Virtual channels with throttle hold

More
04 Jan 2014 18:54 #17946 by mikeage
Virtual channels with throttle hold was created by mikeage
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a proportional countdown timer for my MQX on my 7E. I believe the attached model file should do it, but it seems to not recognize the sticky throttle hold I have set up.

If I look at the output of Ch1 in the big-box, it correctly reflects the throttle being sent (linear for THR, unless HOLD1 is set or it wasn't returned to 0. However, for the timer, I need a mapping of 0-100, which I have on Virt5. However, Virt5 seems to ignore the value of the hold setting, even though I have it looking at Ch1 and not THR. (this is DSM2/X, so it's Ch1 and not Walkera's Ch3)

Any ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2014 02:29 #17960 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Virtual channels with throttle hold
If you use channel safety for throttle hold, it will be. You can try to use throttle hold at last page of complex mixer for throttle. Mux=replace, switch=Hold switch, curve=Fixed, scale=-100.

More
05 Jan 2014 02:34 #17961 by mikeage
Replied by mikeage on topic Virtual channels with throttle hold
are you saying that virtual channels don't use the actual value of the channel, but only the one before the hold is applied (I wonder if this applies to subtrim as well)?

Is this documented anywhere?

More
05 Jan 2014 02:38 #17962 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Virtual channels with throttle hold
I don't know, we need ask PB about this.

More
05 Jan 2014 06:00 #17967 by yidc
Replied by yidc on topic Virtual channels with throttle hold
mikeage,
As you can see from my post before: http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1670-how-to-change-thr-display-value#17800
I also have the same problem as yours i.e. virtual channel ignores the safety switch

More
05 Jan 2014 07:12 - 05 Jan 2014 07:12 #17969 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Virtual channels with throttle hold
limits are applied after all mixers are evaluated. so you cannot use a safety on the 'Limits' page and feed that into a mixer. This is even true when channels are used as inputs to a mixer.

If you want a safety and to be able to feed the output to another mixer, define a complex limit and add the sit as a switch instead.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2014 07:12 by PhracturedBlue.

More
05 Jan 2014 07:22 #17970 by mikeage
Replied by mikeage on topic Virtual channels with throttle hold
Thanks. I'll use a complex mixer instead (are there any downsides to implementing TH that way, rather than via the limits?)

More
05 Jan 2014 15:46 - 05 Jan 2014 15:47 #17989 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Virtual channels with throttle hold
there are caveats to using a mixer-switch for throttle hold. basically you need to be careful about how trims are applied (so they don't get applied when the switch is on (though you don't usually use trims with throttle). You also need to be careful using subtrims since those apply after all mixing and would affect your throttle-hold as well.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2014 15:47 by PhracturedBlue.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds