Any text or Names of model.ini files allowed?

More
09 May 2016 14:55 - 09 May 2016 14:58 #48118 by Fernandez
would be nice feature to allow any name or txt for the model.ini files, it would make it much more easy intuitive to store and sort recognize model files.

Just the tx only to look at the nr 01,02,03,04 first 2 digits of model name must be a nr, followed by any txt label of choice.
Last edit: 09 May 2016 14:58 by Fernandez.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2016 16:38 #48120 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Any text or Names of model.ini files allowed?
this is a limitation of the filesystem. The filesystem we use doesn't allow creating new files on the transmitter. This means that all model files need to be pre-created. It is possible we'll someday support user-created filenames (modified on the PC). The major roadblock for this would be sorting models on the load/save page.

• Rolf
  • Devo 6s, Jumper T8SG v2+ carbon
More
09 May 2016 21:18 #48136 by Rolf
Hey,
is it possible to introduce comments into txt-files to make the files more easily to read?
F.e. lines starting with a special string will not be interpreted or the rest of the line after this string is ignored.
This could enhance e.g. segmenting the txt-files and facilitating their reading.

Walkera Devo 6s, 7e and 10, Jumper T8SG v2+ lcd, Brain 2, Spektrum satellites and SPM4649T

More
10 May 2016 00:39 #48142 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Any text or Names of model.ini files allowed?
That is quite difficult as it requires somehow preserving them as well as their location when updating the file.

More
10 May 2016 06:27 #48149 by FDR
Richard stated, that it is already possible to add comments, but I couldn't find the appropriate commit:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...odel-ini-files#42012

More
10 May 2016 06:50 #48152 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Any text or Names of model.ini files allowed?
For me it is more to quick and easy find a particular ini file for a model made some time ago, now I have to open multiple files and check them.
Also it is confusing as some model14, might at somepoint have some changes and by making you could end up using the older model14, with some faulty settings.
Also my name model14, is not your name model14 and when exchanging files fi on the forum, you may end up with many model14, for many different models....

If would have got name something like, "14_100516_Super_CP.ini" than "model14.ini". Model ID, date last save changes, label. Would make life more easy.

But as is more of a wish, was not aware of difficulty....

• Rolf
  • Devo 6s, Jumper T8SG v2+ carbon
More
10 May 2016 09:43 - 10 May 2016 12:34 #48158 by Rolf
To PB: After a bit thinking I agree. It should not be part of the radio-software but a function on files on a pc.

Nevertheless: The radio-sw could be enabled to ignore comments, could make a copy of the original file under a new name on the first comment's incidence and overwrite the model-file in case of an update.
This would at least not distract people from writing appropriate pc-software.

Walkera Devo 6s, 7e and 10, Jumper T8SG v2+ lcd, Brain 2, Spektrum satellites and SPM4649T
Last edit: 10 May 2016 12:34 by Rolf.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds