A7105 bind lockups

More
24 Oct 2013 05:30 - 24 Oct 2013 05:34 #14916 by mwm
A7105 bind lockups was created by mwm
I added the 7105 to my Devo 10, and am having some odd issues when binding. Sometimes when it binds - not clear exactly what triggers it - the Tx will lock up hard. So hard that pulling the power supply is the only way to get it to shut off.

It only seems to happen if I either 1) push the "Re-init" button with no bind ID, or 2) Switch to a model that has a not-None bind ID. I also believe it only happens if there is a model to bind to.

I'm not positive about that I've correctly capture either all the preconditions for this, or all the conditions that it could happen under.

I've been flying with it for a while - I was just doing the "turn on the aircraft, turn on the Tx, let it bind" stuff before (they're all WLToys things that expect to work that way, so I do it that way even though I know it's not a good idea). Never had any issues flying, or any problems until I decided to try setting a bind ID on some to see if that would work better.

Checking the solder joins doesn't reveal any obvious issues (well, other than that I'm not very good at such), checking the pins on the A7105 & CYRF module for shorts shows nothing odd except that ground seems to show up on the pin directly "below" it.

Is this actually normal and I should just live with it (seems unlikely)? Anyone got any hints as to which things I might try resoldering short of all of them to fix it? Anyone who's checked the source think switching to the last nightly might help?

Oh yeah - this only happens with the FlySky protocol. The others I use (Walkera and Blade) work fine.

Thanks.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2013 05:34 by mwm. Reason: Add note about problems only with FlySky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2013 05:38 #14917 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic A7105 bind lockups
Check if yout A7105 module has pin 8 (RXEN) grounded (8 to 3).

Attachments:

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
24 Oct 2013 05:50 #14919 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic A7105 bind lockups
Using the last nightly (or the 3.1.0-beta) is of course a good idea to exclude that you ran into an issue which was fixed already. The last nightly is known to be more stable than 3.0.0, but you will have to redesign your main screen with the new GUI.

More
03 Nov 2013 04:10 #15273 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic A7105 bind lockups

vlad_vy wrote: Check if yout A7105 module has pin 8 (RXEN) grounded (8 to 3).

The A7105 (which is the module I used, from a V911 Tx) only has 6 pins, so it's not shorted. The 9-pin version of the 7105 is the XL7105. I had to open the thing up and look to figure out that this was the case.

Since the A7105 doesn't seem to have a RXEN pin listed, could it be pin 4 (which isn't listed as connected)?

Something about the A7105 (aka V911) Tx module I should check on?

thanks,
Mike

More
04 Nov 2013 05:54 #15309 by mwm
I installed 3.10 beta 8 on it. No more bind lockups. So either 1) this was an issue that was fixed in 3.10, or 2) I tweaked something mechanical while poking at the A7105 to not check pin 8.

More reports on running 3.10 with the FlySky protocol in the beta thread.

Thanks to all who replied.

More
25 Nov 2013 20:18 #15816 by gigrichj
Replied by gigrichj on topic A7105 bind lockups
I had a similiar issue. I found that if I put the Devo8 in FMODE1 it would bind and not lockup. If it was in FMODE0 I would have the same problem you had using the 3.0 build

More
27 Nov 2013 19:26 #15939 by mwm

gigrichj wrote: I had a similiar issue. I found that if I put the Devo8 in FMODE1 it would bind and not lockup. If it was in FMODE0 I would have the same problem you had using the 3.0 build

Does FMODE1 have do this for all your models, or just one? And does it have a non-zero output? I have one weird config that uses mix0 and mix2 as outputs, with mix1 as an input (basically, driving a device in two directions) that locked up with mix0 but not mix1. Once.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds