newbie help plse

More
05 May 2015 14:47 #32112 by tetleys
newbie help plse was created by tetleys
Hi all iam a complete newbie to this forum so plse be kind! I would be greatful if anyone could advise me of the following plse. I have an align trex 450 running on 3gxmr and with an align t6 transmitter. I have an align trex 250 running on beast x with speckrum transmitter. I have a wltoys v911 v2 with its own wltoys transmitter. And a wltoys v931 scale heli with its own transmitter. I have 4 seperate transmitters which is not really suitable. I would love to be able to fly all my models on one transmitter. I have been pointed to this site. I would appreciate some advice on if this can be done? How? And what i would need to purchase.
thank you all in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2015 15:41 #32116 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic newbie help plse
I believe the 3gxmr/t6 uses the futaba protocol. I'm not sure which one, but we don't currently support any futaba protocols with Deviation, so I think that one is going to be hard unless you change the receiver.
The trex250 should work fine on Deviation as it is DSM2/X
I think the V911 ver2 still uses the Flysky protocol, so that one needs an A7105 module
The v931 uses the KN protocol which requires an nrf24L01 module

So you can get 3 of your 4 models flying with the same transmitter using Deviation and 2 add-on modules (which you need to solder into the transmitter)
You could use any supported Walkera transmitter, but I would recommend a Devo 8, 10, or 12. The 7e could work, but requires an additional mod to get full range, as it is really intended for micros. The F7, F12, and F12E are not yet supported by Deviation (The F7 is getting close, but due to its limited hardware, I wouldn't recommend purchasing one)

More
05 May 2015 16:34 #32124 by tetleys
Replied by tetleys on topic newbie help plse
Hi thank you very much for your reply. I can certainly live with my trex 450 and the futaba radio For time being and could like you suggest change the receiver at a later date.And it would be great to have my other 3 models on 1 tx. thanks for letting me know which modules i require. Can these be taken out of the existing transmitters at all and soldered into a devo transmitter? If not could you plse tell me what and where to purchase the modules from plse? thank you

More
05 May 2015 19:20 #32130 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic newbie help plse
yes, usually the modules can be pulled out of the existing transmitters with a little soldering skill. I don't know the specifics of these transmitters, but if you want to be 100% sure, you could open them and take a picture. Usually the RF module is easily identifiable.

One note, I think there have been some issues regarding the BeastX and Deviation. I am not sure what they are and whether they are user-error or real issues. I recommend searching the forum 1st.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds