Error message when i try accessing my pitch curves

More
25 Jan 2014 22:33 - 25 Jan 2014 23:59 #19111 by SilasM16
So as you all probavly know, i just downloaded this program for my devo 7e. I love it so far! Im in standard mode for now and i set up my pitch curves last night. When i went to open up the pitch curves today though, this message came up:

"Invalid Model ini!"

Whats wrong with it?
Last edit: 25 Jan 2014 23:59 by SilasM16.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Jan 2014 08:22 #19135 by rbe2012
Can you post your modelXX.ini you used? It is very likely an error or a compatibility issue therein.

More
31 Jan 2014 02:10 - 31 Jan 2014 02:13 #19453 by Rkozak99
Hi. I'm getting the same error in a similar situation. I created a new standard gui model from the Heli/Standard template and started updating settings. When I got to the pitch curves menu it displayed "invalid model ini!" I've attached the model ini.
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Jan 2014 02:13 by Rkozak99.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
31 Jan 2014 07:46 #19476 by rbe2012
There is another thread concerning the same problem:
Blade nano cpx Deviation 8s
I think there is something strange with evaluating the mixers, but I never went deep into mixer programming so I am not really able to find the error.
My first guesses:
- FMODE switch positions counted wrong - doesn't seem so
- TH switch status calculated wrong - didn't manage to verify
- model config not completely cleared when switching to standard gui - not verified

Someone should file a ticket on bitbucket.

More
31 Jan 2014 09:37 - 31 Jan 2014 10:26 #19482 by linux-user
Last edit: 31 Jan 2014 10:26 by linux-user.

More
31 Jan 2014 14:19 #19488 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Error message when i try accessing my pitch curves
I'll be honest, I don't quite understand it. But if you change the safety to '! RUD DR0' instead of 'RUD DR1' the issue will go away. The easiest way to do this is to go to 'Switch Assign' and press 'ENT' which will reset theswitches properly.
I will need step-by-step instructions for you how you got into the current state to be able to actually fix the bug though, since I can't seem to create a model with this situation.

More
31 Jan 2014 14:39 #19490 by Tom Z
I just took a currnet model of mine which was made in the Advanced Mixer GUI and then selected Standard Mixer GUI. I got a message that the model will be reset. When I make a change in the model which is now in Standard then saved it is when things changed. I also now got the message "Invalid model ini!".

I only tried this to see what would happen to the ini file if someone changed my model from Advanced to Standard.
I am telling people not to change my models Mixer GUI mode which are all Advanced and if they do they will have to start all over with the settings. Trying this myself I see the model ini has kept a lot of my settings and changed a lot of them.

Here is a post of mine with the model in Advanced Mixer GUI and after it was changed then saved in Standard Mixer GUI.

deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questio...x-deviation-8s#19469

More
31 Jan 2014 14:54 #19491 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Error message when i try accessing my pitch curves
I've explained the cause for that in the other thread.
This is the part I don't fully understand:

I'm getting the same error in a similar situation. I created a new standard gui model from the Heli/Standard template and started updating settings. When I got to the pitch curves menu it displayed "invalid model ini!" I've attached the model ini.

I suppose if he had an old model loaded before switching to Standard, that it could be the same issue TomZ was seeing (which is now fixed in the trunk).

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds