Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire

More
16 Apr 2019 17:05 #73924 by sebrob7
Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire was created by sebrob7
I bought the Jumper T8SG V2 Plus. I have read a lot on that topic but I can't find anything telling me that the Jumper T8SG will soon support Crossfire entirely. I'm a newbie to Deviation and seeing the guys with OpenTX supporting full Crossfire makes me regret my choice jumping in DeviationTX with the T8SG, even if that looks like an awesome radio on paper and the interface of Deviation is pretty cool.

Can you tell me when Crossfire will be completely supported by my T8SG, anyone knows it?

Any advise to run Crossfire on my T8SG right now without using another radio (Taranis) to modify the data in my Crossfire device and bind it to my Crossfire receiver?

Do you know if a new version of DeviationTX will soon be released, since the last one has been made in 2016, which is a millennial ago in that hobby...???

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 18:33 - 16 Apr 2019 18:34 #73927 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Current status is that CRSF protocol for control and telemetry is part of the nightly builds . Support for configuration of Crossfire devices is available in this test build . Configuration has been successfully tested with the full-size Crossfire TX, the Micro TX, and the Nano RX. There's an issue with the diversity receiver that is currently being worked on. If youi'd like to help with testing it would be appreciated.

A hardware mod is required to use CRSF in the T8SG Plus. A couple of users with Micro TX report having to make a second modification. If you have the Micro TX it will be good to get another check on this issue. Details are in the 7E user manual linked on the left, in the CRSF protocol section.

Discussion for CRSF development took place on this thread if you want to see the history. I think here is a better place to continue. Should have a new test build for the diversity receiver issue tomorrow.

The next release has been talked about but no date set. The nightly builds have been very stable and many users have it installed.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 18:34 by hexfet.

More
17 Apr 2019 01:30 - 17 Apr 2019 02:47 #73952 by hexfet
Nowhere, the test build ( c4cd85f ) is updated. Found a bug in the test code, so this should get us back to debugging the original issue. Please try configuring the diversity receiver. If the tx doesn't shutdown, please post the numbers on the top line of the screen. Otherwise a video :) Wait about 10 seconds or so after selecting the diversity receiver before pressing any buttons.

Do you have any equipment for capturing serial data - FTDI or logic analyzer? Would like to get a capture of the diversity receiver parameters.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2019 02:47 by hexfet.

More
17 Apr 2019 17:10 - 17 Apr 2019 17:15 #73962 by Nowhere
Replied by Nowhere on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Everything works in this build. Numbers is: 2401 47 2 9. In the video I went to each menu item.
Now I dont have an FTDI analyzer, but I can get it in the next few days if it helps in development. I will be glad to help in further development! (write PM me about it) Many thanks for the build with support Diversity Nano RX !

Link to video
Last edit: 17 Apr 2019 17:15 by Nowhere.

More
17 Apr 2019 18:42 - 18 Apr 2019 20:19 #73964 by hexfet
Great! Thanks for testing.

The numbers explain the issue. In the test build the maximum for the first two values is 2200 and 45. I'll submit a PR to accommodate the diversity receiver.

To make an FTDI capture the trainer port is used. The data rate and format is 400000, n, 8, 1. Use a program like RealTerm to capture data from when the CRSF device is selected until the parameters finish loading. Save the data to a file and upload. I will send you a pm.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2019 20:19 by hexfet.

More
18 Apr 2019 03:58 #73981 by hexfet
Please try the test build (d106d57) here . This does not have the debugging code, and is up-to-date with the nightly build.

More
18 Apr 2019 07:51 #73985 by Nowhere
Replied by Nowhere on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
I tested the build with my configuration (micro tx, diversity nano rx) everything works.

More
18 Apr 2019 17:46 #73997 by sebrob7
Replied by sebrob7 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Thank you so much! :)

More
28 May 2019 02:41 - 28 May 2019 02:42 #74405 by skullq
Replied by skullq on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
I'm new to Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and need help to use TBS crossfire module.

My problem is external module didn't power up (no led signal on crossfire module) for crossfire micro TX and big crossfire TX.

listing up what i did
1. upgraded the latest nightly build firmware
2. I could see crsf menu on model menu
3. Did modification (jump 1st and last pin and cut 1st pin as accordingly)

When I changed internal module on model menu, I could see green light which means internal module is working properly.
Plz let me know what I'm missing in hardware.ini or anything related to crossfire?
Last edit: 28 May 2019 02:42 by skullq.

More
28 May 2019 02:59 #74406 by hexfet
The T8SG V2 Plus always applies power to the JR module bay. So no matter what protocol is selected the Crossfire TX module will always be powered on. For the full size TX the LED "ring" should be illuminated and the LCD screen active. If you don't see this behavior check the power and ground connections on the JR connector.

More
28 May 2019 03:09 - 28 May 2019 03:10 #74408 by skullq

hexfet wrote: The T8SG V2 Plus always applies power to the JR module bay. So no matter what protocol is selected the Crossfire TX module will always be powered on. For the full size TX the LED "ring" should be illuminated and the LCD screen active. If you don't see this behavior check the power and ground connections on the JR connector.

Really appreciate your prompt reply!
I checked both external modules with frsky qx7 tx and powered on as expected. Can you tell me +/- pin number on external bay? I will do test now.
Last edit: 28 May 2019 03:10 by skullq.

More
28 May 2019 05:12 - 28 May 2019 05:13 #74409 by skullq

skullq wrote:

hexfet wrote: The T8SG V2 Plus always applies power to the JR module bay. So no matter what protocol is selected the Crossfire TX module will always be powered on. For the full size TX the LED "ring" should be illuminated and the LCD screen active. If you don't see this behavior check the power and ground connections on the JR connector.

Really appreciate your prompt reply!
I checked both external modules with frsky qx7 tx and powered on as expected. Can you tell me +/- pin number on external bay? I will do test now.

Answer my question and some info about this version of t8sg v2 plus.
Pin out diagram
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...tion?start=700#68564

Crossfire TX input voltage is 3.2v and t8sg v2 plus applies regulated 5v on external module bay regardless of module insertion. So my problem is really unexpected behavior. Still I'm wondering that is it same or different version?

What i bought?
www.banggood.com/Jumper-T8SG-V2_0-Plus-C...481&cur_warehouse=CN

It's special version of t8sg v2 plus because it has built-in voice wihtout any modification.
Features:
* Built in four-in-1 RF Module (CC2500 CYRF6936 A7105 NRF2401).
* Open source multi-protocol firmware, compatible with most mainstream remote controls
* Non-contact 3D space vector Hall remote sensing Gimbals (T8SG Plus Only).
* T8SG Plus 2.42 inch OLED display, Bright display works even in direct sunlight.
* JR/FrSKY compatible module bay on rear side.
* USB online firmware upgrade.
* Transmission power adjustable to adapt to different location requirements.
* Detachable antenna, easy to change.
* Ultra-low power consumption, longer battery life.
* Up to 12 channels of output (depending on the receiver), Open Source Firmware, all channels are fully programmable.
* Wide voltage input (2s lipo recommended).
* Multilingual menu.
* Vibration reminder function.
* Support telemetry (depending on the receiver).
* Carry Case included.
* Updated Case design with 18650 Battery Tray.
* Built in Voice support. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (Seller's commnet on this)

Q: Has the radio a speaker? It speak?
A : Yes the speaker and the audio module are pre-installed, but you need an sd card and a set of voice files to make the function works.
Last edit: 28 May 2019 05:13 by skullq.

More
28 May 2019 06:50 #74410 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire

Would it be possible to add some hardware, f.i. put the 4 CSN lines in a CMOS "AND" with a mosfet to switch the power? Basically if all CSN line low, than external module will be powered?

More
28 May 2019 08:30 #74413 by skullq

Fernandez wrote:

Would it be possible to add some hardware, f.i. put the 4 CSN lines in a CMOS "AND" with a mosfet to switch the power? Basically if all CSN line low, than external module will be powered?

I'm not familiare with h/w related term lol
If you can explain how to make it i will test tonight once I back home.

Really thanks for you help again!

More
28 May 2019 15:40 #74414 by hexfet

skullq wrote: Crossfire TX input voltage is 3.2v and t8sg v2 plus applies regulated 5v on external module bay regardless of module insertion. So my problem is really unexpected behavior. Still I'm wondering that is it same or different version?

I think the Carbon is the same as V2 Plus internally, but with a speaker and voice module pre-installed. Can you measure the voltage on the JR bay power and ground pins? What battery are you using to power the tx?

More
28 May 2019 15:41 #74415 by hexfet

Fernandez wrote: Would it be possible to add some hardware, f.i. put the 4 CSN lines in a CMOS "AND" with a mosfet to switch the power? Basically if all CSN line low, than external module will be powered?

It's probably possible, but would require breaking some connections on the T8 PCB.

More
28 May 2019 17:22 #74416 by skullq

hexfet wrote:

skullq wrote: Crossfire TX input voltage is 3.2v and t8sg v2 plus applies regulated 5v on external module bay regardless of module insertion. So my problem is really unexpected behavior. Still I'm wondering that is it same or different version?

I think the Carbon is the same as V2 Plus internally, but with a speaker and voice module pre-installed. Can you measure the voltage on the JR bay power and ground pins? What battery are you using to power the tx?

The voltage on the JR bay is 7.9V and I'm using 2* 18650 as a power.
I also swapped 18650 to 2s lipo but nothing illuminating.

More
29 May 2019 00:24 #74419 by hexfet
That's the same voltage as on mine with a 2S lipo. Normally that would indicate a bad connection somewhere between the pin and the module power power supply, but that seems unlikely on two TX modules. Can you measure the voltage when the module is plugged in? Maybe a bad solder joint or active component has the voltage looking good with no load, but won't pass enough current to run the module. About out of ideas...

More
29 May 2019 04:22 #74422 by skullq

hexfet wrote: That's the same voltage as on mine with a 2S lipo. Normally that would indicate a bad connection somewhere between the pin and the module power power supply, but that seems unlikely on two TX modules. Can you measure the voltage when the module is plugged in? Maybe a bad solder joint or active component has the voltage looking good with no load, but won't pass enough current to run the module. About out of ideas...

Agree with you.
To prove your though i will make connection with jumper cable between crossfire and tx.
I will take a PCB photo so Does it helpful for your understanding?

More
29 May 2019 12:04 #74424 by hexfet
A pic might help spot a PCB issue. I have this tx so can compare.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds