Tweak model.ini for RCL Xtreme

More
14 Mar 2014 02:17 #21533 by EArHog
Tweak model.ini for RCL Xtreme was created by EArHog
I am using the RC Loggers OneLink module piggybacked on my 7E (via training port) to fly the RCL Xtreme brushless quad. I followed the instructions for setting it up, and that went routinely. The setup includes a “Learning” routine where I start with a fresh blank airplane template and then operate each input in sequence, and “learning” happens. After that procedure, the model file is altered.

The model.ini settings that resulted from that “Learning” routine is functional. I expect and hope that it can be improved. The issue for me is that the model.ini that was set up by the procedure appears in a complex way that is beyond my limited comprehension. That is, I have no grasp of Mux and Replace and Mixers and Pages and Linked… oh my.

Because my 7E has only 2-position switches, I have two flight modes on “channel 5” – HOLD 0 is “Sport” mode (accelerometers) and HOLD 1 is “Expert” (gyros only). I’m not terribly concerned about “Sport” mode. More important to me, I would like “Expert” mode to have expo and rate settings that are straightforward enough in the Mixer menu for me to manage. I can dial expo and rates up and/or down to find settings for ail, ele, and rudder I’m comfortable with.

Would someone take a look at this model.ini file and make a suggestion, or give me some guidance as to how it might be improved? Nothing you see in the model file is intentional… on my part, that is. It just turned out that way.

File Attachment:

File Name: model23Keep.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2014 08:49 #21537 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic Tweak model.ini for RCL Xtreme
So:
Ch1 = ELE
Ch2 = AIL
Ch3 = THR
CH4 = RUD

CH5 = change between “Sport” mode (accelerometers) and “Expert” (gyros only)
for which you use HOLD switch to change between.
I personally would prefer FMODE switch for this task.
But:
CH6 is assigned to FMODE switch. What is this doing?

To learn more about Mixers etc. have a look at the tutorials. Even if they don't seem to match your Model and TX, you may find interesting hints.
deviationtx.com/forum/how-to

More
15 Mar 2014 02:08 #21554 by EArHog
Replied by EArHog on topic Tweak model.ini for RCL Xtreme

linux-user wrote: So:
Ch1 = ELE
Ch2 = AIL
Ch3 = THR
CH4 = RUD

CH5 = change between “Sport” mode (accelerometers) and “Expert” (gyros only)
for which you use HOLD switch to change between.
I personally would prefer FMODE switch for this task.
But:
CH6 is assigned to FMODE switch. What is this doing?

To learn more about Mixers etc. have a look at the tutorials. Even if they don't seem to match your Model and TX, you may find interesting hints.
deviationtx.com/forum/how-to

The FMOD switch gives me "normal flight" or Altitude Hold. The feature I gave up due to the 2-position switch was auto-flipping. Don't think I have much use for Altitude Hold either, but it's there for when I figure out what it's good for.

Thanks for the tip to look at tutorials. I love tutorials. :)

More
15 Mar 2014 16:10 - 17 Mar 2014 22:34 #21566 by EArHog
Replied by EArHog on topic Tweak model.ini for RCL Xtreme
Hey, I figured it out! Yea!!

After saving a copy, of course, in case I messed it all up, I changed Ele and Ail to Simple, the curve to expo, and the rate to 100. Bam!

Rudder and throttle are 1-to-1.

I don't have dual rates, and don't much care about "Sport" mode (a.k.a. 6-axis). I will continue to twiddle with the expo values.

I know that sounds stupid and elementary to those who have a full grasp of this technology. I just got started recently, and it's a slow process of trial/error/discovery. That's why I have such appreciation for all your assistance. Thanks!! :)

I wonder if something happens if I change the Scale on Ele and Ail to greater than 100.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2014 22:34 by EArHog.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds