moduleinstallation.pdf still up to date?

More
23 Sep 2014 17:14 #25774 by christx
hello,
i have doubts about some informations contained in the file "moduleinstallation.pdf"
in particular about the array of page 10.
For a XL7105-DO3 and a devo 7e it seems (from other sources see picture attached) that pin 3 and pin 8 on the module should be linked together.
thanks for your attention.
Christophe
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2014 20:43 #25822 by mikemacwillie
Replied by mikemacwillie on topic moduleinstallation.pdf still up to date?
Unfortunately, it isn't really up to date anymore. Depending on which firmware you're using, there are 2 different ways to connect the A7105 module with respect to the TX and RX enable pins.

More
26 Sep 2014 23:35 #25823 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic moduleinstallation.pdf still up to date?
I recommend this:
It has instructions for both the 4.0.1 and nightly firmware:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleInstallation

More
06 Nov 2014 22:02 - 06 Nov 2014 22:03 #26305 by auceto
Replied by auceto on topic moduleinstallation.pdf still up to date?
Hi PhracturedBlue,
thanks for this biiiig job above all

I'm waiting for my cc2500-PA-LNA module and I'm studing on your bitbucked page how to do the connections on Devo 10 with 4.0.1 firmware installed but I've some question for you:

1) in the note at the botton of cc2500-PA-LNA image you say: "connect 9->3.3V and 10->GND..."

Do It mean that I have to solder thoghether (jump) with a wire the pin 9 with 1 and pin 10 with 6?

2) in the sheet "moduleinstallation" published on Deviation site at the end, in the step5 paragraph, is written:
1 edit the tx.ini file....
- using TMS:'A13'
- using TCK: 'A14'

Is this a valid step yet?

Last little question: in the tx.ini file this line are written but with a semicolon before:

have I to delete semicolon or the radio software do it for me?

Thanks a lot for reply
Last edit: 06 Nov 2014 22:03 by auceto.

More
07 Nov 2014 20:07 #26312 by mwm
1) No, that's not what that means. Any jumpers required are listed on the module list page at bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/wiki/ModuleList For the CC25500-PA-LAN. For that module on 4.0.1, it looks like you need 5-10 and 7-9.

Since the nightlies apparently don't require those jumpers, I'd recommend going to the nightlies. I had to to get support for them MultiModule, and that seems to work at least as well as 4.0.1.

2) Yes, you still have to indicate which line you've connect your module to.

3) Yes. The semicolon starts a comment.

Note that I'm also waiting on parts (need the antenna lead for the CC2500), but I'm using the multimodule with the A7105 and nrf24l01 on it. I'd recommend doing a multimodule install instead of a single module, even for a single module. The module build is trivial (all through hole soldering), so the hardest part is the module install. That requires one extra wire. If you go ahead and solder on the sockets for the other modules while building the multimodule, installing another module then requires no soldering.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Nov 2014 00:22 - 08 Nov 2014 00:31 #26317 by auceto
Thank you very much for reply,

but I don't understand:
yes of course in the column notes is written: "Connect 5->10 and 7->9 (*)"

but the (*) at the bottom of the aliexpress cc2500-pa-lna photo is written:

*4.0.1 and earlier: Connect 9->3.3v and 10->GND. Leave 5 and 7 floating

So, I'm Italian and maybe I do not understand well english language, but the * for me means that the version 4.0.1 and previous version have to apply the first jump between 9 and 1 (3,3V) and the second one between 10 and 6 (gnd) and leave free, without any connections, the pin 5 and 7.

Why do you say it is wrong?

I do not want use nightly version for now and I've just buy the cc2500 module so for now I dont' intent to buy another one.

Sorry this is not a critic of your response but it is usefull to me to better understand to avoid any mistakes.

then I will be very grateful if you guide me in this mod.

at last: if I do some mistake what happen? What is the risk of an error?
Something will not work or I may burn the tx

Thank you again
Last edit: 08 Nov 2014 00:31 by auceto.

More
08 Nov 2014 07:05 - 08 Nov 2014 07:05 #26318 by mwm
I said it's wrong because I misread the comment above the table. I got the sense backwards - the table is for post-4.0.1, whereas I thought the opposite. Sorry about that.

So if you're not going to run the nightlies, you won't need to install those two jumpers - do what the note under the image says.

I'd expect you'll have to go back and put them on later.

My advice was what I discovered after going to the multimodule. I would have installed the second module a lot earlier if I had done that instead of just installing a 7105, and been flying a wider range of aircraft. But it's just advice and worth every pfenning you paid for it, so I'm not bothered if you don't follow it.

There are a number of ways you can fry things if you screw up making the connections: static electricity, overheating a component, inadvertent shorts, etc. Assuming you avoid those I don't think you can really hurt your Tx, though connecting power to the ground line on your CC2500 could well burn that up. But as I just demonstrated, I'm no expert.

Last edit: 08 Nov 2014 07:05 by mwm. Reason: fix bbcodes

More
08 Nov 2014 08:24 #26323 by auceto
Don't worry for the mistake, mwm;

the important thing is that now I have the right informations and some of my doubts are more clearer.

I thank you for the suggestion about the universale module, but as I said, for now I don't need this because I have only 3 heli at the moment: 2 with specktrum protocol and 1 with skyartec. In the near future I would like to have a the Assault 450 from HK that have an Orange receiver with the same specktrum protocol.

I've an idea
If I draw a schema for this connections you may take a look, validate (or not) the schema and so this discussion may become more usefull for the others that, as me, have to do this mod. In the net I don't find pictures on Devo 10 connections, only on 7 or 8.

Are you in accord with this?

More
08 Nov 2014 21:36 - 08 Nov 2014 21:38 #26324 by mwm
Like I said, I've only done the A7105 and multimodule installs. I don't think my looking at your CC2500 connections would help very much.

The two sides of the connections are independent of each other. You connect to your CC2500 the same no matter what Tx you are connecting to, and you connect to the Tx the same for all the modules except the multimodule (it needs one extra connection). Here's a Devo 10 7105 install with pictures.

I understand where you are coming from with not wanting to do the multimodule, as you are using the exact same logic I did when I installed my A7105. I had two FrSky protocol 'copters, some Blade copters using DSM, and a Walkera copter, so I figured I only needed the one module. But after installing it, I really didn't want to go through the hassle of installing a second module, and chose not to buy some really desirable aircraft to avoid having to do that. Which is why I now think I made a mistake.

Last edit: 08 Nov 2014 21:38 by mwm. Reason: Published early because of silly UI.

More
09 Nov 2014 13:16 #26330 by auceto
Thanks for the link...

I taked a look but my doubt is for the connections to PCB: in the images that you've posted above; there are only two wire connected on PCB in the pictures TMS and VDD...in the PB bitbucked page he said three: TMS, VDD and GND....

The GND in bitbucket is soldered on PCB while in the moduleinstallation pdf published on devo site the GND is on the CYRF6936. For me it's the same, but I would be sure before start the work.

Thank again

More
10 Nov 2014 07:43 #26334 by mwm
That is indeed correct: ground on the PCB is the same as ground on the CYRF6936. You can connect to whichever is easier. I followed moduleInstallation.pdf for the A7105, then followed bitbucket for the MM - except I reused the ground connection.

Which suggests a second suggestion: instead of soldering the module directly to your Tx, get some mail/female breadboard connectors, cut them in half, and solder one end to the Tx and the other to your module. That will make the work, any repairs, and upgrading later all easier, since you can work on the two parts while they are disconnected.

More
10 Nov 2014 16:49 - 10 Nov 2014 17:18 #26337 by auceto
Thanks a lot for suggestion mwm,

I had already thought of this solution to avoid making welds on the pcb in the future...

The module is arriving...and the pieces of the puzzle are going to the right position

When I find time to do this mod and If you do not hear a big bang and you will not see the atomic mushroom, it means that it went well. Only then will post the wiring diagram for those who need it.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2014 17:18 by auceto.

More
16 Nov 2014 21:20 - 16 Nov 2014 21:22 #26432 by auceto
Now for anybody that have doubts to mount Cc2500 module on Devo 10 with 4.0.1 firmware installed:

This isn't a tech schema but only to clarify the doubts.
I mounted the module and binded with wasp x3v hely and it fly great.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2014 21:22 by auceto.

More
19 Mar 2016 21:14 #44838 by tammo
Replied by tammo on topic moduleinstallation.pdf still up to date?
Hi

Can anyone confirm if the above schematic is still valid for the latest nightly build? I'm addding a CC2500 module to a Devo 10.

Thanks!

More
19 Mar 2016 22:02 #44840 by mwm
4.0.1 and the nightly build use different connections. I'm not sure the PDF in the title is up to date for the nightly - I'm not sure it has the CC2500 connections.

Click on "Links" on the left, then click on "Module installation" for the official module installation guide. It doesn't have a pretty diagram for that specific CC2500, but does have pin layout diagrams and wiring instructions for all supported modules.

More
19 Mar 2016 23:32 #44847 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic moduleinstallation.pdf still up to date?
For the Nightly Builds it is like this:

Attachments:

More
21 Mar 2016 13:47 #44923 by Tschosef
Replied by Tschosef on topic moduleinstallation.pdf still up to date?
@ all...

thank you for this Topic :-) i think it will help me...

greez
Erich

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds