new to Devo 10, need help loading config files

More
06 Jan 2016 12:21 - 06 Jan 2016 12:23 #41433 by macnoodle
So... I feel like a complete doofus here, but for the life of me I can't seem to be able to load a model config to my Devo 10. I took delivery of the radio today, uploaded Deviation and managed to set up my first DSMX model (a Blade Inductrix). I even managed to set up a timer that works. Not sure if it's set up right, but it works.

What I haven't managed to do is figure out how to change into Agility Mode, so I thought I'd just import an .ini file that already has everything set up correctly. Simple, right? You'd think so, but even though I drag the file into the correct directory on my Devo 10 (in USB mode), and it shows up in the list on my computer, the file does not show up in the list on the transmitter. And I cannot load a model that is not in the list! So what am I doing wrong? ???
Last edit: 06 Jan 2016 12:23 by macnoodle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2016 13:25 #41436 by FDR
In order to recognize model files should be named modelXX.ini, so you need to rename the downloaded file, and overwrite one on the TX.

More
06 Jan 2016 13:45 #41437 by macnoodle
Replied by macnoodle on topic new to Devo 10, need help loading config files
D'oh! It just goes to show you - I was at this too long today! I mean, it's so clear now - if the radio memory is full of empty model configs, all I have to do is rename the file *exactly like one of those empty model configs, and voila! It works!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)

More
06 Jan 2016 14:47 #41439 by Sute

FDR wrote: In order to recognize model files should be named modelXX.ini, so you need to rename the downloaded file, and overwrite one on the TX.

Is this renaming taking place within "models" file or where?

More
06 Jan 2016 14:53 #41440 by macnoodle
Replied by macnoodle on topic new to Devo 10, need help loading config files
The mistake I made was that I *added another file to the transmitter. Didn't even occur to me that with all the empty configs in there the radio was already full, or that it will only recognise the model names that it was programmed for. As soon as I renamed the new file *exactly the same as one of the model names in the transmitter's "models" directory, and replaced the original file, the model magically appeared! :)

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds