Proofread latest documentation/update translations

More
25 Nov 2012 03:21 - 25 Nov 2012 19:43 #3140 by PhracturedBlue
I am preparing for a final release within the next few days. As part of that, I'm updating the documentation with all current features. I'd appreciate it if a few folks could proofread the current draft and provide any feedback. Note that this is NOT the final documentation, I don't recommend linking or posting it anywhere.

This document is for the Devo8. I will use it as a basis for writing the Devo10 documentation, after which time, hopefully we'll be ready for a release.

Also, this is notice that the current strings should be final for the next release, and translators should make any final updates they want to be in the release now.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 19:43 by PhracturedBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2012 03:29 #3141 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Proofread latest documentation/update translations
FYI, here are the important changes since 1.1.2. If anyone has any feedback on anything I left out, let me know:

Major Features:
Devo10 support
Telemetry support (for Devo)
New translations:
Traditional Chinese
Simplified Chinese
Romanian
Dutch
Italian

Minor features:
Quickpages allow accessing frequently used pages
Fonts are stored on the filesystem
Mixers can be reordered
Channels can be reordered
New 'deadband' curve
DSM2 support upto 9 channels
Better WK2601 support
New Hubsan protocol
Power savings (auto-dim display)
New Max and Min muxes for the mixer page
Limits are applied live
Servo speed control

More
25 Nov 2012 14:39 - 25 Nov 2012 14:58 #3156 by vlad_vy
Page 10

• Mode 2 is common in North America. Throttle and Rudder on left, Throttle and
Aileron on right.

Buzz volume: Set battery voltage at which alarm will sound

Page 11

Timeup intvl: How often to been once time has expired

Page 13 - 'Boxes', boxes can also display telemetry data.

Page 14 - add the arrow to Reorder channels button.

Page 18
The reorder page can add new mixers or delete exiating ones using the ‘Insert’ and ‘Remove’ buttons respectively.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 14:58 by vlad_vy.

More
25 Nov 2012 14:56 #3160 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Proofread latest documentation/update translations
Thanks

More
25 Nov 2012 18:57 #3166 by PhracturedBlue
Here's a draft for the Devo10
Attachments:

More
25 Nov 2012 19:44 #3167 by PhracturedBlue
I've updated the document in the 1st post with a new draft (Draft2). It contains several typo-fixes, as well as some layout changes and some expanded documentation for the mixers and telemetry.

More
25 Nov 2012 19:46 #3168 by FDR
DEVO 6/8:

Page 7:

Tx Option Pages: Selecting this icon provides access to the main-page configuration
screen; the Channel-Test screen; the frequency scanner; and USB mode

...and to the telemetry data.

Configurable Displays: These can be text-boxes contacting input, channel, or timer
data; bar graphs displaying channel data; or icons displaying specific states (e.g. gear,
flaps,…)

...the boxes can display telemetry data too.

Page 10:

Length: Set units to display length for telemetry

...just to be consistent. ;)

Page 22:

Number of channels: Sets the number of channels to transmit.

You could mention, that the number of available channels is protocol dependent.

More
25 Nov 2012 20:04 #3169 by rototophe
Devo 8 page 14, missing arrow between reorder channels text box and icon.

Question: I see in the doc in the protocols table the Hubsan4 protocol is a new protocol. Just to double check before I spend some money and because I didn't see, or must have missed, discussion on the subject in the forums: is this protocl now fully supported in Deviation and can I order a Hubsandx4 quad to fly with my Devo8s?

Thanks for all the work.

More
25 Nov 2012 20:14 #3170 by PhracturedBlue

rototophe wrote: Question: I see in the doc in the protocols table the Hubsan4 protocol is a new protocol. Just to double check before I spend some money and because I didn't see, or must have missed, discussion on the subject in the forums: is this protocl now fully supported in Deviation and can I order a Hubsandx4 quad to fly with my Devo8s?

I'll clarify that in the docs. The Hubsan X4 is like the V911, it requires installation of a V911 (or ebay/aliexpress) module to work.

More
25 Nov 2012 20:17 - 25 Nov 2012 20:17 #3171 by FDR
The first was already reported.
The Hubsan protocol needs the A7105 hw mod.

BTW the documentation should point that it (end the flysky) does need the hw mod...

EDIT: I'm always too late... :blush:
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 20:17 by FDR.

More
25 Nov 2012 20:22 #3173 by RugWarrior
Page 22:
Predefined Templates
The Deviation firmware supports user-customizable predefined templates. By Selecting ‘Template...’ from the Model page, it is possible to select one of these options

Page 24:
Step 1:
120x: The same as 120 but with the ‘Aileron’ and ‘Elevator’ servos swapped

Page 26:
Step 4:
This configuration enables low-rates with the dual-rate switches separately for Elevator and Aileron channels, with some Expo. The low rates have the same curve as the highrates, but with 60% throw.

Step 5: Pitch Mixing
The pitch is setup to enable 3D with FMODE1 and FMODE2. In this example, there is no difference between using FMODE1 and FMODE2.

Page 27:
Step 6: Throttle Setup
The Throttle uses a complex mixer

More
25 Nov 2012 20:26 - 25 Nov 2012 20:27 #3174 by rototophe

PhracturedBlue wrote:

rototophe wrote: Question: I see in the doc in the protocols table the Hubsan4 protocol is a new protocol. Just to double check before I spend some money and because I didn't see, or must have missed, discussion on the subject in the forums: is this protocl now fully supported in Deviation and can I order a Hubsandx4 quad to fly with my Devo8s?

I'll clarify that in the docs. The Hubsan X4 is like the V911, it requires installation of a V911 (or ebay/aliexpress) module to work.

Great! Thanks for clarifying that. I already performed the Flysky mod so I suppose this release means perfecting arguments to convince the GF that I absolutely NEED one more flying toy :whistle:
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 20:27 by rototophe.

More
25 Nov 2012 20:35 #3175 by RugWarrior
Page 16:
Selecting a value for Switch1 or
Switch2 will activate the
corresponding section. Each section
can either have a 'linked' curve (curve
is the same as the 'High-Rate' curve) in
which case only the scalar can be
modified, or alternatively can have an
independent curve definition.
Pressing the 'Mid-Rate' or 'Low-Rate'
button for a given switch will toggle
between linked and independent
curves.

More
25 Nov 2012 20:37 #3176 by RugWarrior
Page 13:
Trim Positions
There are 3 options for the Trim Positions:
• 4 outside: Only 4 trims are shown, and they will be placed at the screen edges
• 4 inside: Only 4 trims are shown, and they are placed at the middle of the screen
• 6 Trims: 6 trims are shown, all placed towards the inside

More
25 Nov 2012 20:41 #3177 by PhracturedBlue
If you want to discuss the Hubsan, please make a new thread, and I'll be happy to further discuss. Note that so far I am the only one to successfully fly it, so keep that in mind when I say it is supported. Also, there are some potential caveats that apply to the Hubsan and not the V911.

More
26 Nov 2012 03:24 #3206 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: Here's a draft for the Devo10

Just some minor comments for devo10 instruction:

Page 4: "Do NOT use ‘Upload’ as this will do nothing other than destroy the dfu
file on your PC." -- this statement should be bold, by using upload, it actually will destroy model settings of factory firmware

Page 5: I sugget to add this statement "It is better to backup the tx.ini as well, otherwise, please do calibration again after upgrading from a previous Deviation release"

Page 9: "How often to beep once timer has expired" -- this statement should not be bold

More
26 Nov 2012 03:43 #3209 by suvsuv
Devo10, page 11 -12, should add a statement about long-pressing ENT for the sections of Simple Template,Expo & Dual-Rate Template and Complex Template:
"By long-pressing the ENT key, a saving tone is generated and changes will be saved without exiting from the current page".

More
26 Nov 2012 05:09 #3214 by vlad_vy
There is not any comments about PPM protocol. Is it ready to use right away after choice? What need to do to activate PPM output?

More
26 Nov 2012 05:14 - 26 Nov 2012 05:15 #3215 by PhracturedBlue
Thanks. I'll add something about PPM. It works fine just like any other protocol, select PPM and either press 'Re-Init' or power-cycle the Tx.

Also, I've already incorporated all other feedback, though I haven't posted updated pdfs.
Last edit: 26 Nov 2012 05:15 by PhracturedBlue.

More
26 Nov 2012 07:17 #3219 by domcars0
Hi,
Nothing about trainer mode if any?

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds