ETA on the next release? (4.0)

More
01 Jan 2014 00:28 #17605 by Kdean
ETA on the next release? (4.0) was created by Kdean
I've got around to downloading the nightly released on christmas day, and now it looks like the official release will be posted soon. I dont like fooling with loading FWs to often, just incase i do something wrong and brick my tx, so Im wondering if i should wait or just load a nightly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2014 04:35 #17611 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic ETA on the next release? (4.0)
It's been released. Go download it. :)

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
01 Jan 2014 09:21 #17621 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic ETA on the next release? (4.0)
It is not easy to accidentally break down your tx with wrong or too much firmware installing. I flashed mine hundreds of times while developing (and I am not the only one who does) and everything is still working fine (besides the USB port which becomes floppy...).
If you use the DFuse-Tool from Walkera (not the one of STM - has other preconditions!) you should always be save. Don't forget to make a backup of your USB files before you start.

More
02 Jan 2014 01:29 #17696 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic ETA on the next release? (4.0)
Wow, sooner than i expected. Yea...

I just downloaded it and will be updateing my devo12 tonight.

Now we can get working on how to improve the "plane Jane" appearence in the devo12.

Where can i get the program that converts pics to the right specs for use as icons in the devo 12?

Also, how would i go about changing the wallpaper in the devo12.

I know there are posts about this stuff somewhere in this fourm, gatta go searching..

More
02 Jan 2014 02:14 - 02 Jan 2014 02:25 #17700 by henkerhaus
Replied by henkerhaus on topic ETA on the next release? (4.0)
Download (or create in Photoshop / Photoshop Elements / GIMP) a new background file.

(See the following Link for a completely new skin I created for the Devo 6, 8/8s, 12/12s)

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/custom-skins/2408-new-color-skin

For a Devo 12, the file must be exactly 480 pixels wide x 272 pixels high.
The file must be a bitmap file (.bmp file extension), and must be saved as 16bit, R5 G6 B5 format. (RGB=Red-Green-Blue)

With your transmitter turned off, connect your transmitter to your computer via a USB cable.
Press and Hold the ENT button, and then turn on the transmitter. This will put your transmitter into USB mode. (The screen should be displaying a large USB logo.)

Now you can access the Deviation files located on the transmitter, as you would files on a flash disk drive.

Open the folder named media. The file you need to replace, in order to change the background, is the file named devo12.bmp . I would recommend that you first rename the existing file to something like devo12_2.bmp, so that you can revert back to it, if desired / needed. Then copy the new version of the devo12.bmp file to the transmitter. That's it!.

Eject the transmitter as you would any disk drive. Turn it off, and then back on.
When the transmitter reboots, it will be using the new background file.

If you want to change other elements of the screen, then you just replace those screen element .bmp files in the media folder. If you want to change the entire theme / skin, then I would recommend copying your entire media folder to your computer first, as a backup, and then replace it with the new one.

Model icons are changed / added the same way, but are put in the folder named modelico.
The icon file name is referenced in the model.ini file, near the top. To use a different model icon, just put the new .bmp file in the modelico folder, and then open the associated model.ini file (located in the models folder) in a text editor (I recommend NotePad++, which is a good free editor) and change the 3rd line from the top to reference the new model icon file ( icon=xxxx.bmp, where xxx.bmp is the icon file name)
Last edit: 02 Jan 2014 02:25 by henkerhaus. Reason: still not working... trying again

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
02 Jan 2014 08:15 #17713 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic ETA on the next release? (4.0)
This does not work for Devo12 since the media folder is not in the USB area (too small) but in the library file. A folder "media" which is created manually is ignored.
If you have a development environment I can tell you how to easily change the files, but it will be hard if not. I have an idea - there are only two python scripts necessary for creating the library. Maybe I can write a howto, but i have to test first on a clean /Windows) machine.

More
02 Jan 2014 14:02 #17725 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic ETA on the next release? (4.0)
One of the reasons I used python for those scripts (well the one I wrote at least) is this:
www.py2exe.org/

It should not be difficult to turn them into stand-alone executables that do not need python to use.

Though some-day I'll get my dfu uploader done, and then it'll be drag-and-drop simple.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds