Bind shortcut

More
18 Feb 2015 12:56 #28808 by Epitaph
Bind shortcut was created by Epitaph
Hi there!!

Got my radio working great, worked out how to do a lot of things on it, though I might have some questions for some mixes later on down the road...

I was wondering if it were possible to add on the Main Page Config for the specific models a way to make one of the buttons do the bind directly. So far the closest I can get is shortcutting to the model menu, where you still have to scroll down and click bind, as every time I use the V911 or the V676 I have to go in first and bind it, and this I think would be a nice handy feature if it could be added somehow.

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2015 14:46 #28813 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Bind shortcut
There's no easy way to do this. The best approach is to have the bind id set to None, and then when you power on the Tx it will bind like the V911 Tx's do.

Someone once had code that added that let you configure a switch to do that. This was long enough ago that the trim button code hadn't been suggested yet. So it's possible, and you might make a feature request for it. Or maybe check the old issues to see if there's a patch or pull request for that feature.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
18 Feb 2015 21:24 #28857 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Bind shortcut
HAHAHAHA ok, thanks for that tutorial 101 hahahaha

From what I was reading I had understood that you had to insert a fixed ID for it to bind automatically on start-up, and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't, thinking it was just one of those things that was deeper than just adding an ID, I mean every model profile I have downloaded for the small BNFs had a fixed ID already set, and that made it seem like it was how it was supposed to be, and I was maybe missing something in the tx.ini or something

Thanks for that, just tried it and worked great first time!! Not a day goes past you don't learn something new, and my V911 is getting all the brunt of my learning curve (saving the V911-Pro from getting so damaged) hahahah

Thanks again!!!

More
19 Feb 2015 01:54 #28864 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Bind shortcut
That is funny! Most of my WLToys stuff is old (I got sick of getting things that broken when they came out of the box), and didn't handle a fixed bind id - you had to rebind every time you powered them on. So I figured that was what you were dealing with.

I understand the newer ones - even of older models - now handle it properly.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Feb 2015 12:26 #28884 by Epitaph
I haven't tried it out yet with the V911-Pro, but the V676 for example when it was on fixed ID you could turn the transmitter off once bound, turn it back on and it would rebind. The problem was having to do that initial bind when you turned on the quad. But I don't intend to turn the transmitter off once bound wo I much prefer having it bind automatically on start-up... as long as the correct model is selected that is hehehe.

More
19 Feb 2015 16:42 - 19 Feb 2015 23:55 #28893 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Bind shortcut

mwm wrote: That is funny! Most of my WLToys stuff is old (I got sick of getting things that broken when they came out of the box), and didn't handle a fixed bind id - you had to rebind every time you powered them on. So I figured that was what you were dealing with.

I understand the newer ones - even of older models - now handle it properly.

Some words about V911/V2&Pro....
After a initial bind (fixed ID), the heli binds every time the tx is turned on, even after the fast blinking bind period. :woohoo:
If the tx is turned off/on, it rebinds immediately.

Board Rev 2013.07.26

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 19 Feb 2015 23:55 by aMax.

More
21 Feb 2015 12:07 #28962 by Epitaph
Mine on fixed ID I do the initial bind with the bind button. After, I can turn off and back on the Tx, and it will rebind no problem, but as soon as I take the battery out (or turn it off in the case of the V676) it has to rebind again via the bind button. In conclusion I prefer the dynamic ID, because once I have turned it on, why would I want to turn the Tx off without turning the quad/heli/something off?

The one thing that is getting me a little annoyed is my V939... I can use it direct with my V939 transmitter no problem, I can use it with the V676 microtransmitter no problem direct, I can use the V676 direct with either of those transmitters... but the V939 goes crazy with the Devo where as the V676 goes great!! Basically, with throttle down to minimum, it takes off after the bind and goes backwards/left until it smashes into the first wall it can find. I just can't figure out why I can't get it to go right, yet the V676 goes great, and they both use the same settings (proof being how they can work swapping their own transmitters).

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds