Cheerson CX-33S

More
22 Jul 2016 00:29 #51971 by Fer
Cheerson CX-33S was created by Fer
Is there a ready made .ini file for the Cheerson CX-33S? I have read in another thread that it uses the cx-10 blue protocol. I should be relativly easy to programm the basic channels, but i don't know about the other channels like the autotake off and land, or the photo/video thing. I don't think it has any other abilities like 3D, RTH and Headless and such, so autotake off/land and photo/video could be all needed. And rates of course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2016 22:23 - 03 Aug 2016 01:19 #52303 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic Cheerson CX-33S
Ok... so i had to do it my way.

In this .ini file, i have tryed to increase the rates of this otherways excellent Y6. I believe value of channel 5 makes a difference in the way it moves. It gets a lot faster and can fight winds easier when increasing the value of channel 5.

On the FMODE switch i have put three flight modes. FMODE0 is 100% (like it is with the stock tx), FMODE1 is 125% + Channel 5 at 100% and FMODE2 is 125% + Channel 5 at 125% (which i can't say if it realy makes any additional change, but you can check and see yourselves).

Channel 6 MUST STAY INACTIVE. I tryed to play with it and see what it does. I activated it on the floor, and didn't notice anything, but when i activated it while i was flying, the quad dropped from 5 meters high uncontrollably. Maybe has something to do with 3D, but why did the mainboard even peak the signal if it ment something that the Y6 is not supposed to do??? Anyway, i left channel 6 alone.

Video is activated with throttle trim down. Pushing it once more down stops recording and saves the video. Photos are taken with throttle trip up. Don't try to take a photo while you are recording video. All the times i did this, the camera stopped responding at all, and the recorded video was corrupted. Also, allow a few seconds after you stop the video before taking a picture for the same reason. I don't know if these things happen with the stock tx too, i have only flown it a couple of times with it.

That' it... I didn't want any more unpleasant surprises so it didn't even try other channels and see if they do anything. I hope this works for you too.

P.S. Something i forgot to say about the camera. The camera does work (either video or photos) with the button i say above. But most of the times i first have to remove and reinsert the memory card in the camera slot just after the binding. If i don't, then there is a high possibillity that the camera won't start recording. I assume it has nothing to do with the .ini file. It could just be a malfunction that happens to my CX-33S only, but i thought i should better let you know.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Aug 2016 01:19 by Fer.

More
31 Aug 2016 11:40 #53324 by Zedsispeho
Replied by Zedsispeho on topic Cheerson CX-33S
Hi Fer,

First of all, thank you very much for this model.ini, it really helps a lot.
I want to use it on my Devo 7e with nrf24... module but when I read you xml file, I fear that you have a devo controller that is more modded (and different) than mine.

If I want to adapt it I need to ask you a few question (to be sure) and I would be grateful if you could answer them :)

- Your devo controller is mode 2, correct?
( I ask this to figure out if I need to change configuration for trim 5 and 6 from TRIMLV to TRIMRV to match throttle trim as I am using a mode 1 controller)

- You have modded your devo with a 3 position switch for the FMODE swith ?
(this is a mod that I have not performed yet so I still have a 2 position switch)

Thank you again for your great work and help

More
31 Aug 2016 12:15 - 31 Aug 2016 12:16 #53326 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic Cheerson CX-33S
Hello.

Yes my DEVO 10 is mode 2.

DEVO 10 has already got a 3 position switch for FMODE so i didn't have to add anything. If you have a 2 position FMODE switch, then just delete the third page of the GEAR channel mixer (i don't think it adds anything to the flight characteristics anyway). Or replace the 2nd page with the third page. Whatever you preffer.

It is always best when you first try a model to have the propellers removed, not because CX-33S is powerful enough to harm you, but also because the quad may be damaged if something goes wrong.
Remember, to arm the motors, you move the sticks to the bottom outermost possitions (just like the original tx). No need to disarm, they disarm themselves a few seconds after you have landed.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2016 12:16 by Fer.

More
31 Aug 2016 13:32 #53330 by Zedsispeho
Replied by Zedsispeho on topic Cheerson CX-33S
Hi,
Thank you for confirming.
I will do the changes and I will post my ini for Devo 7E as soon as I have tested it.

More
06 Feb 2019 17:59 - 06 Feb 2019 18:01 #72742 by Alf-1234
Replied by Alf-1234 on topic Cheerson CX-33S
Mal eine Frage:

Funktioniert diese ini.Datei auch mit dem Jumper T8SG oder nur mit einem Devo Sender??
Ich habe hier auch einen Cheerson CX - 33 liegen und so meine Probleme.
Binden kann ich den mit Q303 und dann CX10WD. Nur das Fliegen klappt leider nicht so richtig.
Es wäre schön, wenn mir jemand vielleicht helfen könnte.

One question:

Does this ini.Datei also work with the jumper T8SG or only with a devo transmitter ??
I also have a Cheerson CX - 33 and so my problems.
I can bind with the Q303 and then CX10WD. Unfortunately, flying does not work that well.
It would be nice if someone could possibly help me.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 18:01 by Alf-1234.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds