V4 Deviation Firmware

More
04 Jan 2014 02:12 #17904 by Tom Z
V4 Deviation Firmware was created by Tom Z
I just saw that there is a version 4 of the deviation firmware.
Am I correct to assume that my models on this site for V2.1 and V3 won't work correctly on V4?

People are asking me this question in PM's. I will edit my posts with my models and make a note if you can or can't use them with the V4 firmware.
I had to make models before for both V2.1 and V3 firmware and assume this would also have to be done for V4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2014 03:10 #17908 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic V4 Deviation Firmware
In theory the models designed for v3 will work with v4, but you need to apply a layout template or otherwise re-setup the display, since the gui layout will be wrong. There are also changes to how switches are handled from V3. Specifically, each switch is now multiple inputs (a 3 way AIL-DR switch is now AIL_DR0 AIL_DR1, and AIL_DR2. I believe the firmware will properly upgrade most models, but it is not guaranteed, and I'd definitely want to re-check everything.
I don't think there should be any reason for folks to use 3.0 anymore. Version 4 has a lot better stability than 3.0 did. Of course for those paranoid folks, I can understand waiting a couple weeks to make sure there are no latent showstoppers, but I think you'll find 4.0 to be the best release we've done to date (in large part due to the awesome work rbe2012 did in my absence)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds