I'm having issues. Do I need to re-install?

More
11 Dec 2012 00:04 #3863 by Rain4LA
I really don't know what's going on - but something is not right. As I mentioned before, my mSRx goes in a cyclic circle till it wants to go crazy. I just got my Nano out of the shop today. I talked to the guy at Horizon, and he basically replaced everything. He said it was running perfectly. So, I rebinded it to my 8s, (same settings I was using before) and it starts that toilet bowl thing. Like I mentioned yesterday or the day before, my Phoenix just started acting crazy. It seems like there's a big headwind - blowing the helicopter backwards. It started doing that out of the blue a couple of days ago. Before that, it was perfect. And it still works with other tx's. I'm seriously not trying to be a pain in the ass. I really appreciate the hard work and effort that you guys put into this project. I think it's absolutely amazing. I'm just not ready to re-install the original firmware and call it a day. I'm really looking for suggestions on what I can do to remedy this situation. When I put the 2.0 and also the newest build, I upgraded. Should I have done it a different way? Do I need a clean install? If so, what's the best procedure to start all over? Something is definitely off, and it's making me insane. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you....

Todd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2012 07:53 #3868 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic I'm having issues. Do I need to re-install?
Can you upload your .ini? Do you have ccpm on the TX or the RX?

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
11 Dec 2012 11:39 - 11 Dec 2012 11:40 #3871 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic I'm having issues. Do I need to re-install?
I think latest published release has debug output to trainer port. Maybe therefore Phoenix doesn't work properly. You need wait next stable release or return to v2.00.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2012 11:40 by vlad_vy.

More
11 Dec 2012 15:15 - 15 Dec 2012 18:57 #3877 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic I'm having issues. Do I need to re-install?
He did upload the ini file the other day, and it's not just Phoenix, so it's not completely the debug.

I really think it's the calibration on the sticks. There was a version that didn't save or allow the sticks to be calibrated.

Todd, for sure you want to use the UPGRADE button when you put the .dfu file on the radio. Then make sure to turn the radio off, and back on in usb mode. Save your models and icons, then wipe the usb drive and put a fresh file system on it.

After that copy only the Phoenix stuff back, go into the TX settings and re-calibrate the sticks. Fire up Phoenix and re-calibrate there as well (Your Transmitter button). All the control options shouldn't change.

Here's the latest build, note that I've named the version with hex so you know it's compiled by me and NOT an official build. Once PB posts a fresh version, probably best to use that.

Also note this is only the devo8 build

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 15 Dec 2012 18:57 by FDR.

More
11 Dec 2012 16:42 - 11 Dec 2012 16:43 #3881 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic I'm having issues. Do I need to re-install?
I don't think stick calibration can cause TBE. It's probably something else. I'll look for his config.

Hex, does your build include latest PPM fixes? I have one with them in handy if needed.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 11 Dec 2012 16:43 by sbstnp.

More
11 Dec 2012 19:18 - 11 Dec 2012 19:18 #3888 by Hexperience
Yep, it was the build that ended in 220f. It was up to date as of the time posted. (PB has committed some other changes since then of course :) )

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2012 19:18 by Hexperience.

More
12 Dec 2012 00:15 - 12 Dec 2012 00:15 #3898 by Rain4LA
Replied by Rain4LA on topic I'm having issues. Do I need to re-install?
Okay, I've officially gone crazy. After various types of tinkering (and I'm not talking about anything technical like you guys do - with graphs and stuff :huh: ) everything - and I mean EVERYTHING - including Phoenix, mSRx, Nano, and whatever else....staring working perfectly again!

So thank you Tx gods, thank you kind Deviation people, and thank you Universe. I feel very happy right now. I was on the verge of buying a DX7s today at the LHS, but I started having remorse before I paid for it. (Jeez, $300 and it's not even backlit!!!)
Last edit: 12 Dec 2012 00:15 by Rain4LA. Reason: sp

More
12 Dec 2012 00:41 #3899 by Hexperience
That was the devo protecting itself..

More
12 Dec 2012 02:19 #3901 by Rain4LA
Replied by Rain4LA on topic I'm having issues. Do I need to re-install?

Hexperience wrote: That was the devo protecting itself..

Haha! I like that - and I believe it... :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds