PPM sending ONLY 6 channels, Latest PB build

More
03 Dec 2013 11:48 #16221 by RandMental
Gents

Did I miss something and PPM Out only supports 6 channels?

I configured channel 7 for Gear up/down - it shows on the monitor, but I don't get Channel 7 in Phoenix to respond at all. Not on its calibration screen or setting up a new Controller. Same with Channel 8.

I build and loaded the latest PB repo version on my Devo8s and connected it to Phoenix simulator.

Any of you can verify this before logging a ticket? I am pretty sure my model config is correct, if I make change the destination to ch5, I can see the changes in Phoenix on Ch5.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2013 13:43 - 03 Dec 2013 13:48 #16226 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic PPM sending ONLY 6 channels, Latest PB build
In my case, with Devo8, advanced mixer and latest build, I have 10 working channels. Flight simulator 'Reflex'.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2013 13:48 by vlad_vy.

More
03 Dec 2013 13:45 #16227 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PPM sending ONLY 6 channels, Latest PB build
I assume you are using the advanced mixer? I made a change tohow the standard mixer handles PPM, but it should not have effected the advanced mixer.
you can try doing a:
hg co c9a08c968877
that is before my PPM change, and see if it changes the behavior.

More
03 Dec 2013 20:33 #16245 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic PPM sending ONLY 6 channels, Latest PB build
My apologies - it was when using the advance mixer, I don't use the standard Gui. I did not have time to check further tonight, but if Vlad can get 10 channels with PPMout, then the fault must be on my side. Let's park this one until I have done more checks.

More
04 Dec 2013 07:54 #16259 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic PPM sending ALL channels - No problem found
Gents, sorry for the false alarm, after starting everything up from step 1 , everything is working as it should - I get all 8 channels as configered

More
07 Dec 2013 16:44 - 07 Dec 2013 16:45 #16375 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic problem...
I'm only getting 6 channels on my ppm out right now as well. Devo12 on the latest build from PB's repo. I then went BACK to RBE's that I was working on before. Still only 6 channels.

I thought I had fried something when I connected the usb cable.

RandMental, how exactly did you resolve it?

by the way I've only ever used the advanced mixer.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2013 16:45 by Hexperience.

More
07 Dec 2013 17:43 #16380 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic problem...
Check the modelxx.ini and make sure the number of channels are 8 or more.

More
07 Dec 2013 17:56 #16382 by Hexperience
Back on the rbe build and I made a new model and get ppm signal out but it's all over the place. Channel 7 & 8 are unusable. If I play with the ppm settings I get them to work but not until the niotch is at minimum. Weird that it still does it after going back to my previous version.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
07 Dec 2013 19:27 #16386 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic problem...
Hi Hex

I did a clean new install and started with a new model.ini but perhaps just as important, I also started with a new controller on the Phoenix simulator side.

Once I reconfigured all from the start got all 8 channels, I am thus not sure where or what the problem was.

More
08 Dec 2013 20:52 #16429 by Hexperience
Did all that. Still broken on my devo12. :(

What I don't understand is why it's messing up after I flash my previous version and restore my file system from back up.

??

More
09 Dec 2013 22:57 - 09 Dec 2013 23:57 #16457 by Hexperience
So I put the PB build back on. Formatted the flash, and installed only the file system. NO models and used the tx.ini from the file system. Re-calibrated sticks etc.

New Model. PPM->8ch. All default for the PPM settings. Go back to the channel list. Make channel 8, simple, src = hold0.

Make a new transmitter in phoenix and channel 7 and 8 work... for about 5 minutes..... really weird...

Further testing
formatted the flash again, and copied the fresh file system again. Deleted all the old transmitters in phoenix. (sucks.. had lots of customization in there.. oh well)

I moved the channel ppm outputs around. So now I have elevator on 8 and aileron on 7 and it's been working better... I'm going to continue trying to see if i can force the problem to happen...

Cheers

Last edit: 09 Dec 2013 23:57 by Hexperience.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds