Will my Devo 8 work again ? Everything is blocked

More
08 Dec 2013 17:18 - 08 Dec 2013 17:23 #16409 by Flo38
Hello,

I'am currently having some troubles with my Devo 8.

I'am not sure whether it is a bug of the deviation release or an hardware problem. I'am trying to get the original Walkera files to reinstall everything but their website is down.

Herebelow a description of what is happening :

After I tried my Devo with phoenix RC (not the first time) and charged the NIMH battery through the charging plug (first time ever), 3 channel sticks out of 4 are not responding (only the rudder does).
Additionnaly, whereever I touch the screen, it switches from the "home menu" to only ONE parameter page (the one where you can select the protocol, the number of channels, the model...)
I can't do anything. Clicking on change the model will take me back to the home menu.

Has somebody got the same issue ? Do you think I burnt an hardware part ? I checked the polarity, the current (250 mA) and the voltage (4.8 to 9.6V) before charging...

The deviation firmware (2.1 or 3, I can't remember) has worked fine for almost 1 year now...

Thank you...
Last edit: 08 Dec 2013 17:23 by Flo38.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2013 17:37 - 08 Dec 2013 17:39 #16411 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Will my Devo 8 work again ? Everything is blocked
Can you get into the bootloader (press EXIT while power on) and the Deviation file system (Press ENT while power on)?

If so I suggest reload the latest nightly build and its files system.

Otherwise if you can at least get into the Bootloader you can use Defuse to reload the original Devo Firmware and LIB.

(Hopefully the Walker Site is back up soon - See
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...wnload-updater#16405
Last edit: 08 Dec 2013 17:39 by RandMental.

More
08 Dec 2013 19:19 #16419 by Flo38
It was possible but I was missing the files.

Now it is ok with the Walkera firmware.

I first tried to install the nightly builds, without any positive difference for my problem.
But installing the Walkera original firmware seems to have solved the issue. At the moment I haven't tried the deviation firmware yet. I don't really understand what happened and why it was linked to the software.

More
08 Dec 2013 21:02 #16432 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Will my Devo 8 work again ? Everything is blocked
Good news that you have it working!

More
09 Dec 2013 11:36 #16440 by Flo38
Ok let's continue the story

Today I installed deviation 2.1.1 (filesystem 2.1.0)
I changed models and tx.ini with mine.

I started the transmitter... And the problem happened again.

Finally, the problem seems to be on my tx.ini file, because when I changed it again back to the original one (2.1.0), everything seems to be ok.

It is like the problem was saved in that file...

More
09 Dec 2013 12:03 #16441 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Will my Devo 8 work again ? Everything is blocked
So it is the problem of calibration.

More
09 Dec 2013 12:21 #16442 by Flo38
I imagine under calibration you mean both the screen and the sticks ?

Because there were a certain number of different issues, I think...

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
09 Dec 2013 18:27 #16451 by rbe2012
The calibration values for the sticks and the touch screen are both stored in the tx.ini. If you take a default one (or from another tx) they will probably not bring your tx to work correctly.
You have to recalibrate both. Or you can edit the tx.ini and set the values from a formerly working tx.ini because the algorithm has not changed.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds