Signal Resolution of Deviation

More
07 Oct 2014 14:44 #25991 by richardclli
Signal Resolution of Deviation was created by richardclli
Just wanna know what is the signal resolution of deviation. Can anybody give some comments? I figured that some radio has 256 levels while some states to have 2048 levels. Just want to know what is Deviation's resolution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2014 00:59 #25998 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Signal Resolution of Deviation
Just studied a bit about the MCU, the sticks input are decoded by 12-bit A/D converter, which means the hardware supports 4096 levels resolution. How about the software and protocols?

More
21 Oct 2014 01:09 #26119 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Signal Resolution of Deviation
Since nobody give any answers, I tried to dig into the source code to get some ideas. It seems that the source from the A/D can give 4096 levels resolutions and the code uses a 16-bit integer (correct me if I am wrong) for mixing calculation. So I think the 4096 levels resolution may be able to preserve well.

But what about the output? What kind of resolution of each protocol supports? I do not have any ideas by now.

As a matter of fact that many expensive remote controller state their resolution as a selling point. I would like to get some evident that Deviation has the same, or even better resolution. :)

More
26 Nov 2015 09:20 #40400 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Signal Resolution of Deviation
Old topic, I was searching for resolution/accuracy of sticks found this, I find that my sticks of devo 7e are not that great spot on dead center, seems some tolerances and a bit of jittering around?
I find the pot's used for sticks are very tiny and possibly not the best for high resolution? Although have not find really complaints on wear out 7e sticks or pots or resolution issues or people who have been replacing improving them...

More
14 Aug 2019 14:11 #74874 by Trpratt
Replied by Trpratt on topic Signal Resolution of Deviation
I just wanted to add to this since it’s the only topic on here that addresses the resolution of the deviation txs. It seems dsmx always uses 2048 so at the very least all these controllers must support 2048, which is usually what the mid to high end txs advertise. I found this while reading an interesting pdf horizon hobby provides giving all the dsmx technical specifications in order to help third parties who are making dsmx compatible tx’s. Here’s the quote and link if anyone’s interested,

Page 5 “Note that the internal remote provides the key for proper utilization of the data streaming from all remotes. All remotes are in 1024 mode, or all remotes are in 2048 mode.
The 14-byte data packet is either 1024 or 2048 servo data. DSM2/22 is the only 1024 packet; all others use 2048.”

www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/Remote...facing%20Rev%20A.pdf

The pdf as a whole might even be useful for anyone into deviation programming since it was published 2016 and I know deviation came well before that.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds