Quad Copter generic...?

More
16 Feb 2016 17:11 #43185 by theaddler
Quad Copter generic...? was created by theaddler
So I've been getting pretty good with the deviation software. Have worked with fmod switches, rates expo's elevons... But I get a quad today and have no idea what happens with controls to fly the quad.... Is there a somewhat generic or base config that's good to look at as a start? Like how you are setting up ail to work? Or is it something that is dependent on flight controller and might not be just generic across platforms..

Thanks for any guidance

Addler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2016 17:22 #43186 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic Quad Copter generic...?
Is there no manual for your quad?

A day without flying can't be called a day.

More
17 Feb 2016 00:30 #43193 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Quad Copter generic...?
About the only thing a generic multirotor template would have is a 4 channel control. Which the 4 channel airplane template also has. Most multis have some kind of flight mode channel, but which channel it is and what exactly it does varies from craft to craft, so it's hard to put into a template. And beyond that things just get worse.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
17 Feb 2016 00:54 #43195 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Quad Copter generic...?
There seems to be three or four major quad flight controllers other than what is used in the smaller rtf designs. So we need to know if you're using APM (or Pixhawk), NAZA, CC3D, DJI, or some other FC. I've seen configurations for most of these in the threads here.

The first four channels are pretty much dependent on your RX, and include throttle, roll, pitch and yaw. After that you've got one channel for flight modes. Channels after that can be variable depending on the build. Get the first four channels set up (channel order first, then normal or reverse -- test with the blades off, ask me how I know...). Then configure the flight mode values on channel 5 (usually), and you're off.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
17 Feb 2016 04:36 #43196 by theaddler
Replied by theaddler on topic Quad Copter generic...?
Manuel?! Surely you jest! I got this:
www.banggood.com/Eachine-Falcon-250-FPV-...a-BNF-p-1028897.html

Looks pretty good, I opened it about 1 minute ago. Not a single sheet of paper with it :) does have a battery and charger though for $170. We'll see if its any good, but for the price I thought I'd give it a shot. I've been doing FPV mostly with homebuilt wings (Depron stuff) and thought I'd try a 250 size quad for fun.

It has a CC3D flight controller so I will take a look for that as a base for setup. (thanks Deal57)

More
17 Feb 2016 13:54 #43201 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Quad Copter generic...?
I strongly advise flash your CC3D, with Betaflight of Boris B firmware.
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2464844
Betaflight can be configured using the standaard cleanflight Configurator.

And you quad will fly really tight and responsive!!

Works fine using Deviation instead, no need for any curves etc, just standard profile and make settings in the Flight controller.
channel1-4 set the ranges to 125%, is required !! channel 5-8 for switches set them to 50% ranges, to avoid PPM overload on some receivers such as Frsky.

More
17 Feb 2016 15:11 - 17 Feb 2016 15:32 #43204 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Quad Copter generic...?
It is doubtful that this flightsoftware is the right choice for a beginner.
It will need much reading, almost everyday or you will lose the thread. Changes are done only with small notice in the topic, because that is a flight testing group of cleanflight. The software is always Beta and they assume, that there is almost a basic, or better an improvede knowledge of the technik and what you are doing.
I would start with with cleanfight, because there is much more a chance to get an answer on a newbie question.
...m2c
Edit:
Beside this, not all features which will show you up on the configurator. are supported.
The code is somewhat shrinked, for some features you must compile it at home.
That means you need the newest github code and a compiler installation

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 17 Feb 2016 15:32 by aMax. Reason: ..typos...

More
18 Feb 2016 01:15 #43219 by theaddler
Well thanks for both of those comments. I am a computer geek and r/c geek but at this am also a beginer. So I do appreciete thinking of not overwhelming me with to much. As wonderful as diviation is, its enough to learn by itself without everything else (also working on OSD) anyway, I have a cc3d board and put openpilot on it for now. Seems to be a decent starting point for me. All has gone well until I got to calibration. All 4 channels worked great, but it does not see my fmod switch. Any thoughts on this...? Do I actually need to set something for it in the ini?

More
18 Feb 2016 01:55 #43221 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Quad Copter generic...?
I searched on "Cleanflight" and found an ini for a Devo 10 you may find helpful. If you've got a 7e you may want to search a bit further.

A brief explanation of the in is here.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
18 Feb 2016 02:06 #43222 by theaddler
I'm an idiot how did I never mention my controller...? It is an 8s. thanks for the link, I will look at it now.

More
18 Feb 2016 03:44 #43227 by theaddler
Oh to come so close. So everything seems to be working great, when plugged into the computer and testing, but when I plug it in to fly I get no power to the receiver. So close, yet so far.. At least I'm learning lots on the way. If it worked to easy I wouldn't know anything down the road ;P

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds