DEVIATION 8s, Lost all models below 8

More
28 Feb 2014 22:08 #21002 by glpdrum
Replied by glpdrum on topic DEVIATION 8s, Lost all models below 8
Are you saying do use model 9 because of my earlier mistake of removing model 9 or is that simply an example?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2014 22:38 - 28 Feb 2014 22:52 #21004 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic DEVIATION 8s, Lost all models below 8
Just an example
It is essential that all files (model1.ini to model30.ini) are there, and that they are named exactly like this:
model1.ini
model2.ini
model3.ini

As soon as one is missing, the TX wont show the models with the higher numbers.
That's why I suggested to rename TomZ's files on the PC and copy them afterwards to the TX.
Last edit: 28 Feb 2014 22:52 by linux-user.

More
28 Feb 2014 22:42 #21005 by glpdrum
This is Fun!! NOT.
Did exactly what you said and understand your thinking.
I loaded 1 and 9, both models are on the radio BUT! The throttle is at 11% on 1 and 3% on 9 and both models have all the switch indicators on? FO-MO-E!!-A!!-R!!,, There all lit. Also the other model #'s while on the pc are numbered correctly, on the radio they say 2NONE-3NONE-4NONE,etc,etc,etc.

More
28 Feb 2014 23:10 - 28 Feb 2014 23:13 #21008 by linux-user
Replied by linux-user on topic DEVIATION 8s, Lost all models below 8

glpdrum wrote: Also the other model #'s while on the pc are numbered correctly, on the radio they say 2NONE-3NONE-4NONE,etc,etc,etc.

The naming of the files (model1.ini, model2.ini ...) has nothing to do with the names you can give them on your TX.
2NONE-3NONE-4NONE simply means that you haven't assigned a name yet.
Nothing wrong there.

These file-names (model1.ini, model2.ini ...) determine the order your TX is showing them.
Last edit: 28 Feb 2014 23:13 by linux-user.

More
01 Mar 2014 08:55 #21016 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic DEVIATION 8s, Lost all models below 8
What may help you glpdrum is something I do & perhaps others here. Get a fresh install done with all the default files and don't touch any ... yet. Then grab TomZ and any other models you may want and dump them in the /template directory - not the /models directory, you can leave them named as is on this forum or name something you want as long as they end on .ini and not .txt have these loaded on the tx in the /template directory. Then disconnect the tx from the pc.

Switch the tx on, you should be at the first model which should be empty (not set up) as its a fresh install. Go into setup and then in the "Model Setup" menu on the tx use the "Template" option to bring one of the the templates you loaded and want for that model. Then its a matter of setting the protocol and tailoring any other settings to your flavor. The template will always be there to use again and again for similar models.

I use templates a lot to store many of my models as a kind of backup. Once I have fine tuned a model and layout to my liking I then save a copy in my /templates naming the file what I want with the .ini extension, kinda my own type of backup as such, then when setting up new similar models I use my own templates for shortcutting the setup quickly to my liking.

So when you get going and end up with some model settings you like and have tailored to your taste, save those modelXX.ini in your templates for easy access should you ever need to set up a similar model ... bearing in mind once in the /template directory you can change the filename.

Adelaide

More
01 Mar 2014 12:13 #21018 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic DEVIATION 8s, Lost all models below 8

glpdrum wrote: This is Fun!! NOT.
Did exactly what you said and understand your thinking.
I loaded 1 and 9, both models are on the radio BUT! The throttle is at 11% on 1 and 3% on 9 and both models have all the switch indicators on? FO-MO-E!!-A!!-R!!,, There all lit. Also the other model #'s while on the pc are numbered correctly, on the radio they say 2NONE-3NONE-4NONE,etc,etc,etc.

I think you really need to read the manual. Do it.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
01 Mar 2014 17:46 #21035 by glpdrum
I've read the manual.
May be it might be misunderstood that this is the first time I'm using the firmware. It's not. The TX in question has been running devo and dsmx protocols for months. I"m aware the files must end in .ini I have loaded many models that have all worked until yesterday. I install a newly downloaded models folder and two new models that do not work. The reason I posted on the forum is this simply makes no sense. If I manually load a standard GUI and set up a model the TX works fine. If I load a new model in Advanced GUI the models do not work. Also for some reason the power voltage goes up and down only on the advanced models, not on the standard? New find,, Any change on the pc erases a manually input model on the TX.

More
02 Mar 2014 03:08 - 02 Mar 2014 03:08 #21061 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic DEVIATION 8s, Lost all models below 8
You may have more than one issue, but for this part "Any change on the pc erases a manually input model on the TX." could be tell tale, what program are you using to edit/change the .ini file and is it set up with the correct line endings, there really is a distinct possibility that after editing on a pc it changes the file to modelxx.ini.txt or screws the line endings or both. What parts of the modelxx.ini file are you changing on the pc, also are you changing any of the configuration and layout .ini files as well on the pc? Could you post one or more of the .ini files that no longer work on the tx after being changed on the pc.

Adelaide
Last edit: 02 Mar 2014 03:08 by stevecox.

More
02 Mar 2014 03:35 #21064 by glpdrum
After about six attempts of totally deleting all files and reinstalling them I got my models to work. This problem started with DSMX for blade helicopters. I've loaded several of Tom's nano CPX models and cannot get this thing to fly at all. After getting all my models loaded all my Walkera Models work fine with the exception of trim settings for my lady bird will not change. I've gone from black screen on the TX, too garbled screens on the TX, to the TX working correctly. Once I loaded my original model folder and all my modesl showed up I stopped loading models. At this point I'm happy flying the devo protocol and not terribly concerned with the DSMX protocol. I did go through the steps to put the radio back to original Devos settings and it was unsuccessful. On that issue I'm not concerned because I want the deviation software/firmware. The fact that it will not allow me to change trim on the previous model does not concern me, because at this point I'm happy the radio is controlling the heli's I fly the most.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds