Help setting channels, Devo10 R800X and Pixhawk

More
04 Feb 2015 12:54 #28397 by Aussie in AZ
Please be gentle, I have been flying quads for about a year but they have been plug’n’play. I have now put together a very awesome Tarot 690s Hex as my first build.
I have a Devo 10 that I have installed the Deviation firmware on and can’t, for love nor money, figure out how to set the channels to play nice with the Orange D800X receiver and 3DR Pixhawk on my rig.
If I select Advanced on the GUI it seems to have less options than the Standard GUI. This seems strange to me but I digress.
Has anyone put together a tutorial or video that they can point me in the direction of so I can watch and follow along setting up channels and their corresponding outputs?
I have tried switching channels in the Mission Planner “Advanced settings” but it doesn’t seem to be working.
I would like to use all 8 available channels with the Pixhawk if possible.
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2015 19:01 #28400 by mwm
The standard GUI has options for dealing with standard aircraft types. These are comparable to proprietary firmware - easy to use so long as what you want to do is in them. The advanced GUI doesn't have much in the way of preconfigured options, but allows you to do a lot more if you know what you want.

Quick summary: each channel gets a mixer, with a variety of types available. The most general form is the complex mixer, as the others are just subsets of it. It can include arbitrarily many mixes, which are processed in order. Each mix can have it's own source (stick inputs, switch values, or the output of any channel), curve, scale & offset, a switch (which can also be a channel) that enables or disables it, and a control for how it is combined with the output of the previous mixes. Details are in the manual. Beyond that, you need the tutorial you asked for.

If you search the forums, there are some general tutorials, plus tutorials explaining how various advanced mixes (like the sticky throttle hold) work. I wrote a tutorial on setting up a Devo 10 for Phoenix that shows how to use a switch to alternate between an aircraft and helicopter config in the same model, and provides fairly complete versions of each. It's a bit dated as the flight sim has had a number of updates since then, but the deviation information is still current.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Feb 2015 13:01 #28412 by Aussie in AZ
Replied by Aussie in AZ on topic Help setting channels, Devo10 R800X and Pixhawk
Thank you for getting back to me MWM.
I will check out your tutorial/s this weekend and see if I can make some sense of it in my pea brain.
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds