Devo 12s and NRF24L01 with nightly problem

More
17 Aug 2014 15:42 #25243 by TomPeer
Hello,

last week i got my new devo 12s. I soldered in a A7105 and a NRF24L01 module.
Updated to the latest nightly built and tried it out.
At first everything was ok.
But during the test of the third or fortht heli, i got the message "missing module nrf24l01.
I thought perhaps something went wrong with the soldering, tried all kind of thinks, even resolder some parts. No succes, still the same message.

Somehow i got the idee to change the software, first got to the nightly of july, same message again: missing module.

Then i changed to build 4.0.1 and all was ok.
I changed several times to nightly and 4.0.1, everytime the same thing: Nightly builds gave message missing module and 4.0.1 was ok.

So i am fairly sure the problem lies with the nightly build software for the Devo 12s.

PS i also have a devo 10 with the same modules. This TX works fine with the latest nightly build.

I hope the next nightly for the devo 12 will work.

Thanks for the great work you all doing.

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2014 20:07 #25270 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Devo 12s and NRF24L01 with nightly problem
Hello,

I have to apologize to your guys.
i did double check the soldering but i missed a fault in the wire it self. there was just a small piece of insulation missing, probebly got stuck between something. the miso and mosi could make contact and caused all the trouble.

SORRY SORRY.

it is strange that with stock 4.0.1 it did work, or it didn't make contact then?
however the nightly works fine with devo 12s.

More
20 Aug 2014 13:54 #25308 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 12s and NRF24L01 with nightly problem
4.0.1 didn't check for the presence of the module. The nightlies do more checking, and can thus detect new issues. Those may or may-not cause real problems during flight, depending on the problem.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds