WL Toys - V911

More
13 Sep 2012 00:53 - 13 Sep 2012 01:15 #1567 by rototophe
WL Toys - V911 was created by rototophe
Attached is a config file for the WL Toys V911 along with an icon for the model.

Note that you need to complete the Flysky Hardware Mod in order to be able to use the Flysky protocol and bind to the V911. The document containing the details on how to complete the mod is available in the download section.

This config uses Fixed ID (1111) to bind to the model as I find it easier to bind using the "Bind" button in the GUI. Feel free to edit the config (in a text editor or directly in the GUI before turning on the model) if you do not want to use fixed ID.

Three flight modes are available and assigned to the FMODE switch.

Base settings are as follow:

AIL: [Reversed] - Min/Max [-100;100] - Scale [100] - Subtrim [-10,00]
ELE: [Reversed] - Min/Max [-100;100] - Scale [100] - Subtrim [-00,00]
THR: [Normal] - Min/Max [-100;100] - Scale [100] - Subtrim [-00,00]
RUD: [Reversed] - Min/Max [-100;100] - Scale [65] Subtrim [-5,-1]

Subtrim on AIL and RUD to counterbalance the birth defects of the model.
Scale reduced to 65 on RUD to counteract piro effect and still leave plenty rudder action.

Flight Modes are as follow:

Switch flight modes using the FMODE switch.

FMODE0=Low RatesCurveExpo RateScale
AILEXPO+1555
ELEEXPO+1555
THR1-to-1N/A100
RUDEXPO-670

FMODE1=Med RatesCurveExpo RateScale
AILEXPO+1570
ELEEXPO+1570
THR1-to-1N/A100
RUDEXPO-1183

FMODE2=High RatesCurveExpo RateScale
AILEXPO+1595
ELEEXPO+1595
THR1-to-1N/A100
RUDEXPO-2295

Notes:
1 - Neg Expo on Rudder for fast response and to reduce stick travel on the TX in order to avoid disrupting Throttle.
2 - Trim steps value have been increased as well - see the TRIM screen once model file is loaded.

Have fun.
Feedback welcome.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 01:15 by rototophe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2012 13:19 #2423 by cestus
Replied by cestus on topic WL Toys - V911
Hello,

it may be a stupid question :p but I'm still trying to understand the possibilities.

Can I use this as a template for the v939?

Best regards,
Cestus

More
22 Feb 2013 12:00 - 23 Feb 2013 12:04 #6788 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic WL Toys - V911
Are you serious? Every thing seems wright but Something is wrong with this settinngs.
They are too personal. And with out TH!!! The first time I have injured a v911

Edit
Sorry
Last edit: 23 Feb 2013 12:04 by Mullson.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
22 Feb 2013 12:07 - 22 Feb 2013 12:09 #6789 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic WL Toys - V911

Mullson wrote: Are you serious? ... how shitty yor v911 settings are?...

Mullson,
this is not the way we communicate here. Please stay kind. And keep in mind that not everybody here is a native english speaker, but we all do the best we can, even if our configs may have a potential for further enhancements...

There is no reason to blame someone else. You used another config without checking it? You crashed your heli because of this? Maybe you neglected the necessary precautions? A 911 is not that big toy and can hardly hurt someone, but some attention and responsibility is a must. I am sure you would if it has been a T-Rex 800 worth a month of hard work.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2013 12:09 by rbe2012.

More
22 Feb 2013 12:10 #6790 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic WL Toys - V911
Thanks RBE, was about to jump in here as well.

More
25 Feb 2013 21:11 - 25 Feb 2013 21:12 #7054 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic WL Toys - V911

Mullson wrote: Are you serious? Every thing seems wright but Something is wrong with this settinngs.
They are too personal. And with out TH!!! The first time I have injured a v911

Edit
Sorry

Taking in account what has been said already as far as checking if the config fits your needs before you fly,I still have a couple remarks:
  1. It is a config for a fixed pitch helicopter. Why do you need throttle hold? When things are starting to go south pull the throttle stick all the way down as you would with ANY fixed pitch helicopter TX out there.
  2. However, if you think that TH is absolutely necessary in this config in order for people to avoid, like you apparently did, injure your helicopter then where is your contribution to help make things better? Uploading an updated config including TH to share with everyone here would have been a constructive way to approach the issue. Don't you think? Instead I only see complains formulated in a harsh, not to say rude, fashion.

Note: English is not my first language. Yet I believe politeness and respect do not depend on the command of the language, it is merely an attitude that transpires regardless of the extend of the vocabulary you possess.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2013 21:12 by rototophe.

More
08 Sep 2013 06:45 - 03 Nov 2013 04:20 #13646 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic WL Toys - V911
[ I know it's been a while. I've been behind on things for far to long.]

Personally, I think that TH is absolutely critical. It's all about habits/instincts/reactions/whatever. You want you first reaction when the fertilizer hits the main rotor to be the right one! The easiest way to do that is to always make the same thing under those conditions the right thing.

If all you fly are 4-channel 'copters, and don't plan on flying CP, then the habit of killing the throttle is fine. It will always be the right thing.

If you fly a mix of 4-channel and CP 'copters, then killing the throttle doesn't work on the CP 'copters. Forgetting which is which just once will probably damage your copter, and possibly bystanders. Hitting a TH that isn't configured, or lowering the throttle when you're flying CP won't have the desired effect.

If you only fly CP, then you won't ever use this, so don't care.

As to your point #2, I've attached the model config for my Y911. That will work fine on a V911. D/R on AIL DR at 70%. Expo on high rate is 35. These two values give me similar control near the center, without the extra power to get into (or out of) trouble. One countdown timer (reset with RUD DR), one permanent timer.

It has a sticky throttle hold on GEAR.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2013 04:20 by mwm. Reason: Fix silly BBCODES eating text

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
11 Sep 2013 05:07 #13697 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic WL Toys - V911
Throttle hold is a MUST.
Use it when your tx gives it to you, even if you fly only 4-channel-microquads. If you ever increase your abilities and decide to fly cp-helis you will be glad when you are able to flip the th switch without needing to think about.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds