Master CP - Swash plate problem

More
14 Mar 2016 08:52 - 14 Mar 2016 10:57 #44549 by kubus
Master CP - Swash plate problem was created by kubus
Hello,
please excuse my bad English. I’m from Germany and there might be some mistakes in the post below.

My problem:
Last weekend I flashed my Devo 10 with the deviationtx software. Then I loaded 3 settings for the Walkera Master CP (Ultra Beginner / Beginner / Standard) which are available in the Model-Config Thread.
Before I switched to deviation I used the original devention firmware and the standard Master CP file from Walkera.
With these settings the helicopter was perfectly trimmed and was absolutely stable at hovering.
The swash plate was perfectly leveled.

But with each of the 3 deviationtx files the helicopter isn’t trimmed/set up at all.
The swash isn’t leveled at all and the servo arms don’t have the same position after binding as they had with the devention firmware.

Question:
Is this normal? Did you have to set up your swash plate, too when you switched from devention to deviationtx?
If not, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance!
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 10:57 by kubus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2016 10:55 - 14 Mar 2016 11:15 #44554 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Master CP - Swash plate problem

kubus wrote: With these settings the helicopter was perfectly trimmed and was absolutely stable at hovering.
The swash plate was perfectly leveled.

But with each of the 3 deviationtx files the helicopter isn’t trimmed/set up at all.
The swash isn’t leveled at all and the servo arms don’t have the same position after binding as they had with the devention firmware.

Question:
Is this normal? Did you have to set up your swash plate, too when you switched from devention to deviationtx?
If not, what am I doing wrong?

I am not sure if there might be any small nuances in a different servo neutral µs pulse signal between Walkera stock and DeviationTX?
I am also not aware that you can change any mid servo impulses on DeviationTX.

MasterCP = FBL

Well, you are NOT allowed to use subtrim for servo arms (90 degree) or swashplate.
One thing you can do for H1/1Servo/None CCPM settings is to use subtrim on pitch channel (only!!!) to fine-tune for 0-degree zero pitch and mid stick - especially if the FBL does not support it by itself (same works on NanoCPX, MCPX, etc.).
You can then use Servo travel adjust / Scale +- on pitch channel to set max/min pitch travel.

AFAIK neither the V120D02s nor the MasterCP FBL receivers have support for swash leveling or servo arm 90 degree orientation.
So you all have to do it mechanically.

On a FBL system you are also not allowed to use the trim switches (around sticks) for cyclic.
Only allowed for flybar / paddle helis.
Usually better FBL systems support swashplate trimming (cyclic nick / roll).

So I suggest you change servo horns and swashplate mechnically to be level / 90 degree.
You can try German forums RCLineforum.de or RC-Heli.de for details on how to do this. There might also be a view DeviationTX pilots active.

Let's hear a bit more from the MasterCP pilots or DeviationTX protocol developers...
Sorry, I do not have the MasterCP or the Walkera V120 FBL.

Thomas
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 11:15 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
14 Mar 2016 11:34 #44555 by kubus
Replied by kubus on topic Master CP - Swash plate problem
Thanks, Thomas!

I just wonder why all of the 3 files (Ultra Beginner / Beginner / Standard) have different positions of the servo arms after binding.
So I would have to do a mechanical set up each time I choose another model!?

Is there something like a “calibrate mode” within the software for the helicopter?

More
14 Mar 2016 12:30 #44559 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Master CP - Swash plate problem
Just checked manual. You can only set the "center pulse width" (Center PW) on PPM protocol, not Devo or DSMx protocols.

Check your channel monitor: ENT / 2 Transmitter menu / 2 channel monitor

Stick calibration: ENT / 2 Transmitter menu / 1 Transmitter config / Generic setting / Sticks (3rd) CALIBRATE button

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds