E-Flite UMX HABU S DF180 Config DEVO10

More
16 Aug 2015 23:25 - 16 Aug 2015 23:28 #36956 by Jasenk
It took me a while to set this one up. Ch5 / Gear is Flight Mode and Ch6 is Panic Mode. I have this for a DEVO 10 and I use ELEV D/R for Sticky Throttle Hold. I use RUDD D/R for Panic mode. FMOD switch for Flight Modes of course. I have added Aileron to Rudder mixing with AUX4 knob as a Aileron to Rudder mix Gain. If the AUX4 is -100, then there is no Rudder mixed with the Ailerons. If the AUX4 is at +100, then there is maximum Rudder mixed with Aileron input. I'm running 50% and it seems good, but I'm a novice so I don't know if I can give reliable feedback on that.

-Jasen
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Aug 2015 23:28 by Jasenk. Reason: Typo's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2015 22:25 #40300 by Jasen
Replied by Jasen on topic E-Flite UMX HABU S DF180 Config DEVO10
Thanks for the file, my habu flew sweet using your setting.

More
02 Dec 2015 02:06 #40545 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic E-Flite UMX HABU S DF180 Config DEVO10
Your welcome,

I'm glad it helped someone out. I've been using rudder mixing on everything I have but I'm not sure if all my plane need rudder mixed with ailerons or not. I put the aux pot adjustability to be able to adjust the amount of mixing I want in flight. Funny thing is I haven't done any adjustments yet because I'm too busy trying not to crash. does anyone have any rule of thumb on rudder mixing? What needs it a lot and what may not need it at all? My transmitter programming skills are way above my flying skills.

On a side Note. My first name is Jasen "with an E" Is that the same for you? It's not everyday I run into someone that spells it the same as I do. Thanks mom and dad!

-Jasen

More
23 Jan 2016 00:31 #42100 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic E-Flite UMX HABU S DF180 Config DEVO10
Yes I used it today and it was great! Thanks for your hard work.

Can you explain the rudder mixing - this is my first jet. I am used to turning with rudders and using aileron in the opposite direction to maintain altitude/stay level. However it seems that banked turns using aileron/elevator to turn and rudder to stay level work better with jets and I am not sure which way/when the mixing is kicking in. I tried it off and then 50% and wasn't exactly sure what it was doing. I stayed on intermediate mode almost the whole time (never tried agility or whatever you call it).

Thanks again,

Chris

More
23 Jan 2016 18:38 #42137 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic E-Flite UMX HABU S DF180 Config DEVO10
To my understanding from what I've read, not enough experiences, you want tail mixing to coordinate the aileron turns. For aircraft with wide wings is where this may matter the most. When you do left aileron the right wing needs to go up and the left wing goes down. Due to gravity the left wing drops easy and the right wing does not rise easily. Due to the extra drag on the wing that is going up it causes the nose to point the opposite direction. So left aileron to bank left but the aircraft nose drags to the right. In a rudder only turn you would push the rudder out to bring the nose in the direction you want. An aileron turn does the opposite with the nose. Therefore you would need to coordinate the aileron left bank with some left rudder as well to cancel out the tendency of the nose to drag right..

The mixer with the Aux pot allows you to tune in the exact amount you would like. If you are flying a short wing jet you may not need as much or any tail mix. If you are flying a B17 Bomber, for example,you may want a lot of tail mix to help keep it flatter and more scale like. Depending on the throws of the aileron and rudder (if 1 to 1) you can get zero to 1 to 1 mix of the rudder. If you move the aileron stick left then there will be some left rudder. You can ground test this by turning the pot to -100 (0%) and move aileron stick, rudder should not move. Then turn to +100(100%), the rudder should move 1 to 1 with the ailerons. You still have additional rudder control if needed on top of the mix. With the pot at 0(50%) move aileron stick left or right to the stop. Then, while holding aileron, move the rudder stick left and right. You will see the rudder move left and right with a bias / offset of the aileron input (not centered). There is a limit to rudder like any other control that if your scale, throw or limits are -100 to +100 and you have 50% aileron and then add 100% rudder you won't get +150(150%) the rudder will only travel to it's preprogramed limit of +100(100%)

I hope this explains things, in theory anyway.

-Jasen

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds