450 Basic Setup Please!!!! DEVO 7E

More
21 Jun 2015 17:27 #34466 by voipboy
450 Basic Setup Please!!!! DEVO 7E was created by voipboy
Hi All

Newbie so play nice!

I have a 450 TREX Clone which I have been building and attemoting to set up for a while. It uses a Spektrum TX so I flashed my DEVO 7E so it would work.

Now my problem is that nothing in the menu makes much sense to me now so I really want someone to just give me a heads up of a basic setup to get this bird safely in the sky.

Please please help me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2015 21:06 - 21 Jun 2015 21:25 #34475 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic 450 Basic Setup Please!!!! DEVO 7E
Hi,

7E and 450? 7mw output power.
That may not be the best idea without a hf diode module solder job.

Is it FBL or paddle?

You may want to test out the Simple GUI first.
Will get you started and you can change to advanced but have all the settings from the simple gui.
Simple is much like a DX8 Airware menu IMHO.
Just for a start I mean.

What Spektrum TX do you own?
What do you think about the DeviationTX manual? Is it understandable for you? Advanced GUI menu points may get you a little bit confused first if you never had programming a mixer on a DX8 before.

Have you over-read on a DX8 manual too?

I cant remeber what all Wikis and manuals I read in 2012 and 2013 for helis and TX. I was actively posting on forums and reading. A dealer helped me on the DX8 and paddle heli first. But didnt explain. I believe I would have not gotten the heli into air first without personal help.
2nd after crash I rebuilt and programmed on my own.

Hard to tell where to start...its important to know what specific questions you have :) Much easier.

Blade 450 3d and Walkera heli manuals are not too bad too.
They do contain some basic infos.

But please do know heli setup is more than just entering some weird values into the TX. Its the mechanical setup which counts too.
The heli vibration and tail setup as well paddle trimming stuff really got on my nerves too. Its good to be able to fly CP when you have to do it, trust me.

Would you mind telling us a little bit more about your background and how we can help you.

If you have to start by Zero personal or telephone meetings may be the better way for pushing forward.
Any people or clubs in your near distance?

Thomas
Last edit: 21 Jun 2015 21:25 by Thomas.Heiss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds