qr x350 pro - problems since replacing controller

More
16 Oct 2014 00:51 #26091 by eflemi11
Hi all, a newbie here and to flying quads. Had a crash and needed to replace the devo 7 m onboard controller. However now, and even after doing a firmware update to current, the quad will no longer hold in hover or return home. In fact it flys at speed in a Westerly direction each time I flick the relevant switch. I do the pre flight compass and gps setup.

question 1. because I changed the controller with an original do I still need to setup it up with my devo 7.
2. should I be getting a timer reading on the display?
3. it flys fine until I try to return home on auto or auto hover.

Please help

Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2014 04:00 #26092 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic qr x350 pro - problems since replacing controller
sounds like your problem lies most likely in the compass beings it wants to fly away when you select a flight mode that relies on the compass for orientation...also could be a GPS issue as well...double and triple check the connections on both the compass and the gps to see if there is any thing that doesn't look or feel rite...did you remove the compass or gps at any time during the rebuild? i had a qrx and from what i remember the compass is easily installed upside down which could be the problem...

More
16 Oct 2014 06:31 #26094 by eflemi11
I did remove all...down to the main board, leaving the speed controllers in situ. I forgot to mention I played with MP since the rebuild and just prior to my wayward flights. MP was before I reflashed to v1.1 (but I cant flash to v1.5). One would think though flashing would override any of the MP writings to the controller. Or is that just to simple to think about??

More
16 Oct 2014 07:30 #26095 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic qr x350 pro - problems since replacing controller
You didn't do any firmware updates using Mission planner did you? From what i remember on the RCG site it does not work updating the controller using MP it does something really weird to it...also don't use the terminal in mp it can cause all kinds of things to go wrong from what i remember, its been a while back when i read about it...perhaps jump over to the RCG thread and the guys there can help you sort it out...i removed the controller in mine and replaced it with a apm and it flew well until one of the motor ripped thru the mount causing a crash i have since retired it and moved on to better frames ect... mostly scratch built wood frames..

More
16 Oct 2014 07:35 #26096 by magic_marty
If all you did was change some of the Parameters with mp it should be fine i think its the firmware update with mp that wrecks the walkera controller...perhaps you accidentally rolled the compass parameter making the controller think the compass is mounted 0 degrees ? on my apm setup i had to set the compass to 180 degrees cause on the qrx the compass chip is mounted upside down...

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds