Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

• belrik
14 Jan 2022 12:18
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Category: Protocol Development

mooiweertje wrote: I saw some commits come by on github showing clearance of a buffer. Is this the buffer causing the 500hz long name issue?

Check the last post, it is indeed the problem. I checked with the dev who wrote the menu code and OpenTX can tolerate stick updates mid-way through the device-info page data, seems DeviationTX is not able to read that buffer when the same thing happens.
  • mooiweertje
14 Jan 2022 12:11
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

I saw some commits come by on github showing clearance of a buffer. Is this the buffer causing the 500hz long name issue?
  • belrik
13 Jan 2022 22:15 - 14 Jan 2022 01:23

expressLRS

hexfet wrote: Thanks for all the testing. Looks like progress :) Apologies for the confusion on the test build. A new build is available ( 8c7d9f7 ). The behavior is same as previous but a simpler implementation.

To recap, two bugs have been fixed so far:
- Names longer than 15 characters are properly truncated to 15.
- Handling of device info messages that have parameter count of zero.

The zero param count seems to be unique to ELRS. it's not in my (old) CRSF spec nor does Crossfire TX behave that way. But it does look like the Crossfire.lua opentx script would handle it, so maybe ELRS reverse-engineered CRSF configuration from there. To help clarify things:
- Can you confirm you use the ELRS file "elrsv2.lua" on opentx to configure ELRS?
- Can you successfully use the Crossfire.lua opentx script to configure the ELRS module?
- On Deviation with 250Hz packet rate does clicking on the module name bring up a screen of configuration parameters?

Not sure what to make of the problem when packet rate is 500Hz. Need to think of something to test.

- elrsv2.lua is the current elrs OpenTX configuration script, designed to mimic the crossfire lua behaviour. I worked with the Dev to test this prior to V2, it was my hope that this would suit other radios such as deviationTX better than a one-off configuration script specific to eLRS. This script is used by all eLRS users on the current release.
- yes, both the original crossfire script and the more recent "TBS agent lite" lua scripts work with the eLRS TX modules.
- yes, on 250hz it works as expected. I asked and apparently at 500hz there's not enough time to send the entire >14 character device name before another stick update, so the transfer of device name is interrupted by a stick update on OpenTX (device info cannot be chunked unlike other crsf types). On OpenTX this brief pause doesn't break the transfer and the buffer can still be read, whereas on deviationTX the same behaviour appears to clear the buffer.
  • hexfet
13 Jan 2022 20:08
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

LOL didn't notice the doubled commit number. It's 8c7d9f7c.

I don't expect the next test build to have a fix, but I'll probably put something up soon with some debug code to check some things. Fine to wait for that. Appreciate the testing.
  • mooiweertje
13 Jan 2022 19:29

expressLRS

Can I wait for a fix for 500hz to continue testing or do you want me to test 8c7d9f78c7d9f7?
  • hexfet
13 Jan 2022 19:16 - 13 Jan 2022 19:56
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Thanks for all the testing. Looks like progress :) Apologies for the confusion on the test build. A new build is available ( 8c7d9f7 ). The behavior is same as previous but a simpler implementation.

To recap, two bugs have been fixed so far:
- Names longer than 15 characters are properly truncated to 15.
- Handling of device info messages that have parameter count of zero.

The zero param count seems to be unique to ELRS. it's not in my (old) CRSF spec nor does Crossfire TX behave that way. But it does look like the Crossfire.lua opentx script would handle it, so maybe ELRS reverse-engineered CRSF configuration from there. To help clarify things:
- Can you confirm you use the ELRS file "elrsv2.lua" on opentx to configure ELRS?
- Can you successfully use the Crossfire.lua opentx script to configure the ELRS module?
- On Deviation with 250Hz packet rate does clicking on the module name bring up a screen of configuration parameters?

Not sure what to make of the problem when packet rate is 500Hz. Need to think of something to test.
  • mooiweertje
13 Jan 2022 15:36

expressLRS

My menu disappears when I set packet rate to 500. I set it to 250 yesterday evening which is what accidentally solved the problem.
So it seems that the menu only shows when the device name is shorter than 15 or when longer and the packetrate is below 500.
  • belrik
13 Jan 2022 15:35 - 13 Jan 2022 15:39

expressLRS

mooiweertje wrote: My menu disappears when I set packet rate to 500. I set it to 250 yesterday evening which is what accidentally solved the problem.
So it seems that a packetrate of 500 only works when the device name is shorter than 15 characters.

Progress! Yes, I have packetrate set to 500Hz all the time.

At 250Hz it's working!
  • belrik
13 Jan 2022 14:14 - 13 Jan 2022 14:30

expressLRS

Does the fixed ID or # channels make any difference? Mine are set to default. - 8 channels (upped to 16 just now) and 123456. Nothing else special I can see about this model entry.
name=CRSF
mixermode=Advanced
type=multi
[radio]
protocol=CRSF
num_channels=16
fixed_id=123456
tx_power=

[channel1]
reverse=1
template=simple
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch1

[channel2]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch2

[channel3]
scalar-=100
template=simple
[mixer]
src=THR
dest=Ch3

[channel4]
reverse=1
template=simple
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4

[channel5]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=SW H1
dest=Ch5
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=SW H1
dest=Ch5
switch=SW H1
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=SW H1
dest=Ch5
switch=SW H0
curvetype=fixed

[channel6]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
switch=SW B1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
switch=SW B0
curvetype=fixed

[channel7]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch7
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch7
switch=SW G1
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch7
switch=SW G0
curvetype=fixed

[channel8]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch8
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch8
switch=SW D1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch8
switch=SW D0
curvetype=fixed

[channel9]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch9
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch9
switch=SW C1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch9
switch=SW C0
curvetype=fixed

[channel10]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch10
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch10
switch=SW A1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch10
switch=SW A0
curvetype=fixed

[channel11]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=Virt1
dest=Ch11
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=Virt1
dest=Ch11
switch=Virt1
curvetype=fixed

[channel12]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=Virt2
dest=Ch12
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=Virt2
dest=Ch12
switch=Virt2
curvetype=fixed

[channel13]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=Virt3
dest=Ch13
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=Virt3
dest=Ch13
switch=Virt3
curvetype=fixed

[channel14]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=Virt4
dest=Ch14
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=Virt4
dest=Ch14
switch=Virt4
curvetype=fixed

[trim1]
src=Virt1
pos=TRIMLV+
neg=TRIMLV-
step=194
[trim2]
src=Virt2
pos=TRIMRV+
neg=TRIMRV-
step=194
[trim3]
src=Virt3
pos=TRIMLH+
neg=TRIMLH-
step=194
[trim4]
src=Virt4
pos=TRIMRH+
neg=TRIMRH-
step=194
[timer2]
type=countdown
time=10
[datalog]
switch=None
rate=1 sec
[safety]
Auto=min
[gui-128x64]
V-trim=59,10,1
H-trim=5,59,3
V-trim=65,10,2
H-trim=74,59,4
Small-box=2,22,tx Quality
Small-box=2,31,rx Quality
Small-box=2,40,Power
Model=75,20
Battery=102,1
Toggle=4,10,0,3,0,None
Toggle=13,10,0,5,0,None
Toggle=22,10,0,4,0,None
Toggle=31,10,0,0,0,None
Toggle=40,10,0,0,0,None
TxPower=102,7
Small-box=2,12,Volt
quickpage1=Telemetry monitor
[voice]
(binary data)
  • belrik
13 Jan 2022 14:08

expressLRS

mooiweertje wrote: I use tag 2.0.1 on the local build for testing the "BETAFPV 2G4MICRO" name.
Now myself I use the official release 2.0.1. and I have seen no problems so far.
UART inverted has to be off for Deviation.

I checked out 2.0.1 and see the same problem. I am using your build on the T8Sgv2plus. Wish I knew what was different about our setups. I have used "HM ES24TX1234567" for 16 characters and my screen is blank.

Of course I am aware of the DeviationTX settings - I have openTX sync disabled and UART inverted disabled. With the shorter name it works fine on DeviationTX.
  • mooiweertje
13 Jan 2022 13:50

expressLRS

I use tag 2.0.1 on the local build for testing the "BETAFPV 2G4MICRO" name.
Now myself I use the official release 2.0.1. and I have seen no problems so far.
UART inverted has to be off for Deviation.
  • belrik
13 Jan 2022 13:47 - 13 Jan 2022 13:50

expressLRS

I took the HM ES24TX and flashed it for DeviationTX. On 2.0.1 it works fine. I moved to master branch and changed the DEVICE_NAME to "HM ES24TX1234567890" and the entry on devices page is now blank. I changed the name back to "HM ES24TX" and the entry on CRSF Devices page appears again.

I am flashing the DFU file from these DeviationTX builds and I can see the new version string on boot - could I be missing something else?
  • belrik
13 Jan 2022 13:13 - 13 Jan 2022 13:14

expressLRS

mooiweertje wrote: I've tested "BETAFPV 2G4MICRO" in my local ELRS build and what shows up in the menu is one digit shorter "BETAFPV 2G4MICR" using 99811b4.
Suggesting the problem with the BETAFPV 2G4MICRO is not the name length or you are not using the 1.3.3 ExpressLRS configurator which is only 4 days old.

Sorry if I am in fact being an idiot - I am checking everything carefully on my side and the error is still there. If I build the eLRS BETAFPV 2400 TX Micro firmware either using 2.0.1, or the master branch (which I use to enable the module's joystick and screen) then I get no entry on the DEVICE page.
I have flashed the DeviationTX 99811b4 and d0ca763 builds posted here as well as having built several from source and flashed them. Nothing is changing this from what I can see. The only way I can get that entry to appear is manually shortening DEVICE_NAME.
At this point I must be doing something wrong, but there are not many things that can be different between our two setups. I have a HappyModel ES24TX on OpenTX, my only choice now is to add the inverted UART option to that module and see if it behaves differently to the BETAFPV Micro TX. It shouldn't do, but maybe the OLED screen code is somehow causing problems in eLRS.
  • belrik
13 Jan 2022 12:56 - 13 Jan 2022 12:58

expressLRS

Are you building master branch on eLRS?

Using configurator 1 3.3, updated when I started this testing.
  • mooiweertje
13 Jan 2022 10:56 - 13 Jan 2022 11:20

expressLRS

I've tested "BETAFPV 2G4MICRO" in my local ELRS build and what shows up in the menu is one digit shorter "BETAFPV 2G4MICR" using 99811b4.
Suggesting the problem with the BETAFPV 2G4MICRO is not the name length or you are not using the 1.3.3 ExpressLRS configurator which is only 4 days old.
  • belrik
13 Jan 2022 10:32 - 13 Jan 2022 10:43

expressLRS

mooiweertje wrote: The 99811b4 is attached to my previous message. Do you use ExpressLRS configurator 1.3.3?

I am using the latest configurator. I am building from local source and I need to edit the TX DEVICE_NAME in the source for the radio to list my TX in the devices page.
Thanks for pointing me to 99811b4, I tried that but the problem persists. It's not a deal-breaker to shorten the device name for me cos I'm happy messing around with Git on the CLI, but for some this will be a show-stopper.

BTW not sure if everyone is aware but there is also a parallel discussion on Github: github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/pull/1020
  • mooiweertje
13 Jan 2022 09:56

expressLRS

The 99811b4 is attached to my previous message. Do you use ExpressLRS configurator 1.3.3?
  • belrik
13 Jan 2022 09:49 - 13 Jan 2022 10:32

expressLRS

mooiweertje wrote: The one I tested yesterday and didn't work, works fine today..... Strange but true... deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-99811b4 works! I can see all 13 characters in the menu "HM ES24TX Pro". Also Betaflight 4.3 shows up in the menu now.
I used ExpressLRS configurator 1.3.3 today and yesterday 1.3.2. The only reason I can think of why today works and yesterday not.

hexfet wrote: Sometimes :) Here's a test build that addresses the issues you mentioned. Please give it a try.

Hmm. I believe that the HM modules actually already had their names shortened from "HappyModel ES24TX" in the eLRS project to work around this problem. I was one of the people asking for the change. Now the problem is that many manufacturers have created modules we need >14 characters and there seems to be an error at 14 or longer still.
I've tested the d0ca763 build and that still seems to cause issues, but I cannot see deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-99811b4 to test that. it's not listed under deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/2838-hexfet-crsf-test , was that posted to github?
BTW My module name is "BETAFPV 2G4MICRO".
  • mooiweertje
13 Jan 2022 09:36

expressLRS

I'm not testing these unless you want me too since the 99811b4 from yesterday is working.

hexfet wrote: Please try the test build here . Not sure it will work but might have spotted the problem.

• mooiweertje
13 Jan 2022 09:33

expressLRS

The one I tested yesterday and didn't work, works fine today..... Strange but true... deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-99811b4 works! I can see all 13 characters in the menu "HM ES24TX Pro". Also Betaflight 4.3 shows up in the menu now.
I used ExpressLRS configurator 1.3.3 today and yesterday 1.3.2. The only reason I can think of why today works and yesterday not.

hexfet wrote: Sometimes :) Here's a test build that addresses the issues you mentioned. Please give it a try.

Displaying 661 - 680 out of 76173 results.
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds