language over my head

More
15 Jul 2014 17:27 #24597 by Chris13
language over my head was created by Chris13
I just received a devo 8s Transmitter with the hope of using it on my Blade and Walkera Helicopters. I have limited computer skills and found that I can't figure out how to load the models. I followed the instruction on how to load deviation and that went fine. I went to u tube to watch a tutorial on loading model info and tried to follow step by step which ended up in total confusion. I have attempted to download model data on to my desk top but their is no content when I try to open the files. The deviation menus screens are so differant than devo That I don't know what I'm looking at. Is their some very simple way to get set up for basic flight with out being a computer geek?
Also is " model data " just an icon or everything you need to fly? Chris Goelz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2014 21:49 #24876 by Blayd
Replied by Blayd on topic language over my head
Hi Chris.

It can be alittle daunting to get started, and support here isnt exactly very quick, sometimes. Quick replies usually are dealing with software issues and bugs and the like..
If you want, maybe I can help you along, although I am no expert. I do fly 4 heli's on Deviation right now, but it took alot of experimenting to get things worked out, on my own, which also was a very slow education as well.
I set all my heli's up from scratch, in the interface in the Tx, I didnt use any pre-made templates.
Let me know, maybe I can get you started.

Devo 8S
Trex500ESP
Trex500ESP (Belted tail)
HC500SE
Trex700N2E

More
29 Jul 2014 10:05 #24885 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic language over my head
Hi Chris,

Ok, let's see what we can do for you. In theory, it's easy, but everything is easy once you know how.

First question: what OS are you using on your PC? Explicit instructions for the Mac are liable to confuse a Windows user, and vice versa. And don't get me started on Linux.

You might also post the URL for the video you watched. I'm not sure what you mean by "Model data", and that might clear that up. You don't need anything but the ".ini" file, but some of the files posted here include a graphics image as well, which the 8s will use.

Finally, can you attach the files you're trying to load? Just to make sure that you've got the right files.

Given that, I can probably right out some more explicit instructions.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds