7e Help Please

More
23 Nov 2013 14:55 #15752 by rdw777
7e Help Please was created by rdw777
HI guys, I need a little help completing this project. I downloaded and installed dev0-7e-3.0.0 and fs-devo7e-v3.0.0 from the Deviation web site and it appeared to be successful from what I could see on the PC. I followed the youtube tutorial by Tom Z (for Devo 10 tx) and the user manual for the 7e. I did not try to install the emu_devo7e3.0.0 file because I did not see this on the video. Now when booting up the tx I get a message ''Bad/missing protocol modules!''. I can push the ENT button and screen looks somewhat normal and appears to be transmitting at 150 mW. Please let me know what steps I should take from here...

When I get it right I'm trying to bind to a Blade mSR and mSRX. Is it simply a process of turning the tx on and then powering up the heli til they bind?

I will be searching the forums and manuals for now but will appreciate your help along the way!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2013 15:35 - 23 Nov 2013 15:43 #15753 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic 7e Help Please
You need copy to Tx filesystem 'protocol' foldef from firmware archive.

To bind Blade models you need open model setup page, select and press 'Bind' button.

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Nov 2013 15:43 by vlad_vy.

More
24 Nov 2013 02:42 #15757 by rdw777
Replied by rdw777 on topic 7e Help Please
Thanks, that is helpful, but I’m not quite there yet. Here is what I have done so far in Model Setup;

Model name; msr
Icon; Default
Model Type; Heli
Tx power; Default (can’t be changed)
DSMX Re-Int (Can’t change to bind here, If I enter on Re-Int I get; Ch 1 is 10% safe value=100%, then enter again; Bad/missing protocol modules!)
Fixed ID;123456
#Channels; 4
Mixer GUI; Advanced
File; Load (I see msr now on main first display)

I think I’m close but running out of ideas until I read the manual some more. Any help would be appreciated to help the learning curve. Thanks Much!!!!!

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
24 Nov 2013 08:28 #15759 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic 7e Help Please
As described by vlad you have to copy the "protocol" folder on your tx. Connect it to your pc, press ENT and switch the tx on as you have done to copy the filesystem to your tx. In the USB drive there must be a folder named protocol and some files inside like devo.mod, dsm.mod and so on. You will find this folder not in the deviation-fs-devo7e-v3.0.0.zip as the rest but in the deviation-devo7e-v3.0.0.zip (also named protocol).

More
24 Nov 2013 10:15 #15763 by rdw777
Thanks guys!!! I must have missed that step, protocol is loaded properly now and I have the bind button! But I cannot get it bind to the mSR. It tries to bind I guess because it unbinds it from the stock Tx; However it is easy to re-bind to stock Tx.

The only thing I have set different than listed in my post above tried setting the Fixed ID to None. Neither the default setting of 123456 or None made any difference to binding.

I know we are nearly there and I must be missing something simple. Thanks again for your help!!!

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
24 Nov 2013 10:56 #15767 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic 7e Help Please
Clear the fixed ID, make sure that RUD is not limited (reaches +/-100%) and hold the rudder stick full right while binding. Repeat the binding a few times (I never had luck the first time).

More
24 Nov 2013 23:06 #15782 by rdw777
Got it guys, Thanks for your help!!! I was trying to bind Blade mSR with DSMX, should have been DSM2...Worked fine after that. I also was able to bind mSRX easily as well.

I'm still messing servo travel adjustments...The swash on the mSR does not have as much punch or travel as it did before....

Thanks again for your help.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds