Forum issue with attachments?

More
23 Aug 2014 12:42 #25361 by Arakon
Forum issue with attachments? was created by Arakon
I noticed 2 problems with the forum today.
1) When I attach model configs and bmp files in a thread containing other attachments with the same name, a date is automatically added by the system.. this forces downloaders to rename the files before they can be used. Can that be disabled somehow?
2) I can not click on images that are attached to a thread. I have to right-click on the image link and open in new tab or window to actually view the attached image. The ini will work, but sometimes it opens in the same tab, sometimes it offers to download.
All of this using the most recent release version of Firefox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2014 14:00 #25363 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Forum issue with attachments?
(1) is because filenames must be unique, they are kept in the same upload directory on the server so you can't have duplicates.

I'm sure a simple rename isn't much trouble for anyone, it's like the basic of computer literacy.

(2) works for me, can you throw in a link to a thread with issues?

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
23 Aug 2014 14:45 - 23 Aug 2014 14:47 #25366 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Forum issue with attachments?
2) www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...-with-3x2-switch-mod

If I click on my attachments, it loads something (tab title flickers briefly), but nothing happens. If I right-click and view or save, it works.
I just checked with Chrome, and it works there.. it's like the popup window for the image viewer just doesn't trigger in FF.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2014 14:47 by Arakon.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds