Devo 8s to f210, inductrix, spektrum based plane

More
11 Oct 2016 21:35 - 11 Oct 2016 23:16 #54835 by jr128128
Very very new. Have picked up flying quickly. My technical skills need mucho mucho improvement.

I want to fly a f210 walkera quad, inductix (in acro), and spektrum based planes (simple crasher for combat flying)

I want to know a few things before i jump off the devo cliff. My club isnt a huge fan but the online community seems to love it. I am leaning towards the devo 8s.

If you can answer great. If you can point me to the answer id appreciate it as well.

F210
1. Will this still have horizon, angle, and acro modes? Or will deviation have an ini that will allow this to happen?
2. Will the telemetry function?

Inductrix
1. Is there an ini that could support the inductrix?
2. Ini that can support acro mode on an iductrix?
3. An ini that would allow for a horizon, angle, acro switch? (My club gym flys in the winter and this would be spectacular for it)
Last edit: 11 Oct 2016 23:16 by jr128128.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2016 10:32 #54877 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 8s to f210, inductrix, spektrum based plane
Hello,

welcome.

Model config Inductrix for Devo8s: www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...nductrix-for-devo-8s

Or do you mean Inductrix FPV 200?

F210:
Model request Mwm patreon: www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-requests...10-model-ini-request
F210 general discussion: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...lkera-f210-model-ini

I still could not get my hands on a F210 / F210 3D. Dealer sold it to an acquaintance, who I random meet recently. Hope I can test his model with the Devo10 some day ;)

Aren't there multiple versions of the F210, like APM, F3, CC3D, etc.? So like the Furious 320 they will support different modes.
Check the online manual for this special version you are going to buy for available flight-modes and mixer / switch values.

I am not using Walkera telemetry, sorry.
If the F210 already sends back telemetry and may have connected voltage sensors you will be able to show the data on the telemetry monitor.

As the forum search functionality and search result display is so much limited the best way to search on wiki or forum configs is to use "site:deviationtx.com F210 / Inductrix / ..." on a search engine.

Having to (only) rely on existing model.ini's is IMHO the wrong concept.
What is your (technical) background? Do you do any programming or are you into IT?
Are you absolutely sure that you can handle an open / free mixer programming - just like Deviation (and OpenTX) firmwares do?

Devos are not Spektrum transmitters with some fency Airware klickibunti GUI (standard menus)! Different concept!

If not anyone in your club can help you with Deviation, you would be on your own (for programming) or having to rely on the community and existing models. Does not always work, especially with those more expensive Walkera models like F210/Furious320, etc.

Personally I am in love with DeviationTX and Devo10 is the successor to Spektrum DX8G1 :-)

Thomas

More
14 Oct 2016 02:32 #54904 by jr128128
Firstly I wanted to thank you for getting back to me on the very beginning of my rc adventure!

It all started with me seeing a friend flying a DJI Phantom 4. That looked cool at first. Then I thought it would be too easy and be way too sterile for me. So I bought an inductrix and have not been able to stop flying it (that is now a tiny whoop that is on 5.8ghz and linked to goggle 4 the cats hate it. the dog wants some). I then bought an f210 with devo7 (:/ i didnt know any better on the devo 7 transmitter). This kit included the Walkera goggle 4. I like it very much even though people are saying its not very good.But what do i know. I started flying 6 weeks ago. The battery in the goggle 4 doesn't last long. So I purchased a 2s 5000mah battery and a xt60 to usb 5.0v cell phone adapter with voltage display that runs it for hours and hours! A little Velcro to hold the 2s 5000mah to the old battery housing and I can burn all 8 batteries on the f210 with out thinking about charging.

Sooooo... I am now on hold waiting for a vtx that I broke in an altercation with some asphalt.... But hey! 6 weeks of flying and I can navigate trees and laundry lines without destroying the quad totally. I haven't gotten off mode 2 (angle mode I think?) I am stocking up on parts as acro (rate) is going to start sooner than later.

So in comes the AMA club in WI. Great place to fly. Lots of space and only a few power lines to deal with as far as interference goes.They all fly Taranis and are all very capable pilots and builders. Some planes some drones.The plane guys are Spektrum and the drone guys are the Taranis. They however do not like Devo / Walkera. They say its junk. Im not so sure on that and none of them have ever owned a Walkera anything. I am totally impressed with the toughness of the f210. Its taken its lumps well. A few broken props, a broken vtx, and a cracked landing foot so far is all the damage from a few serious crashes.

My back ground is coming from racing motorcycles. I know what thrashing something means and drones get thrashed! Really really thrashed. I am a tool and die maker by trade. I can make most anything. I do all of our 30V 1A DC die protection systems at work. I know the technical aspect of building, soldering, reading / creating prints, etc. I however am not a programmer of computers. I think this will be a fun not work related hobby that I can waste lots of time on.

I have gone and downloaded deviation for the devo 8s (I am buying one when this email is over) firmware, emulator, bootloader, and dfuse tool. I am going to learn this. I am sure this will be difficult but i am a pretty persistent person. I hope the deviationtx community will not mind me asking what will I sure be interpreted as remedial level questions. I do promise to search before i ask!

Thanks again for the reply. I look forward to the challenge ahead!

More
17 Oct 2016 06:52 #55029 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 8s to f210, inductrix, spektrum based plane
For sure it will be a deep learning curve :)

You got to have fun reading manuals, do some testing yourself, trying to step into basic programming...Graupner pilots are no different having to read several hundreds of pages...neither will be OpenTX.

Bring some patience with you :)

I come from a different direction with lots of computer / programming background and had to intensively play with Spektrum DX8G1 Airware programmable mixers before.

Best is to start with models which are already available and well tested and do not require servo/mixer setting tweaking like flybar helis.

Personally I would probably have choosen the Taranis, especially if local people can help / explain you free mixer programming. Hard to do that over internet to start from zero...IMHO it will be easier with local people.

Here in the EU it is all about declaration of conformity anyways. Visiting local clubs means having to be accepted by the flight planer, showing insurance, etc. This also probably includes the TX and firmware, flying offical protocols and stuff.
So it might depend where you are going to fly.

BTW:
My menu down button is corrupted on Devo10.
For Spektrum I would have sent the TX to HH support.
For China Walkera it might get fun soldering my own replacable button board stuff, failing or having re-programming some parts of the GUI stuff...
Not sure what the costs are Devo8s vs Devo10 vs Taranis.

More
28 Oct 2016 01:43 #55465 by jr128128
Deviation installed. Super easy!

Also.... havent seen this online. INDUCTRIX..... Channel 6 is horizon / acro. Set a switch and full on acro on my whoop! BLUE=HORIZON. RED=ACRO. Also bound on dsmx with 7 channels. No issue. Fail safe set and working. Built from airplane template.

More
04 Nov 2016 23:36 #55696 by jr128128
I can now roll and flip! This is Sssssoooooo much fun! Idk why it took me 33yrs to find rc flying.

Rate is actually easier than horizon once you get the hang of it.

3mo in and i cant believe the fun and mind clearing experience this is. Im addicted....

Ps.... building the foamy combat plane with the rx208 that came with the devo 8s. Plane built. Servos in. Elevator, ailerons, hinges, and control wires/shafts installed. motor comes next week! To be continued..... or crash in my future. Any advice for the maiden flight?

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds