with just the stocked walkera module.Does any of these modules share the same solder points?if so how do I mount them on top of each other or some other way.I also wanted to take that little antenna off the A7105 module and mount a sma cable for optional gained antennas.I greatly appreciate any feedback that would start me in the right direction.God bless.Seby didn't do the combo I'm looking for,he did the ccr and nfr I'm looking for a tutorial with the nfr and the a7105.

More
15 Oct 2015 05:33 #38836 by C0ckpitvue 777
Simple questions deserve simple answers,Seby did not cover what I'm asking.But thanks for the direction.Still need to have an answer to my initial question.

More
15 Oct 2015 09:25 #38842 by mwm
You didn't say which Tx you're trying to install them in, nor did you say whether you were trying to use the multi-module, which is the only case that "mounting them on top of each other" makes sense.

If simple questions deserve simple answers, incomplete ones deserve being ignored.

More
15 Oct 2015 13:38 - 15 Oct 2015 13:51 #38864 by grnd flyr

C0ckpitvue 777 wrote: ...snip - I'm basically just trying to install the a7105-500 and nfr24l01 modules right now.Are there any pinout pics of just these 2 with just the stocked walkera module...snip

To be sure, like mwm said... we can only guess that you're asking for 7E and not another Tx since you asked about this in the "How do I add more then 2 modules Internally devo7e" thread.

AFAIK, if you're using the latest nightlies so that you can add other switches down the road, this is the latest "power saving way":

from: www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...of-gio-pins?start=20

C0ckpitvue 777 wrote: ...snip - I also wanted to take that little antenna off the A7105 module and mount a sma cable for optional gained antennas.I greatly appreciate any feedback that would start me in the right direction... snip

There really isn't alot of room to add a SMA solderable mount, but enough if you persist, and after you locate the part. I've seen them, and look the same as what you end up with on the nfr module, but why? It isn't likely that you'll be swapping out other antennas much... so, why not just a simple coax dipole soldered in to replace the stock tiny "whip"? If you're interested, I'll post pics this weekend when the dipole is done. (waiting on some copper rod to be delivered, hopefully by tomorrow. hopefully... :) ) Also using rg405 for the coax...

EDIT to add...

A couple advantages of making/using a decent dipole instead of going the soldered on SMA mount:

You don't need to add another external antenna mount (porcupine effect), will easily mount inside the Tx.

You'll probably end up with as good of an antenna as you could expect to use at 2.4Ghz flying your (Hubsan?), which is small and hard to see LOS at the outer reaches of its range anyways... maybe you have exceptionally great eyesight? :)
Last edit: 15 Oct 2015 13:51 by grnd flyr.

More
15 Oct 2015 13:48 - 15 Oct 2015 13:49 #38866 by Fernandez
Add more than 2 modules to a devo7e , to me means basically add 3 modules to your devo 7e, cc2500, nrf and a7105, basically you need multimod pcb.
I would also be interested in a simple way to do it with an arduino or a mechanical switch etc, i do not like to put the multimod with attiny and custom pcb.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2015 13:49 by Fernandez.

More
15 Oct 2015 14:20 #38867 by C0ckpitvue 777
Lol,I like to have out of sight range for 1,I also want too always feel in control for 2 and it just makes the 7e look more attractive and technical to spectators,lol.I already did the switch mod and all 3 modules will have the sma.The nfr24l01 is prob the only 1 that benefits from it being it has bigger quad protocols.btw appreciate the info you provided it was very informal and cut str8 to the chase of my ?.One more thing,while doing the mod to the switches I split the metal name plate trying to get through it with a screwdriver,just wondering if devo sell these labeled decals separate.thanks in advance.God bless.

More
16 Oct 2015 02:11 #38892 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thank you for the feedback,just wondering is this the latest pinout for these 2 modules and what version of deviation or nightly builds are they compatible with,also is this the pinout that preserves the battery fro te constant battery drain from the a7105 amp,any help will be greatly appreciated.

More
16 Oct 2015 07:52 #38906 by mwm
All the PCB does is connect everything up properly. You can do without it, and I think at least one person here has done that. The only reason to use an arduino would be that it's coming out of your parts bin.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds