Updating firmware on 7E

More
11 Jan 2014 18:30 #18369 by hogan
Updating firmware on 7E was created by hogan
ok, followed the video tutorial. Thought I did it all but something just isn't happening. After I hit connect and when I turn the Tx on in program mode ( ext+ power on), it says no any serial port can be used. AS you can imagine, I am wee bit frustrated.
Check the device manager and it shows STM in dfu mode.
GRrrrrrr! Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2014 18:37 #18371 by hogan
Replied by hogan on topic Updating firmware on 7E

hogan wrote: ok, followed the video tutorial. Thought I did it all but something just isn't happening. After I hit connect and when I turn the Tx on in program mode ( ext+ power on), it says no any serial port can be used. AS you can imagine, I am wee bit frustrated.
Check the device manager and it shows STM in dfu mode.
GRrrrrrr! Please help!

Nevermind, just watched the video AGAIN and realize that I need the UP02 cable and NOT a USB cable.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
11 Jan 2014 20:10 #18375 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Updating firmware on 7E
USB cable is what has to be used - AFAIK the UP02 is only used for some receivers.
And the "STM32 device in dfu mode" is correct - the DFuse-tool will recognize it. Maybe you have to install the stm32 driver downloaded with the dfuse tool. Sometimes it will help to plug off all other USB devices for recognizing the tx.

More
11 Jan 2014 20:24 #18377 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Updating firmware on 7E

rbe2012 wrote: USB cable is what has to be used - AFAIK the UP02 is only used for some receivers.

and for the Devo 7 (which is not deViation compatible) also... but of course not for the Devo 7e

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
11 Jan 2014 21:37 #18380 by hogan

rbe2012 wrote: USB cable is what has to be used - AFAIK the UP02 is only used for some receivers.
And the "STM32 device in dfu mode" is correct - the DFuse-tool will recognize it. Maybe you have to install the stm32 driver downloaded with the dfuse tool. Sometimes it will help to plug off all other USB devices for recognizing the tx.

That was the only thing plugged in the USB ports, tried 5 different cables starting with the one that came with it. Let me keep on trying and will report back.
thanks

More
11 Jan 2014 22:09 #18382 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Updating firmware on 7E
Hi, I made one of the videos on updating the firmware.
You want to use the USB cable that came with the Devo 7e.
Sometimes when you install the DFuse-tool sotware (I had to do this before with Windows 7 32bit) you have to manually install the drivers. When you install the DFuse-tool it installs 32bit and 64 bit drivers here: C:/Program Files/devention Upgrade Tools/Driver/x64 x86

More
12 Jan 2014 01:03 #18392 by hogan
SUccess! What I did was download the UP02 program, which was not what I wanted. Figured it out, and running 4.01. Can tell I am not a computer guy. Thanks!

More
12 Jan 2014 15:54 #18416 by hogan
how does one change the pitch curve on the 7E? It was pretty easy on the original program but I can't find it anywhere on the 4.0.1 version.

More
12 Jan 2014 17:25 - 12 Jan 2014 17:27 #18425 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Updating firmware on 7E
download the manual from here >> deviationtx.com/repository/Documentation/ (devo 10 version for the 7e) and have a read through it, it will help you learn to use the advanced gui, or if you prefer to use the standard gui which is what you are used to, from the main screen press the ent button and choose 'model menu' then 'model setup' and in there look for 'mixer gui' and change it from advanced to standard. this will return the setup pages to what you know
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 17:27 by HappyHarry.

More
12 Jan 2014 17:38 #18430 by Tom Z
If you want to edit a current model like one you download on this site
and want to make some changes.

Main Menu
1. Model Menu
2. Mixer
Scroll down to what you want to edit and select it.

Changing the mixer gui on a current model you are using will reset the model which I assume will clear all the settings you had.

More
12 Jan 2014 17:45 #18432 by hogan
I am still getting my Super CP slamming down when I let of the throttle. Prior to updating, I had it working good but now with 4.0.1 I am back to it and not sure where to go to fix it.

More
12 Jan 2014 18:18 - 12 Jan 2014 18:31 #18435 by Tom Z
You have negative pitch in the lower throttle positions.
If you don't want any negative pitch in the lower throttle position you want to have these settings for pitch normal mode:

7 point pitch curve: 0,0,0,0,33,66,100
5 point pitch curve: 0,0,0,50,100

If you want you can export the model from your Tx and post it and I will take a look at it.

Also I have v4 models posted you can install and fly for the Super CP.
You can also use the model as a starting point and customize the settings to your preference.

deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/1665...rs-beginner-settings

deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/1687...rs-standard-settings
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 18:31 by Tom Z.

More
12 Jan 2014 18:53 #18438 by hogan
yep, was on the 7 point and started at -100. Let the batteries charge, tinker with it and see what happens.
thanks for you help Mr. GuRu!

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds