Using Devo 10 with E-flite Apprentice 15s

More
02 Feb 2015 20:00 #28366 by Baranski
The question is how to use devo 10 transmitter with e-flite dsmx as3x safe receiver. The transmitter and receiver seems to be very strict to channel order.
And of course what would be expected range for such a setting.

Regards Janusz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2015 18:02 #32259 by Cyber
Replied by Cyber on topic Using Devo 10 with E-flite Apprentice 15s
Ya I too would like to know this as well, I got it to work with other models but this one :unsure:

More
09 May 2015 03:04 #32280 by mwm
My Sport Cub S config ought to work with any other AS3X fixed wing aircraft. And yes, it's for a devo 10. The linked post explains how the controls are set up.

All micro aircraft are really strict about channel order. They have an integrated all-in-one Rx/Flight control/ESC/Servo board, so you can't change the channel order by re-arranging the Rx outputs to match. Since they want you to use their Tx's, those also assume that channel order, and there's usually no way to change that on them. So even their larger RTF aircraft, with standard Rx modules, will come with them set up for their Tx's, and the integrated flight controller/Rx boards will assume that same channel order.

Range should be as good as a Spektrum Tx. As always, you should range test things before actually flying. On 4.0.1, this means going to the model config page, setting the power down to 100uW, and then making sure you still have a good connection at 30 meters. Make sure you reset the model to 100mW. You should then be good for a range of a kilometer or so.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 May 2015 09:43 #32291 by Cyber
Think you soooo much for the model , I just loaded it into the devo 10E and every thing is working now cant wait tell tomorrow to test flight it and i like the idea of having a th-hold on my Apprentices. I only have had this TX for about 24 hr's and was really trying to soak up everything about how to set this thing up lol and then you pop in to safe the day that's awesome!!!! Ill let you know how it gos and once again THINKS!!!!

More
09 May 2015 22:00 #32319 by Cyber
Yep i went flying today and sure enough it flew just fine !!! no prob.....I got it upside down and hit the panic button ( GEAR ) and right side up she went i dove from about 300 ft straight towards the ground and hit the panic switch ( GEAR ) and she shot straight and leveled out so its working perfectly with the apprentices s15e....!!!

Once Again Thank You for The Model.ini file ( Works GREAT!!! )

More
10 May 2015 01:15 #32320 by mwm
If you're interested in learning how to set up models, try reading through my model config tutorial . It walks you through my 200QX setup. That's similar to the Sport Cub S in setting flight modes, except that the 200QX doesn't have a Panic button, so I simulate it in the transmitter. While that works fine for 'copters, I'm not sure how well it would work for fixed wing..

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 May 2015 05:04 #32377 by Cyber
Ok sounds good I will

Thanks....

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds