T8sg V2 plus firmwareupgrade linux failed?

More
02 Nov 2019 19:48 - 02 Nov 2019 20:51 #75359 by kay
Hi there,

got my second t8sg V2 plus carbon and tried to upgrade firmware to latest nightly build via linux mint. So I used the deviation uploader 0.9.0, put the transmitter into dfu mode and completed the upgrade. After disconecting and repowering the screen of the transmitter remains black. Trying to connect via usb mode to write all files new does not work anymore since there is no drive detected. A lsusb shows a "STMicroelectronics STM microSD Flash Device". Finally formated this device to fat and copied all data from firmware zip file to it. Now some beep tones on powering up but still black screen. How to proceed? Thank you in advance.

best regards, Kay
Last edit: 02 Nov 2019 20:51 by kay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2019 11:40 #75380 by kay
update:
after flashing the firmware for the V2 (without the plus) the transmitter works well. I assumed that my transmitter is no real V2-plus because the display seem to be a lcd instead of an oled.
There is a label on the transmitter T8sg V2-plus. I opened the transmitter today and saw there are hall sensor gimbals and sound hardware. On the pcb is printed "T8SG V3-plus".

So will there be any firmware special for the V3?

best regards, Kay

More
25 Nov 2019 01:27 #75473 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic T8sg V2 plus firmwareupgrade linux failed?
Hi there, sounds like you might have the "Carbon" model with the audio playback board pre-installed?

I have the T8SGv2 and run Linux, saw that the Deviation uploader was a JAR file and wondered if I could just run that under Linux. I upgrade BetaFlight (quadcopter firmware) all the time under Linux so I know that my setup for STM32 and DFU devices is good, do I just need to run this JAR or do anything else?

thanks!

More
25 Nov 2019 18:47 #75481 by gdenton
Replied by gdenton on topic T8sg V2 plus firmwareupgrade linux failed?

belrik wrote: Hi there, sounds like you might have the "Carbon" model with the audio playback board pre-installed?

I have the T8SGv2 and run Linux, saw that the Deviation uploader was a JAR file and wondered if I could just run that under Linux. I upgrade BetaFlight (quadcopter firmware) all the time under Linux so I know that my setup for STM32 and DFU devices is good, do I just need to run this JAR or do anything else?

thanks!

This works for me on Ubuntu:

Power on the transmitter in 'Program Update' mode and wait a few seconds.

To list TX device:
sudo java -jar DeviationUpload-0.9.0.jar -list

To start the GUI:
sudo java -jar DeviationUpload-0.9.0.jar

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds