OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer w/DSM2 Comp

More
13 Sep 2013 18:21 #13765 by tengarang
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3158...2_4Ghz_Receiver.html

Good day people. Im using the version 3.0.0 deviation for my 8s. This may seem redundant in a sense, but Id like to know if anyone has tried or could either vouch for the functional paring of the OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer w/DSM2 Compatible 6CH 2.4Ghz Receiver with this new deviation firmware.

I dont want to buy the module and find out it wont work with my radio.

this things got the integrated 3 axis gyro to the receiver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2013 19:28 #13937 by zbowman
I just got my RX3S the other day. I'm putting it on a scratch built wing. So far it pairs just fine. Gyros react and attempt to correct movement as expected. It also has delta mixing built into the rx so you'll want to get rid of any mixing you have going on in your Devo if you plan on using it on a wing.

I am currently trying to get the Gyro On/Off function working on my Devo7e.

Haven't flown it yet but I can vouch that they do bind to deviationtx 3.0. Also keep in mind that you'll need to reassign some channels as this rx is expecting throttle on CH1 and by default it's on CH3 when you switch over to DSM2 for your model setup.

More
20 Sep 2013 19:43 #13938 by zbowman
Actually I just got the gyro on/off figured out.

You have to throw the dip switch on for the 'Aux Ctrl Gyro' on the rx. After that you can go to your mixer and go down to CH6. Set that to Simple. For Src put Fmode 0. Then Curve set to Min/Max. This shows a graph on the right of basically 1 or -1. Now when you're flying to can have the gyro off with FMode 0 or turn it back on with FMode 1.

The only problem I'm still having is that if I turn my TX on then it binds just fine. But after the wing is powered on I'm unable to shut off my TX. If the plane is still on when I turn my TX off then the throttle goes to a 0 value essentially turning the throttle on to 1/2 power.
Attachments:

More
20 Sep 2013 20:58 #13941 by RandMental
You might be able to solve the problem with the failsafe settings;

HOWEVER! it is one of the non-negotiable rules of RC that you ALWAYS turn the model of before turning the TX off.

More
21 Sep 2013 05:15 #13955 by stevecox
Hehehe, bet some of us have some interesting pics/stories there. I got my fingers and inside of my arm cut up once.
If it hasn't happened to you yet, picture trying to bath a rabid cat high on Red Bull!

Adelaide

More
17 Jan 2014 17:25 #18593 by kreidler
I do not like pushing threads but I think some guys will have a similar problem with the OrangeRX with or without the stabilizer.

zbowman wrote: The only problem I'm still having is that if I turn my TX on then it binds just fine. But after the wing is powered on I'm unable to shut off my TX. If the plane is still on when I turn my TX off then the throttle goes to a 0 value essentially turning the throttle on to 1/2 power.

Like some Spektrum ones this RX saves the throttle failsafe value only while binding. For some receivers two options are available but the most common would be to have the throttle stick (or output if mixers apply) at -100. Afterwards start the bind procedure (again). That's all.

More
25 Dec 2015 06:06 #41130 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer w/DSM2 Comp
I bought a used e flite apprentice to teach my son not realizing it was the older version without SAFE stabilization. I use a Devo 10 and was wondering if I could add on a stabilizer. If so lemon rx or orange rx seem like options - which is better/easier to use with deviation? Also does it replace the receiver or is it truly just an add on? I would appreciate any guidance as this is pushing the limits of my abilities.

Chris

More
25 Dec 2015 11:06 #41131 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer w/DSM2 Comp

nwoodschris wrote: Also does it replace the receiver or is it truly just an add on?

Depends on the model; some are add-ons, others (most newer versions) have an integrated receiver.

More
25 Dec 2015 12:25 #41132 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer w/DSM2 Comp
Thanks. That's what it looked like when I was checking the stores but what I really would like to know is:
1. Are they good receivers (the range/brown out issues are concerning when my plane already has a working receiver) and if so which is better - orange or lemon (and if not what about just an add on stabilization module)?

2. Will the stabilization work with my Devo 10 similar to SAFE - self-leveling?

Chris

More
26 Dec 2015 04:58 #41148 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic OrangeRX RX3S 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer w/DSM2 Comp

nwoodschris wrote: 2. Will the stabilization work with my Devo 10 similar to SAFE - self-leveling?

It should all just be in the settings you use; typically one or more channel(s) are a dedicated channel that tells the stabiliser which mode to use, and possibly any adjustments to that setting. As a rough example, a channel output of 1000 (eg. value of a stick fully down, or "-100") could put the stabilser in "self-level" mode, 1500 (mid-stick) could be "acro", 2000 (top stick) could be "off"; so, once you have found out what kind of values your particular stabiliser wants on what channels for what modes, it should be pretty straight-forward to implement that in deviation.
Then there's the likes of the full-on flight controllers, which can do a lot more than just stabilising; GPS waypoints, return-to-home etc., which also need particular values sent across on one or more channels. They are likely a lot more research and configuration, but you can get some realy powerful ones for really cheap; often less than a dedicated "stabiliser"

More
26 Dec 2015 10:47 #41151 by nwoodschris
Thank you. I also couldn't tell if the stabilizer was more like as3x - just to smooth out wind effects or true self leveling. Does anyone know?

However I find the same thing - flight controllers can add self leveling and much more such as gps rth. I was probably going to get this one:Bigaole BGL-6G-AP. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2417656

Do you think it will work for my needs (selectable self leveling and gps rth) and be programmable for deviation (I think it's just a3 position switch)?

Any other flight controller suggestions?

Thanks again,

Chris

More
27 Dec 2015 00:54 #41165 by RoGuE_StreaK
Sorry I haven't actually used one; just picked up an AXN Floater Jet that was fitted with a Crius AIO running Ardupilot, capable of adding a GPS for all of the above, but I've currently stripped it out to run it "normally". Also got a DIY multiwii using a $3 arduino nano and $2 MPU6050 breakout board (gyro/accel), but haven't installed it in anything.
There are a gazillion different FC boards out there now, and sounds like each has their own pros and cons. But if you drop out the GPS requirement then you can easily get powerful stabilisation with a heap of modes for sub $20 if you DIY.

PS. from the link are you in aus?

More
19 Jan 2021 09:41 - 19 Jan 2021 09:41 #77192 by tengarang
Hi Guys,

I owe all of you an apology, been off the grid since 2013 due to complications with life. Back on my feet again which is a miracle. Will start actively participating in discussions. Its not typical of me to not respond to posts especially the ones that i started. WIll spam this message to all the threads i started, and hope you guys understand.

BEst wishes to all stay safe
Tengarang
Last edit: 19 Jan 2021 09:41 by tengarang.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds