channel assignment

More
29 Oct 2016 05:14 #55495 by suzygs1000
channel assignment was created by suzygs1000
Hi, I am slowly sorting this system out, but one basic protocol still mystifies me. If I start a new model plane in mode 2, then, without doing anything, the basic channels all work perfectly, ie, right vertical stick controls elevator, right horizontal controls aileron, left vertical controls throttle, and left horizontal controls rudder. If I have a look at the simple mixing, it shows that channel 1, ele, has input ele, and so on. What confused me is if I go into ch 1 complex mixing, and add aileron to the mix, the program actually adds ele to ch 2,ail. Ch 1 ele does not alter. This is confirmed by channel monitor, which shows ch 1 only moving ch 1, but ch 2 moving both ch 1 and ch 2. Why is this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2016 12:07 #55502 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic channel assignment
Plane mode, right?

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve in the final.

Why are you adding aileron stick on a complex mix on CH1 elevator?

Are you trying to create a delta?
There are some templates which shows you what order you have to apply and how to use Replace and Add muxers.

Thomas

More
29 Oct 2016 13:03 #55504 by suzygs1000
Replied by suzygs1000 on topic channel assignment
Exactly, Thomas, not really a delta as such, but a jet which has the ailerons linked physically to the elevator. Yes, I am in plane mode. I can set this up ok, but I like to understand why I am doing things .... and I can't for the life of me figure out why, if I already have CH1 assigned to ELE, and I add AIL to it, then CH2 ends up controlling both aileron and elevator, but CH1 still only controls the elevator. Using templates gets me flying ok, but I still like to know what I am doing ... Dave.

More
29 Oct 2016 17:56 #55505 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic channel assignment
Can you describe what you want to achieve.
AIL and ELEV stick inputs
expected channel movements alone or together up and down
What should AIL stick be doing? What elevator movement?

Sorry I do not fly Jets. Not sure about others in the community.
What Jet is it? Can you give a link? Picture?

You could read the Walkera F210 patreon thread from Mwm what all he needed to do some blind programming.

You also could upload your not working model.ini - maybe it is just the wrong SRC selection within a complex mixer; happens from time to time.

More
30 Oct 2016 23:34 #55535 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic channel assignment
Hi Dave
Which Devo system are you using; B&W button nav or colour touch nav? (10/7E vs 6/8/12)? Which release?
Which template exactly are you using?

I'm not sure if it's a software issue or perhaps your methodology, as so ar I haven't been able to emulate what you've described. But it could be a case of being too familiar with the interface and being blinded to how someone who's unfamiliar would navigate. Do you add a second mixer, navigate to page 2, then add the source? Even if you didn't do this and replaced the source on channel one, I'm not seeing any way that can affect channel 2, so I'm a bit stumped. I don't suppose you could chuck up a quick video?

I do fly planes, but I'm not familiar with a setup that has "ailerons linked physically to the elevator"; seems you aren't just talking about elevons, with a software mix, but something that's doing physical mixing as well? I'm probably searching for the wrong terms but I couldn't find an example of such a setup.
If it is just elevons, eg. for an F15 (aka. "tailerons"), then there's a few examples around her, otherwise I can give some pointers and/or share some of my inis.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds