GPS Telemetry Via PPM on OrangeRx

More
27 Aug 2016 23:34 #53175 by thearne3
GPS Telemetry Via PPM on OrangeRx was created by thearne3
I am trying to get GPS telemetry from a GPS module hooked to a Nano N32+ FC, which is connected to the PPM/Bind port of an Orangerx R820x v2.

My Tx is a Devo 6e. Assuming the OrangeRx is passing the GPS data along, how do I access it? My Tx on DSMX has all GPS data in Red. I am only seeing Rx V.

Hope there's a simple solution! :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2016 12:41 - 28 Aug 2016 12:43 #53194 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic GPS Telemetry Via PPM on OrangeRx
The OrangeRx Rx20X series of receivers don't do GPS telemetry, sorry...

DSMx protocol telemetey does include gps data for use with a Spektrum TM1000 but orange doesn't do it. How would you get the gps data into the orange anyway? It doesn't have a way to accept serial data from a FC nor a stand-alone GPS module direct to it. Orange telemetey is very limited...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 28 Aug 2016 12:43 by Cereal_Killer.

More
28 Aug 2016 20:06 #53217 by thearne3
Replied by thearne3 on topic GPS Telemetry Via PPM on OrangeRx
Hobby king indicated that the V2 Orange could pass through telemetry data from the PPM connection with an FC... This is a typical part of a quad with altitude and gps capabilities: the FC collects and passes the data to the RX (typically a sat).

I'm just trying to understand what needs to be configured in the OrangeRx or Devo Tx in order to do it.

When using at TM1000, is there any modification or setting needed in Deviation in order to see more than just RxV, Holds, etc?

More
28 Aug 2016 20:24 #53218 by Cereal_Killer
I'm sorry but that's not correct... ppm is a one way timing based (not serial) protocol. I use to use the orange rx r820x v2 receivers and unfortunately what you bspeak of is just not possible. Yes they do have telemetey but it's only flight pack & rx voltages, current and temp (with compatible sensors).

More
29 Aug 2016 13:08 #53233 by thearne3
Replied by thearne3 on topic GPS Telemetry Via PPM on OrangeRx
Ok. I get it! Thanks for your help. So if you have a TM1000 with GPS sensor, is there any change needed on the Tx or do the telemetry data slots just turn 'on' for the additional readings?

More
29 Aug 2016 14:00 #53238 by Cereal_Killer
When using the TM1000 you just need to hook the spektrum gps module to it (it still doesn't accept data from your flight controller) but once that data is included devo will display it, no need to "activate" it on the tx end.

If you're interested in telemetey data parsed from your flight controller showing up in devo you're ONLY OPTION is FrSky using a CC2500 module.

Cleanflight "speaks" frsky telemetry so you hook a serial output from cleanflight to the "Smart Port" on the FrSky receiver and cleanflight sends serial data to it with all your telemetry info (altitude, voltages, attitude AND GPS) then comes back to the transmitter! I'm running my first gps enabled model on cleanflight and enjoying the gps location and ground speed shown on the tx (thoigh devo doesn't have ground speed just yet, that's only on my taranis. We can hope though!...)

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds