Deviation does it work with the GPRO ALIGN module?

More
17 Dec 2014 10:06 #27063 by saidem
Hello,
How does the protocol deviation run? I wonder if when active eg DSMX Protocol on Devo with it transforms the RX RX802 coding or if everything happens in the TX and in which part?
In fact, and as it's mostly my question is what a flybarless GPRO Align module using DSM2 / DSMX / DSMJ / DMSS runs with a RX802 or RX702 with Walkera TX Deviation?
Could you tell me, please, where can I find informations.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2014 12:44 - 17 Dec 2014 12:58 #27065 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Deviation does it work with the GPRO ALIGN module?
If you use a Walkera RX like RX802 or RX702 the RX and sender use the DEVO protocol.

So no DSM2 / DSMX / DSMJ / DMSS is involved.

If you do NOT use a STANDALONE Walkera receiver (connected all servo ports to GPro) but choose to use a compatiable DSM2/DSMx satellite DIRECTLY CONNECTED to Gpro, the Spektrum protocol from sender to Gpro will be DSM2 or DSMx (if Gpro supports DSMx?). No Devo protocol!

DeviationTX does NOT support JR DSMJ or DSMSS protocols as far as I know - as stated on www.deviationtx.com start website.

Best to connect a standalone RX to a FBL module would be a SUM signal, e.g SBUS (one cable only). GPro seems to support Futaba SBus.
LemonRX and OrangeRX receivers support that as well as some FrSky receivers.
FrSky needs a CC2500 HF module. Does not work out-of-the-box. Limited support in nightly-build (head/standard), not V4.01 stable branch.

Doesn't Spektrum RX support SUM signals only over a satellite? Are there any receivers?

So the simplest / best FHSS route for you might be a DSMx satellite, directly connected to GPro and choosing DSMx in DeviationTX firmware model setup. Or you might try the FrSky way with external HF-module on nightly-build head/default.

saidem wrote: How does the protocol deviation run?

C source code, direct protocol implementation.

saidem wrote: I wonder if when active eg DSMX Protocol on Devo with it transforms the RX RX802 coding or if everything happens in the TX and in which part?

DeviationTX firmware directly speaks DSM2/DSMx and others, so it can control the HF-module chip.
It does not have to transform the Devo protocol.
It only uses the Devo protocol if you setup a Devo RX.

If you can - avoid DSM2. It is DSSS - two channels - no FHSS like DSMx.
Devo is DSSS with three channels. No true FHSS.

I would only run 100mw (>10mw) with the DeviationTX firmware on a true FHSS protocol like DSMx in Germany, etc. no Devo protocol.
Laws in your country may tell you.
You better check that before using Devo DSSS if you are allowed to use >10mw HF settings.

How many DSMx satellites can you connect to GPro? One?
Depending on carbon frame with the heli and the heli size one satellite might be too less?

Greetings

Thomas
Last edit: 17 Dec 2014 12:58 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
18 Dec 2014 21:21 #27084 by saidem
Hello and thank you very much for your reply.
If I only use the satellite for a helicopter 450, without the receiver, is there will crash risks?
In the case of operation with a receiver in addition a satellite, how should we put them on the helicopter?
How does the protocol Deviation work? Actually what I want to know is How does Deviation to activate the different protocols. And also how do a transmitter and a receiver work, what are the different processes between the sticks and the antenna (floors)?
Thank you, goodbye.

More
20 Dec 2014 01:35 - 20 Dec 2014 01:37 #27092 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Deviation does it work with the GPRO ALIGN module?

saidem wrote: If I only use the satellite for a helicopter 450, without the receiver, is there will crash risks?

www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=662347

Seems other use just one.

GPro supports two?
Just like Spektrum AR8000, AR6210, which use differet orientiations for less antenna fades.

saidem wrote: In the case of operation with a receiver in addition a satellite, how should we put them on the helicopter?

What receiver?
You can not use both - GPro receiver (e.g Walkera) AND GPro Dsmx satellite!

But of course you can use a DSMx Spektrum receiver which supports a DSMx satellite where only the RX is connected with all servo wires to GPro.
You might want to check LemonRX Sbus then.

saidem wrote: How does the protocol Deviation work? Actually what I want to know is How does Deviation to activate the different protocols.

You better ask a core developer.
Just take a look at the source.
Different layers (like protocol) which talk to the HF boards.
Other HF boards have to be soldered to the pins of the main board and CYF module.

saidem wrote: And also how do a transmitter and a receiver work, what are the different processes between the sticks and the antenna (floors)?

This is more a detailed question for the RC gurus. Hope they answer.

Where do you live? Do you really have plans for the Walkera DSSS 3 channel protocol and to use a Devo sender with 100mw?

Thomas
Last edit: 20 Dec 2014 01:37 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
20 Dec 2014 16:24 #27105 by saidem
Ok and thank you for all your information I will operate, it is really fun to have answers to the questions we ask.
For the general operation of the radio controls I will look elsewhere.
I inquired, the 100mW is allowed in my country.
See you soon.
Friendships. ;)

More
17 Jun 2015 10:50 #34213 by Thomas.Heiss
Spirit System FBL supports now "Spektrum SRXL" (9 channel DSMx receiver + satellites) as of Spirit firmware version 1.2.0.
As does BeastX Plus/Pro support "Spektrum SRXL".

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds