Presentation and quick issue

More
11 Feb 2015 21:14 - 11 Feb 2015 21:17 #28572 by Epitaph
Presentation and quick issue was created by Epitaph
Hi Guys!!

Just got my Devo 7E in the post today and I am totally in love with it!! First thing I did was install Deviation (V: 4.0.1), and then it was time to put it under the soldering iron. I have installed the module from my old broken V911 and got my V676 working, although I did have an issue with the aileron and elevator controls being the wrong way around (not reversed, but the elevator was the aileron and the aileron was the elevator), downloaded a V252.ini that worked, now I'm trying to learn why it worked. Also did the range mod and tested that with my DSM2 quad, great mod, and also added the two 3 position switches, though I can't get them to work for some reason, have to dig deeper to find out why (maybe I need to add a line in the tx.ini, I don't now yet).

The issue I found is that when I am in the switch assignment menu it tells me to press ENT to change the vale, but the only answer I get from that button is an error beep with a short vibration, and I have to change the value with the R+ and L- buttons, just thought you should know, although it only lets me change between FMOD and HOLD... should the new 3 position switches appear here at all??

Anyway, the work you have done on this firmware is just fantastic!! It's turned this cute little radio into something that can take on even some of the expensive big name brands, yet fits nicely in a bag with a small sloppesoarer for a short trek out in the middle of nowhere. Keep up the good work!!

Lots of love to all from Spain!!

Andrea
Last edit: 11 Feb 2015 21:17 by Epitaph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2015 01:01 #28578 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Presentation and quick issue
OK, I have found several lines of code written all over, and I have saved the 3x2.txt that was published by PhracturedBlue, but I don't know where I am supposed to put it. I though first of all that it just goes in the tx.ini file, but the "format" of what is in the TXT file is totally different from what is in the INI file, it just doesn't look like it belongs there... can anybody help orientate me a little please? I don't know anything about programming, I follow instructions to get things going, and here I seem to be missing a page hehehe

More
12 Feb 2015 01:37 #28580 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Presentation and quick issue
4.0.1 doesn't have support for the extra switches. You have to compile a custom version of that in order to use them. I suspect you actually have the 3x2.patch.txt file, which is patches for the firmware source code to add support for them.

Alternatively, you could install the nightly builds, which also have support for them. They will also give you a new filesystem (which you *must* install) and a "hardware.ini" file that has the setting for the switches in it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
12 Feb 2015 01:43 - 12 Feb 2015 01:44 #28581 by Epitaph
mwm

thanks for that, I actually just found that someone (pesadilla) was having the same issue not knowing how to add them in the configuration, and it was suggested to use the nightly, which I have and lo, they work now!!

Thanks, because if I hadn't had found that info buried then your answer would have set me on the right track. I have them working fine now, I just copied my couple of models back over and reactivated the Flysky module, so all seems to be working great now!!

I'm off to bed now as it's almost 3am here, and tomorrow I'll be digging into how to set up some good Dual Rates with those new switches

Anyway, that strange thing still comes up, that it tells me to press ENT to change the value and all it does is beep and vibrate an error, having to change it with R+ and L-... not really a bug, but the instructions at the top are wrong.

And once again, thank you ever so much
Last edit: 12 Feb 2015 01:44 by Epitaph.

More
12 Feb 2015 02:20 #28582 by Epitaph
Actually, here's a thought...

The 3 position switches in the channel monitor go from 100 to 0 directly. Now, there are numbers between 0 and 100, so, my question... can a pot be used instead of a 3 position switch to have a proportional channel?

Just an idea, for things like flaps, spoilers and stuff like that.

More
12 Feb 2015 11:26 #28591 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Presentation and quick issue
Unfortunately no. The inputs are digital, not analog.

More
12 Feb 2015 15:59 #28600 by mwm
You can fake an extra analog input with two trim buttons. Details are in the last section of my config writing tutorial .

More
13 Feb 2015 00:00 #28610 by Epitaph
Shame... I'm very used to a pretty manual configuring radio but at the same time everything analogue: Multiplex Profi MC3010 (Made in W. Germany, that's how old it is!!), a completely different animal from the Devo with Deviation, it's like having this as my first radio knowing only what everything is supposed to do!!

mwm, thanks for taking the time of writing out this tutorial, it's a GREAT explanation into understanding all the different features. I was trying with the instructions to get things figured out and I ended up learning how to assign switches to channels and DR/Expos literally by playing with the radio, because that's how I generally learn things, but this tutorial you have made is excellent, a great supplement to the Deviation instructions.

More
13 Feb 2015 01:40 #28613 by mwm
You're welcome. You're pretty much exactly who I wrote it for - someone who knows RC but is new to deviationTx.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds