My 7E broke mid flight

More
09 Feb 2015 01:06 #28480 by Lambert050584
My 7E broke mid flight was created by Lambert050584
So I am kind of freaking out because everything I have to fly, I used my 7E to fly it.
But the other day I was flying my Master CP, and middle of the flight my throttle stick snap the plastic that it inserts in to, and my heli of course went fricking crazy on me. I ended up crashing and snapped my swash plate and a part of my battery rack...that's fine I have the parts to replace those items. :(
What I can't find is the parts to fix my DEVO 7E. Does anyone know where I can get parts to fix this? I am well capable of doing it myself as I own a Computer repair business ( facebook.com/lolcomputer ) but I just cant seem to find parts. PLEASE HELP...I need to fly, plus my girlfriend says I am apparently an ass when I don't fly.

Thanks,
Chris

Here are Pics...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2015 01:06 - 10 Feb 2015 01:09 #28521 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic My 7E broke mid flight
You probably won't be able to get a replacement for the cheap-ass plastic sticks on the 7E. You shouldn't want to. None of the other Walkera Tx's uses those things. The first thing I did was replace those with something that didn't suck, and it made a 100% improvement in the feel of the transmitter.

Futaba sticks will work on the Devo transmitters. Your LHS may have them if you want them in a hurry. Otherwise, you can probably find them at your favorite web store for hobby stuff.

To get a replacement for the thing the stick screws into, walkera-parts.com is a good place for Walkera parts in general. A bit hard to find stuff on them, but I got replacement switches for my Devo 10 from them

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 10 Feb 2015 01:09 by mwm.

More
12 Feb 2015 18:59 #28604 by Lambert050584
Replied by Lambert050584 on topic My 7E broke mid flight
If you don't mind me asking where did you get your replacement parts from? I would like for my 7E to suck as less as possible. Thanks

More
13 Feb 2015 02:34 - 13 Feb 2015 02:42 #28619 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic My 7E broke mid flight
I ordered my sticks from Hobby King. They have them in various colors and shapes as well.

Like I said, if you go to your LHS and ask for Futaba replacement sticks, they are l liable to have them. Given how HK charges for shipping, it may even cost less.

It seems they now have a nice collection of parts, including Tx gimbals. Don't try to replace your busted gimbal with the one from the Turnigy 9XR. Even if it fits and you get it to work, they aren't as good as the one you're replacing. The Taranis gimbal should fit as well they 9XR one, but may require software tweaks to get it to work. It should also be a nice upgrade over the ones in the 7, so get two B) if you go that route.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2015 02:42 by mwm.

More
20 Feb 2015 07:43 #28905 by Lambert050584
Replied by Lambert050584 on topic My 7E broke mid flight
I just wanted to let you know that I got my TX fixed. I actually just fabricated the part myself out of a cheap infrared Tx to a coaxial helicopter.I will post pic later to show you. While I had it open I went ahead and did the long range modification and added 2 more switches to it. B-) It works perfect.

Thanks for the help,
Chris

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds