Nine Eagles Yak-54, what protocol do they use?

More
13 Mar 2013 19:01 #7704 by RandMental
Does anyone has experience with Nine Eagle RC models, do they use one of the existing protocols Deviation supports?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2013 20:06 #7708 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic Nine Eagles Yak-54, what protocol do they use?
Any NE model that can be control with a NE "J" series TX should be OK with Deviation.

More
13 Mar 2013 20:10 #7709 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Nine Eagles Yak-54, what protocol do they use?
Which protocol do we need to select on Deviation and how many channels?

More
13 Mar 2013 20:26 #7711 by FDR
It's the "J6Pro" protocol, but I don't know the channel count...

More
13 Mar 2013 23:13 #7715 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Nine Eagles Yak-54, what protocol do they use?
Pretty sure the Yak54 uses the old system, which isn't compatible with J6Pro; looking at sites selling it, it shows the old flippable oval TX, which uses the nrf 24l01 I believe. The NE helis of that era (eg. Solo Pro 260a) have the same style TX, but for some unknown reason they did something different with the protocol so you couldn't use a heli TX with the planes and vice-versa.

I would like to see these supported at some stage as I've got a 260a and would prefer not to have to get a new v911 instead. And the planes looked nice and small, a real bugger about the two different TX's otherwise I would have gotten one years ago.

From smatterings I've read along the way, is the CYRF (?) chip capable of controlling the NRF stuff if the protocols were figured out?

More
13 Mar 2013 23:25 #7717 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Nine Eagles Yak-54, what protocol do they use?
Hmm, according to the HK B'n'F description, it will bind to the J6... but other things say that the older ones won't bind with the J6... I'd be really careful if ordering one.

More
21 Aug 2013 07:59 #13065 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Nine Eagles Yak-54, what protocol do they use?

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: Hmm, according to the HK B'n'F description, it will bind to the J6... but other things say that the older ones won't bind with the J6... I'd be really careful if ordering one.

I just bind my NE YAK 54 with my devo 7E nightly buid using the J6 PRO protocol without any problem. I have now to do the diode mod to extend range ...

More
21 Aug 2013 17:02 #13124 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Nine Eagles Yak-54, what protocol do they use?
From the HK J6 Pro description:

The J6 PRO is compatible with the following Nine Eagles models:
Solo Pro 328
Solo Pro 228
Solo Pro 100
Solo Pro 180
Sky Eagle
Xtra 300
Sky Runner
Sky Climber
YAK 54
P47
Mustang 3CH
Spitfire 3CH
Sky Surfer
Spitfire 4CH
Mustang 4CH
Sky 500

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
24 Aug 2013 22:16 #13238 by yov
Would it bind with solo pro (solo pro V2) ? its with the old transmitter.

More
25 Aug 2013 06:43 - 25 Aug 2013 06:44 #13250 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Nine Eagles Yak-54, what protocol do they use?

Hexperience wrote: From the HK J6 Pro description:

Solo Pro 328
Solo Pro 228
Solo Pro 100
Solo Pro 180
Sky Eagle
Xtra 300
Sky Runner
Sky Climber
YAK 54
P47
Mustang 3CH
Spitfire 3CH
Sky Surfer
Spitfire 4CH
Mustang 4CH
Sky 500

I can confirm the YAK54 from experience, I have been flying it for a while on the Deviation J6 protocol (V3.0.0 Nighties)
Last edit: 25 Aug 2013 06:44 by RandMental.

More
27 Nov 2013 04:34 #15890 by Jasen
I have a Devo8 that was sold to me as a Devo8s. I ordered a Yak54,and it just shipped. Reading these post I may have tossed $40 into the garbage bin. Is the J6pro protocol a no go with out telemetry available?

More
27 Nov 2013 04:59 - 27 Nov 2013 04:59 #15893 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Nine Eagles Yak-54, what protocol do they use?
Yeah pretty much. Theoretically it could be made to work (the data sent by the Rx is never used by the Tx except to change to the next state in the handshake), but I never implemented that ability, and it would not be very reliable without feedback (you might need to retry the binding several times)

It wouldn't be too hard to change the code to do this. If you can compile it yourself, I can probably tell you what changes to make, but I don't currently have sufficient free time to spend the time testing it on my own.

I guess the 8s modules aren't available anymore? They were a good deal at $13 when they were around.

Edit: you are sure it doesn't have the 8s module in it? Just because it is a Devo8 doesn't mean it doesn't have telemetry.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2013 04:59 by PhracturedBlue.

More
27 Nov 2013 08:21 #15914 by mwm

RandMental wrote:

Hexperience wrote: From the HK J6 Pro description:

Solo Pro 328
Solo Pro 228
Solo Pro 100
Solo Pro 180
Sky Eagle
Xtra 300
Sky Runner
Sky Climber
YAK 54
P47
Mustang 3CH
Spitfire 3CH
Sky Surfer
Spitfire 4CH
Mustang 4CH
Sky 500

I can confirm the YAK54 from experience, I have been flying it for a while on the Deviation J6 protocol (V3.0.0 Nighties)

That list is far from complete. I fly a NE SoloPro 126A V2 with a 6S, and I'd be surprised if earlier versions of the 126 and the 125 didn't work with it. And the Nine Eagles 1/43 scale Black Hawk sells in RTF with the J6Pro.

All three of these are sold in the US by HeliMax, licensed from NE. The 125 is the Axe CP, the 126 the Axe SSL The NE ones seem to have better hardware, cost less (even with shipping from china), and can be flown with deviationTx. The downside is that you have to buy them from china and wait for shipping. But you can buy parts from HeliMax, except the receiver boards.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Nov 2013 08:00 #15959 by Jasen

PhracturedBlue wrote: Yeah pretty much. Theoretically it could be made to work (the data sent by the Rx is never used by the Tx except to change to the next state in the handshake), but I never implemented that ability, and it would not be very reliable without feedback (you might need to retry the binding several times)

It wouldn't be too hard to change the code to do this. If you can compile it yourself, I can probably tell you what changes to make, but I don't currently have sufficient free time to spend the time testing it on my own.

I guess the 8s modules aren't available anymore? They were a good deal at $13 when they were around.

Edit: you are sure it doesn't have the 8s module in it? Just because it is a Devo8 doesn't mean it doesn't have telemetry.

Thanks for the reply. When I get the plane, I will see how it goes. I may just order the module.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds