Jumper T8SG USB on Liftoff & Real Drone Simulator

More
04 Apr 2018 14:10 - 05 Apr 2018 06:54 #68503 by Blufires
If you've tried it, you may have seen that the Jumper T8SG works fine when connected as a USB HID device on Phoenix RC and some other sims, but does not work correctly on Liftoff or Real Drone Simulator. The reason for this is that the sims it works on use Windows' HID system which can be calibrated from Control Panel. The calibration data is taken into account and the computer receives axes at values from -100 to 100. Regular gamepads like an Xbox 360 controller give values of 0 to 255. Liftoff and RDS require the 0-255 values and they ignore Windows calibration data. When they get a negative value it overflows and is read as a very large positive value instead. It makes one half of each axis work normally, but the other half works like an on/off switch and in the wrong direction.

Here's an easy workaround so your TX will work on all simulators by giving only positive numbers to the computer. Unfortunately windows can only accept numbers up to +127 or down to -127, so our range will be 0-127. 63 becomes the centre point of each axis and the resolution is lower than -100 to 100. This will look strange in Windows until calibrated, and also in the simulators which do not support Windows' calibration (you must calibrate again in each of these sims).

All you need to do is enter the mixer on the TX, then select the mixer button on each channel (labelled "simple" by default). Scroll down to "scale" and set to -63 (negative 63). Scroll to "offset" and set to 63 (positive 63). Repeat for all channels with the problem, then reverse any channels which are the wrong direction.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2018 06:54 by Blufires.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2018 23:39 #68591 by Blade81
Im on liftoff with my jumper i dont remember having to do that. Juz calibrate the stick using ingame calibration

More
21 Sep 2018 19:51 #71005 by ÖZTÜRK
Did you guys use anything but usb cable to connect your T8sg to Pheonix R/c ?

If not then could you explain how did you do it pls ?

I can easily use my T8sg with realflight Sim but somehow can't use it with pheonic R/C 5.5

More
22 Feb 2019 20:12 #72971 by spacecase
The USB on the top Windows 10 recognises as a "game pad controller" and should show up in Device manager. You should be able to see axis chart and move sticks around and see it.

HOW DO YOU USE REALFLIGHT WITH A T8SG V2 ???

More
24 Feb 2019 03:24 #72997 by Blufires
Realflight uses a USB dongle as DRM, like old Autocad software used to. The dongle is also a 3.5mm ppm cable to USB controller adapter. So you need to get one of these dongles (included with the software, but they sell clones on Banggood in case you lost yours) and connect your Jumper to it with a 3.5mm aux cable. AFAIK there's no way to use the built-in USB port with Realflight.

More
18 Jan 2021 08:30 #77185 by damien59
FYI, just bought realflight 9.5 from steam ($99), and after following advice found in the forums here managed to get it to work just fine via a normal usb cable... no dongle , no using an audio cable, no vJoy drivers. Tried on drone racing league simulator, works fine also. was a little tricky to initially connect, but found the protocol USBHID then had to replace the default USB driver that was assigned to it on my windows 10 PC with a slightly different one... now when i connect and turn on, i see the controller under devices and printers (push windows +r then type in control printers).

If you follow the Liftoff-Windows-10-Reinstall-Remote-USB-Driver_0.pdf , it should get you going... in my case, for step 9, i had to uninstall device, then restart, then it started working.....

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Hope this helps a bit. I spent most of yesterday figuring this out and reading forums.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds