Fixed ID and TX ID

More
20 Feb 2013 15:54 - 20 Feb 2013 15:55 #6640 by harmony96
Fixed ID and TX ID was created by harmony96
Is it a way to control the same receiver using different TXs with the same fixed-ID?

As far as I know, although TXs are set to the same fixed ID, their internal TX IDs (?) are different. So I cannot control the same receiver with two radios. Is it possible to change their internal TX ID?

I have a devo 8S and a devo 7E and want to control the same receiver without rebinding.
I can take a risk that if I simultaneously turn on two TXs, it will be a problem.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2013 15:55 by harmony96.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2013 16:10 #6641 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Fixed ID and TX ID
I don't think it's a good idea. Are you ready take a risk to down a plane/heli of other user? If you change internal Tx ID, it can be the same as other user have.

More
20 Feb 2013 16:39 #6643 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Fixed ID and TX ID
One possibility would be to store the TxID in the model file (optionally). if you set the value, it would be used instead of the internal ID. Getting the ID would require reading it from the 'About' page and typing it into an ini file, so it would be difficult to use unsafely.

I'll need to think about it some more.

More
20 Feb 2013 18:54 #6644 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Fixed ID and TX ID
It still would be a security risk.
Even I used to forget to clear the fixed id from my model configs, when I share them, and there are people who know very little about the config file's structure...

More
20 Feb 2013 20:48 - 20 Feb 2013 20:48 #6645 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Fixed ID and TX ID

FDR wrote: It still would be a security risk.
Even I used to forget to clear the fixed id from my model configs, when I share them, and there are people who know very little about the config file's structure...

I like the idea, what about allowing the alternative tx id only to be type in via the GUI, hash it with the local tx id and store both in the ini file. This way the tx can check if it should use the alternative tx id, eg if the alternative id is meant for it.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2013 20:48 by RandMental.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
20 Feb 2013 21:51 #6647 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Fixed ID and TX ID
The way RandMental has shown seems to be a quite secure way, but leaves the risk of mistyping. Could the id be coded some way so the second tx can be sure that it is correct? Or can it be transferred on a secure way (maybe through the air with telemetry)?

More
20 Feb 2013 22:12 #6650 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Fixed ID and TX ID
I know many people who want to control their RC models with a single TX. But this is the first time I meet someone who wants to fly his machine with all his TX. :lol:

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
21 Feb 2013 01:34 #6658 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Fixed ID and TX ID

domcars0 wrote: I know many people who want to control their RC models with a single TX. But this is the first time I meet someone who wants to fly his machine with all his TX. :lol:

I may be th second one ...

I've using my FF9 for over ten years. One of the reason I switched to Walkera is because of the 7e. At times I like to take more models to the field like last Sunday I took my R/C battle tank, one WL911 and a Lady Bird clone all controlled by one Tx. And the point is a small size Tx that is easy to carry around.

On the usual flying field, I can use my Devo 10 for more serious flying.

To me, Devo 7e is first in R/C being a small size but reasonable build quality Tx.. just like its bigger brother, the gimble is ball bearing ...

More
22 Feb 2013 00:24 #6735 by harmony96
Replied by harmony96 on topic Fixed ID and TX ID

domcars0 wrote: I know many people who want to control their RC models with a single TX. But this is the first time I meet someone who wants to fly his machine with all his TX. :lol:

In my case, I usually flew my all models using devo 8s. But when traveling, I want to carry microhelis and 7e. 7e is small, but it is powerful tx. So it is the best for carrying during travel.

More
22 Feb 2013 01:25 #6744 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Fixed ID and TX ID

harmony96 wrote:

..... 7e is small, but it is powerful tx. So it is the best for carrying during travel.

yes you've got the point. May be the only small capable Tx in the market today... this is the Tx that makes Walkera stands out from the other big manufacturer...

More
22 Feb 2013 05:32 #6759 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Fixed ID and TX ID

cmpang wrote: yes you've got the point. May be the only small capable Tx in the market today... this is the Tx that makes Walkera stands out from the other big manufacturer...

I would also mention the DEVO 6...

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds