Blade 180 QX

More
06 Jan 2014 04:50 #18042 by henkerhaus
Blade 180 QX was created by henkerhaus
Has anyone created a config file for the Blade 180 QX quad? I was thinking about getting one, but would like to know if someone has a good working model.ini config file already available. One that enables flight mode switching via a three position switch, as well as camera activation via a two way switch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2014 06:26 #18048 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic Blade 180 QX
I have one for a modded 7e with 3 position switch. All working well, also the switch from picture to video mode. Will post later on today when I not have a mobile on hand only.

More
06 Jan 2014 18:13 #18088 by kreidler
Simple files attached.

Devo7e file is for a 3sw mod Tx.
Devo10 file will work for Devo8 also.

No Expo or DR on the main functions. Please add yourself if needed.
Camera is on HOLD for Devo7e and on GEAR for Devo10 (channel 6)
Flight modes are FMOD0, FMOD1 and FMOD2 (channel 5)

The small servo connector cable between camera and mainboard must be connected correctly. For signal on one side PWM is marked and on the other connector the sign for signal. There is no description in the manual for this cable how to connect.

The LP6DSM RTF Tx do have a momentary for camera. You have to use the desired switch (trim) in same manner: Just a short ON/OFF for a picture or starting a video. Or put it to ON for app. 4 seconds and you can switch between vid and pic mode. Will be confirmed by a flashing LED on the camera. Indoor quality of the camera is IMHO poor.
Attachments:

More
06 Jan 2014 23:16 #18113 by henkerhaus
Replied by henkerhaus on topic Blade 180 QX
Thanks! I would be using it on a Devo 8s, so I'll have a look at the Devo 10 version.

More
19 Jan 2014 16:34 #18692 by Timecop67
Replied by Timecop67 on topic Blade 180 QX
How would one go about setting up dual rates in the stability mode for this model?

More
21 Jan 2014 15:56 #18841 by kreidler
I would not recommend to do any further decrease of the soft settings. Please increase the expo setting as a first step to get the handling smoother.

More
23 Jan 2014 05:53 #18972 by Timecop67
I was actually thinking about increasing the rates for outside winds. But I only have experience on WL toys v949s as this model has many rates. The Blade model 180qx is made differently with the safe technology and having higher rates may not benefit.....I don't know without knowing how it is engineered.

More
23 Jan 2014 21:25 #19007 by kreidler
Please check the manual of the quad.
Three flight modes are preprogrammed in the 180QX:
1. stability mode with low flight angles
2. stability mode with high flight angles
3. agility mode :P

More
24 Jan 2014 05:54 - 24 Jan 2014 05:55 #19014 by henkerhaus
I got a new 180 QX a couple weeks ago, and have been flying it with my Devo 8s, using Deviation 4.0.1, and a modified version of Kreidler's Devo10 model.ini file. (Thanks!)

I have only flown it indoors, on Stability mode 1 (low flight angles) so far (the frigid, arctic like weather outside has prohibited any outdoor flying).

I can say that it is VERY stable in that mode, which was designed for doing the aerial photography.

I haven't had a chance to see how well it will handle any wind outside, but I can say that at only 99 grams (3.5 oz) all up flight weight (with camera and flight battery), it wouldn't probably take much to blow it around or carry it away.

The camera leaves a lot to be desired though. Although it's great that you can switch camera modes (video to still photos and back), and start / stop video or take snapshots while in flight, the image quality is pretty poor. Definitely NOT "High Def" as advertised. Still images are only 0.9 megapixel, not the 1.3 claimed (i.e. 720 x 1280 = 921,600 pixels). Although video is 720 x 1280 resolution, it is only 30 fps, not the normal 60 fps associated with 720p. The images are very grainy and not sharply focused (Indoor lighting). The camera would probably do a little better outside, in brighter light. This is an area where I wished Horizon had NOT cheaped out. Then again, if you want better video / image quality, they would rather that you buy a 350 QX instead. ;)
Last edit: 24 Jan 2014 05:55 by henkerhaus. Reason: fixed typo

More
25 Jan 2014 15:27 #19085 by Timecop67
I don't have this 180qx model Kreidler...only a modified WL toys v949 with a V212 board installed in it. Don't have any interest in agility either ...my only interests are dual rates for the stability mode. Is there a tutorial for setting up the dual rates on this model with deviation? Would like to get a 180qx next and will wait for the next updated offering from Horizon in the 300 class.

More
25 Jan 2014 16:14 #19087 by Timecop67
I have heard that Blades implementation of Safe technology is different than the angle rates set by WL toys in their models. Yes I can wing it....trying to program in dual rates for stability based on the user manual but wanted to hear from others who have already done it.

More
26 Jan 2014 14:54 #19155 by Timecop67
I was able to change rates on the FO switch for my Nano QX model which may be similar to the 180qx. So next question: What setting or settings actually push the model into agility mode? Noticed the model.ini file uses virtual channels.

More
26 Jan 2014 20:22 #19213 by kreidler
TimeCop, you are mixing two different models. I do not have a Nano QX and I assume you are using this deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/2646-blade-nano-qx ini file.

First of all the text from Tom seems to be a bit incorrect because the Nano do not have 3 flight modes as per manual there are only 2 modes available: Stability and Agility.
Regarding virtuals:
- Virt1 is a safety switch related to throttle switched by RUD DR.
- Virt2 and Virt3 build a three-position toggle for the flight mode.

Just check out the channel montior and see what happens on channel 6. It is some kind of a momentary when you are operating the FMOD switch. Stability like for the 180 is blue LED and agitilty is red LED on the model.
But any further questions regarding the Nano QX please ask in the other thread.

More
26 Jan 2014 21:46 #19232 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Blade 180 QX
There is some confusion here. I don't have a model for the Blade 180 QX. I do have a model I upgraded to v4 and made a custom GUI for the Blade Nano QX which is a model made by fabien for the Devo 8 with Deviation v3.0.

The Blade 180 QX and Blade Nano QX are two different model quads.

kreidler, 3 flight modes I am referring to on the Blade Nano QX model I modified are these.

FMOD0: stability mode
FMOD1: Agility mode/ 70% dual rate
FMOD2: Agility mode/ 100% dual rate

More
27 Jan 2014 02:16 #19252 by Timecop67
Thanks for the replies. On my Nano QX using the RTF controller there is a high and low rate in stability mode. I was just trying to replicate this on my Devo 10. Using two model.ini I can just set up a low rate and a high rate by switching to that model file....or skip agility mode and program in a few other rates for stability on the other switches. I have quite a bit to learn about this great software and wish there were more tutorials on the advanced mixer and flight curves.

More
27 Jan 2014 20:08 #19293 by kreidler

Tom Z wrote: kreidler, 3 flight modes I am referring to on the Blade Nano QX model I modified are these.
FMOD0: stability mode
FMOD1: Agility mode/ 70% dual rate
FMOD2: Agility mode/ 100% dual rate

Thanks Tom, I also do not have a Nano QX only an mQX but I did the setup for the 180 QX as above for a collegue. You might add it to your config thread. Yesterday I only had a rough look on the ini file and was wondering about the this virtual switching for the flight mode and missed the DR settings. Hopefully explained it more or less correctly. :)

More
27 Jan 2014 22:40 - 28 Jan 2014 00:57 #19295 by Tom Z
Your welcome. What version firmware did you make the models in?

Edit: I modified your Devo 10 model and posted it in a separate thread.
Feel free to post your models and description in my thread. For now I put a link to your post.

Blade 180 QX HD

deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/2696-blade-180-qx-hd
Last edit: 28 Jan 2014 00:57 by Tom Z.

More
29 Jan 2014 17:29 #19385 by kreidler
Tom, thanks for adding Battery and TxPower to the b/w screen. Model was done for one of the latest nighlies before 4.0.
I have not had the chance to upgrade the modded 7e Tx to 4.0.1 yet. When done, I will use your ini for the new SWA and SWB switches.

More
29 Jan 2014 18:08 #19388 by Tom Z
Your welcome.

Can you confirm or correct if needed your models firmware versions?

Devo7e file is for a 3sw mod Tx. Model made in v3 firmware.
Devo10 file will work for Devo8 also. Model made in v4.0.1 firmware.

More
16 Mar 2014 06:59 #21583 by henkerhaus
I am running the attached model config file for my Blade 18QX on my Devo 8s (Deviation v4.0.1, 2014-03-14 nightly). i created this file from the Devo 10 file kreidler provided earlier.

The file generally works OK, but there are a couple issues that I was wondering if anyone has an idea on how to resolve.

The first issue has to do with switching between flight modes. With the model perfectly trimmed in FMode 0 (i.e. flying stationary in place), when I switch from FMode 0 to FMode 1, the model suddenly assumes a slightly forward pitched attitude, and starts moving forward. if I then either switch back to FMode 0, or up to FMode 2, it resumes the previous perfectly trimmed condition (i.e. flying stationary in place). I have looked at both the mixer setup screen and the channel monitor. Switching between flight modes causes no change in the channel 3 (ELE) output value, yet the model clearly changes static pitch attitude for some reason in the high rate stable mode (FMode 1). Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

The second issue I believe may just be due to the way the model was set up. The Flight mode switching is controlled by the 3 position Flight Mode switch, but it shows up in the mixer screen as being on channel 5-Gear. However, the Gear switch is used to switch between camera modes on Ch6 (still or video, via a long activation), or to either take a snapshot (camera mode) or start/stop recording (video mode), via a short activation). While it all works OK, it seems a bit confusing / wrong to be set up this way.

Could someone tell me how I would need to change the mixer setup, so the Flight mode switch shows up on the Flight mode channel, and the Gear switch shows up on the Gear channel? I tried changing the number of channels from 6 to 8, in order to display the FMode channel, but it appears that only channels 1-5 (in DSM protocol?) are assigned function names (THR, AIL, ELE, RUD, GEAR). Channels 6, 7, and 8 are just labeled as Ch6, Ch7, and Ch8 (no MIX or FMODE).

Is the best I could do in this case, to clean it up a little, would be to just switch channels 5 and 6, so channel 5-GEAR is the Gear switch for the camera, and Ch6 is the FMode switch?

File Attachment:

File Name: model3.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds